Amari in Transfer Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amari in Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really liked her as a person, and I loved reading about her teammates gushed about her intellect and humor. Sadly, like so many other Yarders, kept waiting for her BB skills to really blossom and flourish. It didn't happen here of course, but I'd love for her to fnd a spot somewhere where she really takes flight. All the very best Amari.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I echo the "bummer but expected" comments. I loved Amari on the team. She was a great teammate and cheerleader from the bench. I really hope she's able to land somewhere she feels will be a good fit for her and that she has some good success there. I really did love everything about the kid from a "teammate" perspective.

Reaction Score
A good move for Amari who would have not seen more minutes this season then the previous years. Many of the Big East teams could use a 6-6 center...St. John's?
For UConn it opens the door to get 1 of 2 needs which it seems UConn have: an experienced PG to share time with KK (Chen?), or an experienced Center to share time with Yana,

Reaction Score
She seemed to be very popular with her teammates off the court but for some reason never clicked on the court. And that's okay, it happens. I wish her the best of luck moving forward and hope she is able to find success elsewhere. :)

Reaction Score
All the best for her and her family. Does this mean that there will be another spot in the roster?

Reaction Score
I think this is a win-win situation for UConn and Amari. I could always see her potential, but sadly I don’t think she was given a chance to develop. Wonder where she’ll end up! Wherever it is, I hope she can get meaningful playing time!
I don’t think she was given a chance to develop. I don't view it as a win for either UConn or Ms. DeBerry. Both will move on, but I think Geno and she both wish the outcome was different. I've watched her for three years on the bench and she either loved her teammates or she was the best actress I've ever seen. From Geno's perspective, you just don't see many 6'6" players with her potential. I think she had every chance to contribute, especially this year as the team lacked inside size. I'd be surprised if CD and Jamelle didn't closely work with her. I hope that she finds a school that will help her reach her career goals and where she can continue to be a great teammate.

Reaction Score
Didn't Amari have health issues during her time here? That could be the biggest factor for her lack of development. Hard to improve when you're limited physically. In any case, we thank her for her contributions to the program, and wish her well in her future endeavors in life.

Reaction Score
Didn't Amari have health issues during her time here? That could be the biggest factor for her lack of development. Hard to improve when you're limited physically. In any case, we thank her for her contributions to the program, and wish her well in her future endeavors in life.

She did have some physical issues, but also mental. She had made that known.

Reaction Score
The very best of luck to Amari. I hope she finds a program that will suit her needs and skills. Wish she could have reached her potential at UConn, but life happens. Sometimes. no matter what your skills are or how much of a good person you are, sometimes things just don't work out. I sincerely hope she can resolve any issues she may have and achieve success in the future.

Reaction Score
A good move for Amari who would have not seen more minutes this season then the previous years. Many of the Big East teams could use a 6-6 center...St. John's?
For UConn it opens the door to get 1 of 2 needs which it seems UConn have: an experienced PG to share time with KK (Chen?), or an experienced Center to share time with Yana,
Why do you think we need an "experienced" PG when we have KK, a player who started over 30 games and showed she is the real deal? Not to mention, we still have PB. Your comment, while perhaps innocent, was disingenuous to KK considering she was thrown into the fire but did not burn. KK had arguably a better freshman year than Crystal and Moriah. We are fine at PG for the next 3 years!

Reaction Score
Amari is a perfect example of a sports scholarship student who utilized every facet of a college education. Although her UCONN basketball career fell short, Amari embraced the campus lifestyle while pursuing an education in a worthy field of sign language.
I'm sure she will regard her tenure at UCONN as a positive, rewarding experience.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why do you think we need an "experienced" PG when we have KK, a player who started over 30 games and showed she is the real deal? Not to mention, we still have PB. Your comment, while perhaps innocent, was disingenuous to KK considering she was thrown into the fire but did not burn. KK had arguably a better freshman year than Crystal and Moriah. We are fine at PG for the next 3 years!
@dtbtbtb meant no offense to KK. In a previous thread, there was discussion that next year’s team will be very young so bringing in a grad student that’s “been there“ can help keep the team settled down in tight situations, the way Dorka and Lou brought calm demeanors with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom