American Athletic Conference 2015 Bowl Games | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference 2015 Bowl Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very excited for this team the extra practices will really help develop our younger players as there are only 13 seniors and 92 underclassmen. Its the equivalent of an extra spring practice period. Expect this team to contend in the American next year.

BBVA Compass Bowl, Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC
Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA
Miami Beach Bowl, Miami, Fla. – vs. Conference USA
Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West
Boca Raton Bowl, Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. MAC

The BBVA Compass Bowl takes place at Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala., in one of the most passionate college football communities in the nation.The American Athletic Conference will face an opponent from the Southeastern Conference during each year of the cycle. If the SEC is unable to send a team to the game, the Atlantic Coast Conference would provide a team to oppose The American representative.

The Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg is played at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The American Athletic Conference will supply a team to the bowl during each year of the six-year cycle. The Atlantic Coast Conference will provide the opposing team in 2014, 2016 and 2018, while Conference USA will play in the game in 2015, 2017 and 2019.

he Miami Beach Bowl will be played for the first time in 2014 An American Athletic Conference team will play in the bowl each year, facing opponents from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference and the Sun Belt Conference two times each. Institutions from other conferences also will have the opportunity to participate.

The Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman will take place at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md., while the events and activities surrounding the game will be based in Washington, D.C. The American Athletic Conference will face an opponent from the Atlantic Coast Conference in all six years of the coming cycle.

The Sheraton Hawaii Bowl will be played on Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium on the campus of the University of Hawaii.The American Athletic Conference will participate in the bowl in 2015, 2017 and 2019, where it will face an opponent from the Mountain West Conference, with Conference USA as a secondary affiliation.

The Boca Raton Bowl will be a pre-Christmas game that will feature an American Athletic Conference team three times during the six-year cycle at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Fla. The American representative will face a team from the Mid-American Conference in in 2015 and 2019 and a Conference USA opponent in 2016 and 2017.

http://theamerican.org/news/2013/12/5/fb_1205134743.aspx

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for not the Hawaii or Birmingham... I couldn't go to Hawaii and I don't want to go back to Birmingham.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for not the Hawaii or Birmingham... I couldn't go to Hawaii and I don't want to go back to Birmingham.
no one wants to go to Birmingham

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually didn't mind Birmingham for the bbq haha.

Best bet would be Military in Maryland. Gotta think from a logistic standpoint they'd want a Northeast team in there.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Hoping for Miami Beach, Military, or Hawaii.
Literally no one will go to Hawaii. If getting a crowd there is the goal than hope for any other game. Flights and hotels are virtually impossible to find and at extravagant prices. The years Nevada went they sold less than 100 tickets. They sold 12,000 to the Kraft Bowl in SF. I wanted to go but that desire quickly disappeared when I saw the reality of the cost.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Hawaii is good for two reasons:

1) The only game on prime time Christmas Eve. Millions of eyeballs looking for a game to watch. Whoever plays has a captive national audience.

2) It's a nice trip for the team.

Other than that, it sucks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Could be 9 eligible AAC teams. Is there room for all?

If you're 6-6 this year, you're almost certainly going to find a bowl somewhere.

There are 80 slots!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Birmingham - it would be good to beat another obnoxious SEC fan base.

Reaction Score
If you're 6-6 this year, you're almost certainly going to find a bowl somewhere.

There are 80 slots!
Got it - that'll be enough...80 more than enough.
but which teams get the AAC tie-ins and which scramble?

Reaction Score
Very excited for this team the extra practices will really help develop our younger players as there are only 13 seniors and 92 underclassmen. Its the equivalent of an extra spring practice period. Expect this team to contend in the American next year.

BBVA Compass Bowl, Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC
Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA
Miami Beach Bowl, Miami, Fla. – vs. Conference USA
Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West
Boca Raton Bowl, Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. MAC

The BBVA Compass Bowl takes place at Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala., in one of the most passionate college football communities in the nation.The American Athletic Conference will face an opponent from the Southeastern Conference during each year of the cycle. If the SEC is unable to send a team to the game, the Atlantic Coast Conference would provide a team to oppose The American representative.

The Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg is played at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The American Athletic Conference will supply a team to the bowl during each year of the six-year cycle. The Atlantic Coast Conference will provide the opposing team in 2014, 2016 and 2018, while Conference USA will play in the game in 2015, 2017 and 2019.

he Miami Beach Bowl will be played for the first time in 2014 An American Athletic Conference team will play in the bowl each year, facing opponents from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference and the Sun Belt Conference two times each. Institutions from other conferences also will have the opportunity to participate.

The Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman will take place at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md., while the events and activities surrounding the game will be based in Washington, D.C. The American Athletic Conference will face an opponent from the Atlantic Coast Conference in all six years of the coming cycle.

The Sheraton Hawaii Bowl will be played on Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium on the campus of the University of Hawaii.The American Athletic Conference will participate in the bowl in 2015, 2017 and 2019, where it will face an opponent from the Mountain West Conference, with Conference USA as a secondary affiliation.

The Boca Raton Bowl will be a pre-Christmas game that will feature an American Athletic Conference team three times during the six-year cycle at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Fla. The American representative will face a team from the Mid-American Conference in in 2015 and 2019 and a Conference USA opponent in 2016 and 2017.

http://theamerican.org/news/2013/12/5/fb_1205134743.aspx

I really hope they come to Boca Raton since I live there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From a selfish possibility of attending game I want Birmingham, Orlando or St Pete.

From a program point of view I want something that gives team max practices and time to heal.

Later is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22