America 12? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

America 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
As long as they make conference commercials that are appealing and don't look like a middle school student made them like the current BE commercials I'll be happy. Not big on the name but so be it. Let's see a logo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
McMurphy says not definite but America 12 is leading candidate. Can we find out what others have been registered by the law firm?

Reaction Score
McMurphy says not definite but America 12 is leading candidate. Can we find out what others have been registered by the law firm?
McMurphy says America One has also been registered.

Reaction Score
Could it be any more bland and uninspired. The avoided "Big" at least. Hoping to avoid "America" and any number as well. 1 out of 3...not good.

What's "inspiring" - Is there any conference that has an "inspiring" name?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If you read the article on ESPN it basically says they've registered every variation of Americs 12 possible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What's "inspiring" - Is there any conference that has an "inspiring" name?

The name itself is not supposed to be inspiring, but should result from some inspiration.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
S uddenly
C onference
R ealligned
E ntities
W ishing
E very
D ay

Reaction Score
'Murica 12

With this image as our logo:

0fb.jpg

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If you read the article on ESPN it basically says they've registered every variation of Americs 12 possible.

Right but I'm wondering if there's a way to look up other registrations of other entirely different names. Like Da Badass Conference (where my Stern fans at?).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm trying to stay positive about this new conference, but this is a horrible, horrible, horrible.....horrible....name. Conferences should not take on the name of the nation (i.e., Conference USA). Also, conferences should no longer take on names with the number of teams in them, especially one that is very likely to get picked over again. Uggh. Isn't there anyone in that head office that has any friggin' foresight???

(No, we aren't C-USA 2.0....we're America-12! Well holy $#it, partner, I'm convinced now...) :confused:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Hey look on the bright side... we're 2 better than the A-10!

Nigel Tufnel endorses this name.

One good thing you can say about it is that it doesn't rhyme with least anymore.

Reaction Score
They surely wanted an A name, since it puts it at the top in the list of conference standings.

As for the number issue ... Yeah that really limits conferences ability to expand.
Remind me again how many teams are in the big 12? Big 10? Atlantic 10?

yup, and since "12" comes before "East" alphabetically, this should put them at the top, ahead of that power house "America East" (who I think partly changed their name from "North Atlantic" in order to be listed first.
It's worked out so well for them... and let's see what their response is to this move by the NNNNNBE to supplant them at the top!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Right but I'm wondering if there's a way to look up other registrations of other entirely different names. Like Da Badass Conference (where my Stern fans at?).

Im a JD fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel