Americans Abroad | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
It came off a rebound from a corner which is why he was back. They broke out after a cleared corner.
Yeah but he’s in a very tough position. The guy who made the final pass had a man inside that would’ve led to another breakaway, so I guess Weston probably stepped that way assuming the guy would make the easy pass inside. He was kind of caught in no man’s land there.

Reaction Score
McKennie was subbed in late today. Generally played off his man and was at CDM trying to occupy space and close angles, so it didn't look like much, but when he came forward, he slid right into an open space at the top of the box, got a pass, swung around and knocked it in just under the crossbar. Juve was re-energized by his goal and they dominated the last 15 minutes, with McKennie making several nice passes that could have easily been goals.

Juve lost again. 2-1 to Verona. McKennie did more in his 20 minutes than he has in 5 entire games this year.

That being said, Juve is devolving quickly, and it looks really really bad for this team.

Any team with Chiesa, Morata, Locatelli, Dybala, Kean, de Ligt, Chiellini, Bonucci, Kulusefski, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, Rabiot, Danilo, Sandro, etc., should not be this bad.

Reaction Score
Busio is just fantastic. I will eat a Providence hat if there is anyone on the USMNT that can cross better than him. If we actually had a presence down low, Busio would be an incredible weapon. Jose Mourinho is right now wondering why Busio isn't on Roma.

Reaction Score
Rumor is that Alex Mighten, promising 19 y/o winger from Nottingham Forest is switching allegiances to US from England. Born in Hartford actually which is cool. Was set to suit up for England U-20’s this break as he has consistently, but apparently Gregg convinced him. Say what you want about GGG, his recruiting of dual nationals has been pretty great.

Reaction Score
Busio is just fantastic. I will eat a Providence hat if there is anyone on the USMNT that can cross better than him. If we actually had a presence down low, Busio would be an incredible weapon. Jose Mourinho is right now wondering why Busio isn't on Roma.

I’ve been watching him since he was weee teenager. I wish he could have gotten out of MLS sooner.

Reaction Score
mnt ucl.jpg

Our boys trending in the right direction!

Reaction Score
Rumor is that Alex Mighten, promising 19 y/o winger from Nottingham Forest is switching allegiances to US from England. Born in Hartford actually which is cool. Was set to suit up for England U-20’s this break as he has consistently, but apparently Gregg convinced him. Say what you want about GGG, his recruiting of dual nationals has been pretty great.
Oldish Alex Mighten article (Mar 21), born in West Hartford during time his father worked as an ESPN association football analyst

Reaction Score
Interesting that Rochester NY FC is the only non MLS team invited into the MLS Pro League (it's starting below USL top and 2nd divisions but I bet will quickly become the US and Canada's #2 league).

All MLS 2nd teams will be joining this league starting this year.

Rochester NY FC got funding from Jamie Vardy and a few other rich guys and it took over the Empire United FC in Western NY which has produced several MLS Pros.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Interesting that Rochester NY FC is the only non MLS team invited into the MLS Pro League (it's starting below USL top and 2nd divisions but I bet will quickly become the US and Canada's #2 league).

Rochester NY FC got funding from Jamie Vardy and a few other rich guys and it took over the Empire United FC in Western NY which has produced several MLS Pros.

I firmly believe that relegation in the US would improve both the MLS and the quality of players who come out it. Hopefully this is a baby step in that direction.

Reaction Score

It will never be the #2 league. You must be smoking crack.

That’s like saying the EPL U23s are the number 2 league in England.

Reaction Score
I firmly believe that relegation in the US would improve both the MLS and the quality of players who come out it. Hopefully this is a baby step in that direction.

It’s actually a big step in the other direction.

MLS has no interest in 2nd Division soccer. They want a farm system.

How on earth could a league comprised of MLS reserve teams and academy players be part of any pyramid. Rhetorical question.

Reaction Score
It will never be the #2 league. You must be smoking crack.

That’s like saying the EPL U23s are the number 2 league in England.
You realize this is the United States, right? We don't really have talent in the lower leagues, and we don't even have relegation.

These are essentially farm teams. The investors and Jamie Vardy are in this to bring over older players, not U23s, and they're already signing some. They will be better than the teams in the USL.

Reaction Score
You realize this is the United States, right? We don't really have talent in the lower leagues, and we don't even have relegation.

These are essentially farm teams. The investors and Jamie Vardy are in this to bring over older players, not U23s, and they're already signing some. They will be better than the teams in the USL.

We already have these. This isn’t new. They just pulled them out of one league and put them in ta new one. You’re clueless as usual.

This will be a total flop.

Reaction Score
We already have these. This isn’t new. They just pulled them out of one league and put them in ta new one. You’re clueless as usual.

This will be a total flop.
Are you a child? You'd think you'd mellow in your older age, but instead you're in full on irascible mode.

Reaction Score
Are you a child? You'd think you'd mellow in your older age, but instead you're in full on irascible mode.

Nobody wants to watch AAA soccer. They want to see Second Division soccer. How many people watch the Liverpool U23s?

Reaction Score

That is what I love about ZooCougar. He has a consistent and defensible point of view. And he makes predictions. He is not afraid to be right or wrong. He is not afraid to be judged by his convictions. I hope he never changes.

Reaction Score
That is what I love about ZooCougar. He has a consistent and defensible point of view. And he makes predictions. He is not afraid to be right or wrong. He is not afraid to be judged by his convictions. I hope he never changes.

Pennstater is like: Vardy is going to bring the stars. Pennstater also doesn’t even know that Didier Drogba owns a USL team and played for it. He’s acting like this is a whole new idea.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to watch AAA soccer. They want to see Second Division soccer. How many people watch the Liverpool U23s?
You can't seem to understand where you live. This is the USA. Soccer is not the #1 sport. There's obviously not enough talent to make a great second league, but with MLS pulling all its teams from the USL championship, the USL just got weaker.

Reaction Score
Pennstater is like: Vardy is going to bring the stars. Pennstater also doesn’t even know that Didier Drogba owns a USL team and played for it. He’s acting like this is a whole new idea.
Go root for Hartford Athletic. I'm sure they're going places. The fact that the USL lost over 10+ of its wealthiest properties is sure to make them the league of the future.

Reaction Score
You can't seem to understand where you live. This is the USA. Soccer is not the #1 sport. There's obviously not enough talent to make a great second league, but with MLS pulling all its teams from the USL championship, the USL just got weaker.

We have a second league already. And it is loaded with signings from all over the world.

You don’t seem to understand that this already exists.

Besides MLS Next Pro is just a pro league for the academies. It’s not even what you are describing.

Reaction Score
Go root for Hartford Athletic. I'm sure they're going places. The fact that the USL lost over 10+ of its wealthiest properties is sure to make them the league of the future.

Name the wealthiest properties.

The MLS 2 “teams” have negative value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom