American media day news | Page 3 | The Boneyard

American media day news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My judgement from the last two years of Purvis is that he's a high usage, inefficient player. He often is out of control, fails to finish on the break a lot of the time, underperforms at the FT line, and doesn't have the ability to function effectively in a half court offense because he's so far lacked the ability to break someone down off the dribble. His best assets are his fast break speed and recently accurate 3 PT shooting. If he wasn't in the game most of his points would be distributed elsewhere, so he doesn't add a lot of points to the offense.

Can't really blame coaches for not picking him to be an all first or second team selection. But I do think he'll improve his efficiency this year as he continues to mature and the game slows down for him.

His 3% was the same last year as it was as a freshman. It dropped a bit after taking a year off. He's always been a good standstill shooter who is prone to the occasionally cold game.

His handle is not very good. He's decent in the mid-range game but doesn't shoot well coming off of screens. He relies on strength and athleticism to get to the basket. I can live with him not finishing if he's hitting 70+% from the line like he did after January 1 last year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
there's only one program that even matters in the AAC, everyone else is a wannabe

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let Cronin say what he wants. Maybe Diaco should have started a rivalry with Cincinnati?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Let Cronin say what he wants. Maybe Diaco should have started a rivalry with Cincinnati?
Don't even bring that up please, its too infuriating for me. Yes, Diaco was an idiot for thinking forcing a rivalry would work, but the way UCF is systematically going out of its way to insult the trophy screams misplaced hubris and a sense of them using this as an opportunity for a lesser program to "big league" another one, simply because they live in one of those swampland states that likes foosballs /rant

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I like Cronin. I like that nobody is off limits for him to take a shot at and I like the fact that he seems to be a miserable human being. Where Cincinnati is concerned, they're the only program in the conference that feels like a peer and all our games with them - though usually ugly - have a pulse.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Don't even bring that up please, its too infuriating for me. Yes, Diaco was an idiot for thinking forcing a rivalry would work, but the way UCF is systematically going out of its way to insult the trophy screams misplaced hubris and a sense of them using this as an opportunity for a lesser program to "big league" another one, simply because they live in one of those swampland states that likes foosballs /rant
Actually, I think all the blame falls on Diaco. I would have done the same thing if I was UCF.

But...this is a basketball board! Taliek Brown sucks! Jerome isn't a point guard! Why can't Amida play better defense than those chairs?!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Actually, I think all the blame falls on Diaco. I would have done the same thing if I was UCF.

But...this is a basketball board! Taliek Brown sucks! Jerome isn't a point guard! Why can't Amida play better defense than those chairs?!
And Purvis doesn't even deserve to be on the all suck team

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I like Cronin. I like that nobody is off limits for him to take a shot at and I like the fact that he seems to be a miserable human being. Where Cincinnati is concerned, they're the only program in the conference that feels like a peer and all our games with them - though usually ugly - have a pulse.
The Temple games have been interesting also
Cronin is a piece of work but better watch out or he will blow a gasket

Reaction Score
The Temple games have been interesting also
Cronin is a piece of work but better watch out or he will blow a gasket

Seems like the last couple years we've lost the exact same game to Temple four times, with the latest one being the biggest stomach punch of them all.

SMU has kicked our asses a few times. Will be interesting to see what becomes of them post-Brown.

Reaction Score
There are Cincy fans on the CNS board right now criticizing Ollie for constantly complaining too the referees.

On our board, 1,000+ threads have started because Ollie never complains to the refs.

And there coach is Cronin!!!

Wow, kobe is a good poster, but is he the only non-obtuse Cincy fan?

Reaction Score
There are Cincy fans on the CNS board right now criticizing Ollie for constantly complaining too the referees.

On our board, 1,000+ threads have started because Ollie never complains to the refs.

The answer is that fans are by definition not objective. We have plenty of that kind on here, too.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

stone-cold-laughing.gif

...yes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Of course what you say is mostly true (and I threw you a like), but do me (if not the lot of us) a favor and leave the football-centric and especially the Diaco posts on the football board. There are many a football fan on this board trying to avoid the negativity being churned up on the football board.

Reaction Score
Cronin is an idiot.

There is not a college referee working that would have counted that play & disallowed the hoop. Take your medicine ... tell your kids not to be beyond half-court celebrating as Adams gets the ball and launched. Classic UConn play and one that Cincinnati just hasn't had in the last 30 years of our rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom