Amari in Transfer Portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amari in Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@dtbtbtb meant no offense to KK. In a previous thread, there was discussion that next year’s team will be very young so bringing in a grad student that’s “been there“ can help keep the team settled down in tight situations, the way Dorka and Lou brought calm demeanors with them.
Exactly! i would prefer to have an experienced PG to share time with KK then have Paige playing PG when KK is on the bench (no reason why KK should be playing 40 min. a game next season). I have no doubt that KK will be a great PG for UConn the next 3 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised by Ines but I was surprised about Amari. I thought she might have exhausted her scholarship availability at Connecticut. I know she liked it here. I'll be curious to see where she ends up.

I wish them both well.

#alwaysahusky

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is a win-win situation for UConn and Amari. I could always see her potential, but sadly I don’t think she was given a chance to develop. Wonder where she’ll end up! Wherever it is, I hope she can get meaningful playing time!
She was given every chance to develop! Three years of being coached by arguably greatest coaching staff in the country. Somehow, the wires got crossed and she was never able to get a toehold on the court. I sincerely hope she can find a place where she can revive her love and enthusiasm for the game.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno will pursue any xfers to fill these slots. Maybe another big?

CL82

Reaction Score
Amari has two years left of eligibility, right? Her senior year and a Covid year, I think.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno will pursue any xfers to fill these slots. Maybe another big?
I feel like he has to pursue some transfers (there’s too much talent there not to, but will they be the bigs that we need idk). I think after the last 3 seasons of injuries, only having 13 players would be too risky and could put us in a position of not having adequate number of players again. Also, Azzi, Aubrey, and Caroline might not even be ready at the beginning of the season so it would be nice to have more players than less.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With Ines and Amari leaving, do we look into the Portal?
Absolutely. That doesn’t mean UConn brings someone in. But the Huskies now have 2 roster spots available. I think we’re set at guard and power forward. But I have to believe Geno will look for a center , maybe an experienced 5th year player who can hold down the fort while Jana gets up to speed.

Reaction Score
Not surprising. It’s sad though, she wanted to be a husky. She was but probably not how she wanted it to

Reaction Score
I always thought she could have been a great asset to this team but never really got to shine. I hope she finds a coach that will know how to communicate with her to get the most out of her talents. I know she was a great teammate and a shining example of the kind of person you want your kids to emulate as they grow up. I really think you haven't heard the last of her.

Reaction Score
Not to mention Big East programs, all of whom are hurting for size and paint presence. I can think of destinations in suburban Philadelphia, Omaha (if she wants to travel that far), and Milwaukee depending on what happens with the Marquette coaching situation.
I like the BLUE JAY idea..... Creighton has always been IMHO, a BIG big away from making
that next step... Best Wishes to Amari, wherever she lands... ( HOW DOES ONE SAY THAT
IN SIGN LANGUAGE??).

Reaction Score
I bet she finished all the classes she needed for her major in sign language. I am under the impression that not many schools offer that major.
I also agree that AMARI was probably ahead of the curve on getting all her curriculum credits completed!
Best wishes to Amari.

CL82

Reaction Score
HOW DOES ONE SAY THAT
IN SIGN LANGUAGE?
You Can Good Luck GIF by CSDRMS

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why do you think we need an "experienced" PG when we have KK, a player who started over 30 games and showed she is the real deal? Not to mention, we still have PB. Your comment, while perhaps innocent, was disingenuous to KK considering she was thrown into the fire but did not burn. KK had arguably a better freshman year than Crystal and Moriah. We are fine at PG for the next 3 years!
I would just say that Chen would be good insurance for one year while we wait for Kelis. I wouldn't say she is needed since a healthy KK is what's needed. However, with all the injuries, I'm a proponent for a full 15 member roster to ensure we have enough bodies. I'm just saying that the last couple years should show that we need more insurance than we've had in the past.

Reaction Score
If Oregon State disintegrates and Raegan Beers enters the portal, I would think
she would be worth pursuing, because we will be kind of green in the post next
year (talented but green).

Reaction Score
If Oregon State disintegrates and Raegan Beers enters the portal, I would think
she would be worth pursuing, because we will be kind of green in the post next
year (talented but green).
6’3 Forward Timea Gardiner out of Oregon State just entered the portal. I hope UConn considers her. I don’t know much about her, but she’s a starter for a team that made the Elite 8, so wouldn’t be a bad option. I also think Raegan Beers entering could be coming soon with all of their other exits, especially after this newest player entering.

Reaction Score
I will miss Amari. I was happy she got some good NIL deals. Her TV commercial last year was fun.

She will always be a Husky to me!!

I hope she goes somewhere we can see her play and root for her!

Reaction Score
6’3 Forward Timea Gardiner out of Oregon State just entered the portal. I hope UConn considers her. I don’t know much about her, but she’s a starter for a team that made the Elite 8, so wouldn’t be a bad option. I also think Raegan Beers entering could be coming soon with all of their other exits, especially after this newest player entering.
She is really good! I watched her in several games this year. Good shooter and rebounder.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
An ode to Amari - I wrote down these thoughts quite a while ago, after reading about Amari’s passion for studying ASL. It’s all from the heart. I hope it makes sense.

This is the first season that I actually saw Amari outside of basketball. The articles and videos of her love and interest in learning ASL made me really think about her as a young adult, not just as a hoop player. The passion to follow her dream and study this subject is amazing and inspiring.

I started thinking about means to an end, went down the google rabbit hole, found an album with that title by an American band, Biohazard. Alas no, that’s not want I wanted. The continuum of means and ends was my real goal. As a HS student, basketball was a means to an end, to go to college, and figure out her next steps. Somewhere along the way, perhaps the passion for the sport was secondary to all of the doors that were opening for her, towards her future. After all, we’e heard many a UConn player say that Geno, Chris, and other coaches prepared them for life after college, regardless of whether or not they actually played professional basketball.

It’s probably happened to many of us - one day, we’re fervently passionate about a subject of study, a sport, a hobby, a music instrument, type of food, an automobile, and then the next? Poof! We’re less interested, or perhaps not at all. A person’s growth can be seen when they make a decision and move on from something that involved a significant part of their life, and no longer adds value for and to them. It’s not the end of the world, it’s just them deciding what they want to do for this phase of “when I grow up.”

Playing basketball for UConn is an amazing opportunity, however it comes with high expectations, significant pressure and obligations. It’s not for everyone. Wherever Amari goes, I will root for her successes. She’ll always be part of the UConn family. #bleedblue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom