Amari & Dorka: “Goggles” | The Boneyard

Amari & Dorka: “Goggles”

Reaction Score
Geno’s comments in the presser about Amari were really interesting. When asked how he felt about her game tonight, he had a long hesitation. Then said something like - we got to see what she can do and what she doesn’t do well. She needs to be tougher and more aggressive. If she did that, along with more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff, she’d play more minutes.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
On certain plays last night, when Amari didn't hesitate, and just "played", she made some good decisions. IMHO, it looks like when she has too much time and too many options (same with Aubrey's 3 pt shooting), she freezes and can't decide what to do. I'm ok with some of her "mistakes" as her growth will come in real PT in games.

Reaction Score
On certain plays last night, when Amari didn't hesitate, and just "played", she made some good decisions. IMHO, it looks like when she has too much time and too many options (same with Aubrey's 3 pt shooting), she freezes and can't decide what to do. I'm ok with some of her "mistakes" as her growth will come in real PT in games.
Her pass from the floor was a great example of “just playing”; a much better sign for her IMO than just providing an interesting highlight.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno’s comments in the presser about Amari were really interesting. When asked how he felt about her game tonight, he had a long hesitation. Then said something like - we got to see what she can do and what she doesn’t do well. She needs to be tougher and more aggressive. If she did that, along with more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff, she’d play more minutes.
She doesn't seem to have that "I want to be great" drive yet or rather "I'll do what it takes to be great" drive. Hopefully it comes. She's got a lot of potential there.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
*Warning-criticism of Geno------To me, game speed can only be attained by playing in games so to sit even when a game is decidedly at hand serves no development purpose. Yes, we all know that Geno wants to reward playing time by effort in practice, but I also have to say by having Men's practice players, the repetitions to get offensive and defensive assignments and understanding become limited as she simply is not on the floor enough to get repetitions even in practice. By being forced into action, we can see the development right before our eyes. We are all rooting for Amari and we hope we continue to see this evolution. What is known is what a happy, upbeat and great teammate she is. I just hope Geno continues to use her.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
She doesn't seem to have that "I want to be great" drive yet or rather "I'll do what it takes to be great" drive. Hopefully it comes. She's got a lot of potential there.
if she doesn't aspire to be good/great, she will have these 12 players ahead of her next year:
- Griffin
- Edwards
- Bueckers
- Muhl
- Ducharme
- Fudd
- Patterson
- Brady
- Arnold
- Shade
- Samuels
- El Alfy

Given that scenario, does anyone seriously think she will get more minutes next year than this.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Juhász gave her teammate an interesting challenge. At some point during the postgame media availability, DeBerry had to slip the word 'goggles' into a sentence."
DeBerry: "I mean, we have 29 assists on 39 points so everyone had their goggles on tonight." "To support the word sneak, Juhász cupped her hands around her eyes to signify the goggles."

Reaction Score
They need to find a duck to drop down from the ceiling the next time they play this game.
"say the magic word and win 50 dollars"! Groucho in the Afternoon with George F.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t think she’s weak, I think she’s tentative. Dorka isn’t exactly bulging with muscles and neither is Amari because that’s their body type. They are ectomorphs.

Reaction Score
Amari was moving backward toward the basket when she tripped over the foot of the SH player and fell backwards. There was no "minor arm movement from the SH player" that put her to the floor. She was tripped... probably accidentally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom