America 12? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

America 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stern's still alive? I watched his WWOR show back in the days and listened for years. I used to talk with friends and coworkers about the show daily. He may have made a good chunk of change off the SIRI deal, but man his popularity plummeted. He is a forgotten man.

I forgot about him for a while, then started dating this woman, who when I got in her car for the first time, had Howard on. So I picked it back up again. I didn't always listen to his interviews before, but lately they're riveting. Really good stuff. He had Mark Cuban, Tommy Motola, Donald Trump, and some others on lately that's made for some great radio.

Reaction Score
I'm having a a Monty Python moment today. Mentioned them in another thread. But anyways the A12 fight song could be "Look on the bright side of Life" which is the song used at the end of Life of Brian.

Reaction Score
Caught this on Facebook - looks like Aresco's saying they haven't chosen a name yet. Let's hope it's true.

BIG EAST Commissioner Mike Aresco Statement Regarding Conference Name—

“We have not chosen a new conference name at this time and there are no favorites. We are going through a thoughtful evaluation of potential names for our conference, and will select a name in a timely manner through a comprehensive and deliberate process that involves our presidents and athletic directors as well as constituents from inside and outside the conference. We are excited about the prospect of re-branding and look forward to working with our institutions and our fans as we engage in this process.”

Reaction Score
Caught this on Facebook - looks like Aresco's saying they haven't chosen a name yet. Let's hope it's true.

“We have not chosen a new conference name at this time and there are no favorites. We are going through a thoughtful evaluation of potential names for our conference, and will select a name in a timely manner through a comprehensive and deliberate process that involves our presidents and athletic directors as well as constituents from inside and outside the conference. We are excited about the prospect of re-branding and look forward to working with our institutions and our fans as we engage in this process.”

Just be patient.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What if we do the American Conference but have a legends and leaders division. would that work for you?
Kind of a crappy name but really cool divisions.

Ha! Now I know you're kidding... ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Translation: "We leaked America 12 and everyone went bat- about it, so we'll leak our #2 choice next week and see how it is received".

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Translation: "We leaked America 12 and everyone went bat- about it, so we'll leak our #2 choice next week and see how it is received".

Exactly this!!!

Reaction Score
My response... As long as there aren't any snarky people on twitter, there's no way this plan can backfire.

Backfire how... like the conference takes a perceptual beating - imagine that? :eek:

It's a smart move to engage fanbase - it's not like they will have the votes tabulated and certified by Pricewaterhouse Coopers :).

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Is it me or does AMERICA - 12 sound like a super hero team??

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Androgynous Gay-12 would be way cooler. Very trendy.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does AMERICA - 12 sound like a super hero team??

Conference Mascot...

image.jpg

Reaction Score
A: I'm still holding out for AAC as the conference name
B: I don't think the new conference will be as bad as everyone thinks they are going to be. In saying that top to bottom they will still be the 6th best conference in football to start out. Lot of potential if given a few years to nurture. If SMU can return to national prominence sooner than later, Houston and UCF continue to improve, same with Temple, UConn & Cincy... in 5 years this could turn into a pretty solid football conference minus the baggage(C-7) the Big East had to carry around with it.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing UConn mix it up week to week with the B1G or teach the ACC a weekly lesson for not inviting us in the first place but lets face it in the last 5 years UConn hasn't won more than 8 games in a regular season and they only did that once. 7-5, 7-5, 8-4, 5-7 & 5-7 isn't exactly screaming "We belong with the big boys!" I'm not so sure it's the B1G and the ACC saying "we won't have you" as much as they might be saying "prove you belong first". So now UConn has a perfect opportunity to do just that.

Reaction Score
... And tries to perpetuate the urban legend that a School AD and School President can sprinkle some pixie dust and wave a magc wand and make it so...

"Get ‘em outta there, Whit Babcock and Santa Ono"
Totally agree about the Courant guys. They need to not sugar coat it so those not following it this closely realize the hell we are about to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom