Amazing Aubrey! | The Boneyard

Amazing Aubrey!

Reaction Score
I can’t help but give a big shout out to Aubrey. This young lady did not play basketball for 18 months due to injuries and had back surgery. Here she is back in her second game of the season averaging 13.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. A fantastic spark off the bench for our team. Great job Aubrey!!! UConn fans love you.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Aubrey will be the real X factor this season. We all talked about our new players and our returning players that played a significant role last year. Aubrey was an almost forgotten player. Not new, did not play last year. Her contribution to this team will be huge and I don't think many of us were counting on that.

Reaction Score
The fact that Aubrey was in the game during crunch time against Texas is huge. She is ready and Geno has the confidence to use her. You hope for the best after back surgery and so far better than expected.

Last year at the Louisville game I was watching warm ups. Paige was on crutches near the bench area. Under the basket were Azzi in a boot, Nika in a boot, and Aubrey (I believe wearing a back brace). It was a tough picture to look at. No more injuries please.

Reaction Score
What a great leap she has made. I am happy to see her playing like this. She is fun to watch knocking
down the three baggers, flying to the basket, and playing tough D.
Aubrey can jump out of the gym. She skys with the best of them. With a healthy Aubrey and a healthy Dorka, I really believe last year's final game ends differently. I'm looking forward to the rematch in the playoffs.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What a great leap she has made. I am happy to see her playing like this. She is fun to watch knocking
down the three baggers, flying to the basket, and playing tough D.
oldude and I have been telling the BY that Aubrey has a very good offensive game for the last two seasons. Her mother said that when she came back from her major injury in high school, she had one of her best seasons. She has always had the offense. She lacked the confidence. Ask oldude.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aubrey is special!! She is playing like she hasn't missed a year, and had back surgery. I love watching Aubrey play!!
Not a perfect comparison, but she reminds me of Gabby, in that it’s always worthwhile paying attention to her. Good things happen around her with or without the ball.

Especially after all she has been through, I could not be happier for her.

Reaction Score
Everything appears to be as good as pre back surgery from a physical standpoint. To me the huge positive is this year she looks comfortable as a guard/wing, not a more natural 4. She will be needed quite a bit with the smalls, brings an entirely different skillset, and gives Geno some situational options.

Right now, we appear to have a three big rotation with Ayanna #3, and as long as we are healthy that is OK, but with Ice out and Amari struggling, any injuries there and Aubrey probably becomes the third big as well, so it looks like she will get regular minutes if the team is healthy, and big minutes if there is an injury in the backcourt or the frontcourt.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
A superior athlete whose Basketball IQ is now catching up to her unreal physical gifts. No longer running around like a deer in headlights, AG is the real deal, love watching her dominate the opposition and her ability to defy gravity.

Reaction Score
Not a perfect comparison, but she reminds me of Gabby, in that it’s always worthwhile paying attention to her. Good things happen around her with or without the ball.

Especially after all she has been through, I could not be happier for her.
Maybe not perfect, but a pretty darn good comparison!

Reaction Score
I'd forgotten that she was so highly rated coming out of Ossining. Great mom and dad gene pool, so we shouldn't be too surprised by what we saw Monday. But I was, probably because of the surgery she was coming back from. I was thrilled by her performance, especially the behind-the-back dribble. Have to admit to being a long time Seton Hall(her dad) fan, growing up in NJ during the Walter Dukes era. She may very well be a great difference maker this season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
down the three baggers,
flying to the basket, and playing tough D.
She is fun to watch!! We're seeing an Aubrey we've never seen before and I love it. See her drain those 3's is a thing of beauty!!! :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ono was hurt too
Yes. We went as far as we could go last year under the circumstances. Some of our players as you've said were not healthy. After game, I commented that we had a good run, but it just was not our year. We went farther than any other team besides SC. There were a lot of very good teams that did not make the final four.

It will be the same THIS year. A crowded field with only 4 openings. A legitimate 6-8 teams that have a chance to win the championship. The "usual suspects" will be there along with that unknown un-anticipated dark-horse that always manages to get in and muck things up.
A lot of very good teams will be sent home early. :( Survive and advance. That is the time of the year when sometimes it's better to be "lucky" than good. Like getting an "ugly" win. I'll take an ugly win(s) in the tournament every year. ;) You continue to play getting ugly wins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really think she is going to one of those "X" factors for the Huskies going forward. The last time I saw her play was 2 years ago, and at that time she seemed tentative and a bit overwhelmed - so to contrast that to her play now is just a huge delight..! :)

Reaction Score
Aubrey can jump out of the gym. She skys with the best of them. With a healthy Aubrey and a healthy Dorka, I really believe last year's final game ends differently. I'm looking forward to the rematch in the playoffs.
Aubrey in the rafters, her view different from same-sized players. So happy for her.

Reaction Score
Returninng from Back surgery is tough. Aubrey has truly overcome. I expect her to improve on her shooting and driving, its in her family. Her D will improve also. I'm not being critical just saying that she clearly has more fuel in the tank which we haven't seen yet. A strong strong player with much upside. Her growing confidence will take her far. Go Aubrey

Reaction Score
1144DF30-6431-4EAC-B11F-C0BE8CC94A76.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom