American Athletic Conference 2015 Bowl Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference 2015 Bowl Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's outstanding that we can talk about going bowling. What a great feeling. The guys must be on cloud nine.

I still have to pinch myself. I can't believe we get to have this conversation. Pleasant surprise and what a year to build up to next year with all these young reutrning players getting this experience and extra practice. Not to mention getting the season ticket holders/casual fans back next year who opted out/remained skeptical.

Reaction Score
I still have to pinch myself. I can't believe we get to have this conversation. Pleasant surprise and what a year to build up to next year with all these young reutrning players getting this experience and extra practice. Not to mention getting the season ticket holders/casual fans back next year who opted out/remained skeptical.

Fans will come.. I dragged a few unwilling CT residents to Villanova & Navy and they've turned the corner to become UCONN fans, texting me and watching the games with me live. After today they asked me if I could buy season tickets for the 4 of us next year.

CT fans are fickle but they're huge supporters when you're winning and great fans once they get into the stadium

Reaction Score
My aunt and uncle from North Carolina, whose children all attend UNC Chapel Hill, both sent me pictures of the TV screen when UCONN won. People were watching this game.

Reaction Score
1. With the Champion playing in a BCS Bowl (whatever they are calling it), AAC will have 8 slots this year.

2. Navy will play in Annapolis, unless they get the BCS Bowl. If they do beat Houston and Temple -- and that is certainly possible -- we would make a lot of sense for that slot.

3. If ECU and Tulsa get bowl eligible and we have 9, not worried. Every 6-6 team will go bowling, and again, the Pinstripe against an ACC team is now certainly on the table. The Big Ten will not fill its slot, the ACC won't send Syracuse and its hard to believe the Yankees wouldn't want us.

What a great game. What a great day. Yes, the season now has another month but I can't wait for next year already.

Reaction Score
Did someone mention the pinstripe as a possibility?

Not a bowl that the AAC is eligible for. It's ACC vs. B1G

Only way AAC is possible is if one of those conferences can't field all of their slots. Basically, very slim chance.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Does OSU losing today domino down through the B1G spots to make them not filling the Pinstripe less likely?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I wish we had some central time zone bowls. I'm in Dallas and the closest bowl is Birmingham, 10 hours east of here.

I bet the AAC west teams would like something in Texas, New Orleans, or Memphis.

But it's hard to go wrong with Florida. Everybody goes to Florida.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
AAC has an outside shot at getting an extra bowl team. I'm rooting for an extra team to boost our bowl possibilities. I don't know what the exact selection criteria is, but if Navy wins out I'd imagine that the Military bowl wants us or Temple. If the Pinstripe bowl has an opening, you have to imagine that we're very high on their list. If the AAC could move a team to get the pinstripe, they will do it because of the payout and P5 opponent. If we end up in Orlando, Boca or Miami we'll have great weather.

Reaction Score
From what I hear, the Westport of South Florida (upscale, suburban).

It's a mix of old and new money. Lots of women 65+ with facelifts, botox, implants, etc. wearing gaudy gold crap, big long fake finger nails, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom