American media day news | The Boneyard

American media day news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
UConn (5 first place votes) picked to finish 2nd in the league, one spot behind Cincinnati(6 first place votes). Jalen Adams made the preseason 2nd team, our only player to make a preseason team.

Rodney Purvis not making either team is a complete joke. I'm still happy he didn't, because preseason teams are meaningless and this is only gonna motivate him more.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
IMG_0073.PNG

For those that want to read the release from the conference. Also yes Purvis not being on one of the pre season teams is a snub but being separated by 1 point from Cinci is not being underestimated. More like a coin flip by the coaches.

Cincinnati Voted as 2016-17 American Men’s Basketball Preseason Favorite

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wow no Purvis but Jalen Adams made second team? Odd. Happy to see Caupain and Clark be unanimous 1st team.

Reaction Score
That is strange that Purvis wasn't even on the 2nd team. Hopefully he uses the snub as motivation.

What surprises me is guys like B.J. Tyson and Jahmal McMurray made second team ahead of Purvis. I think Purvis is definitely a better player than both. They were able to put up nice numbers last year because they were essentially the whole show for their respective teams. Also don't think Rob Gray, Jr. belongs.

I would've had: Caupain, Clark, Milton, Lawson and Purvis on first team. Moore, Adams, Dotson, Tacko Fall and maybe Obi Enechionyia on second.

But that's just me.

The New Haven Register Blogs: UConn Men's Basketball Blog: UConn picked to finish second in AAC, Cincy first; Alterique Gilbert top rookie, Jalen Adams second team all-league; Rodney Purvis snubbed ... again

Reaction Score
I have no problem with this. Cincy returns their two best players on team that beat UConn twice last season and came seconds away from going 3-0 while UConn lost 3 major players that all averaged double figures. UConn is better on paper right now and if they play as expected will be the better team but Cincy has less unknowns than UConn entering the season so they get a 1 point advantage.

Purvis on the other hand should use this as motivation.

Keep in mind Preseason polls are more meaningless then regular season polls.

Reaction Score
If the team takes care of business in Maui one of the players will be in the drivers seat for an all american slot ,forget conference.

Purvis ended the year as our best player , there's a chance he takes another step forward his grad year a la his buddy dez wells.

Reaction Score
I can see why basketball coaches don't like Purvis' game....But nevermind: Screw Cronin!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Preseason awards are tough for us in a conference like this. Our players are just so much better than everyone in the bottom tier of the conference, but they also want to diversify these accolades. It wouldn't look good to fill the preseason all-conference teams with just UConn, Cincy and Memphis players every year.

Reaction Score
UConn (5 first place votes) picked to finish 2nd in the league, one spot behind Cincinnati(6 first place votes). Jalen Adams made the preseason 2nd team, our only player to make a preseason team.

Rodney Purvis not making either team is a complete joke. I'm still happy he didn't, because preseason teams are meaningless and this is only gonna motivate him more.
Rodney Purvis does not deserve to make 1st or 2nd team. Sure he can defend and make the 3 but the guy drives you nuts watching him play. Doesn't have a feel for the game or good instincts. Lots of athleticism that will help you in spurts but he hasn't been consistent enough to warrant all-league.....but I sure hope I'll be eating my words come April.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis does not deserve to make 1st or 2nd team. Sure he can defend and make the 3 but the guy drives you nuts watching him play. Doesn't have a feel for the game or good instincts. Lots of athleticism that will help you in spurts but he hasn't been consistent enough to warrant all-league.....but I sure hope I'll be eating my words come April.
YEAH! The leading scorer on the best team in the conference shouldn't even make the 2nd all-conference team! He sucks! Yeah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom