Alternate Helmet Released | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alternate Helmet Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
These look sick. However the metallic logo won't look great on camera, I believe.

Reaction Score
Nice, that's big time right there. The way of the world for you old fogey's like me and what kids love.

Reaction Score
I think the silver husky logo would look better with a blue helmet/grey facemask but I'm over 50 so...you know. Our new logo that's bigger on the helmet along the same lines as the helmet one of the yarders put up with the old happy husky would about do it.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Yup...the entire uni helmet alternate look is dope. We are finally getting it. Message to the conservatives on this board - get used to this.
I was about to go to bed since I'm over 50, yawn, but just had to use my last bit of strength to respond to this thread before I nodded off :rolleyes:. I also like the new unis, mostly because I think the players will love them. But as someone who's seen a few cool fashion fads come and go since the days of Ike and JFK (blue suede shoes, Naru collars, bell bottoms, Mexican wedding shirts, grunge, gangsta, etc), here's a message back to the not-so-conservatives ;): sizzle may sell for a awhile, but it takes a great product to keep your customers coming back - - - it brings to my mind Wrangler jeans, black leather jackets, button down Oxford shirts, khaki pants, Converse high tops, Brooks Brothers penny loafers, Sperry Topsiders. Timeless. But what do I know? My old brain is wandering now, losing focus on the topic as it shuts down for the night, that is until I wake up in 4 hours and grope my way to the head . . . :D

Reaction Score
the chrome face mask might hinder receivers catching the ball in the sun

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Do I see chrome?! Yeah! finally a little touch of Oregon , maybe now we play like them

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I foresee a "Gray-out" on 10/30.
Gonna be sweet to smash the Pirates in these.

Reaction Score
Go to their twitter page and scroll down and read all the comments by Danny.

Remind you of anyone who posts on here? (No cost mobile device is your hint) :rolleyes:

My first thought when I read this was ..... "Trac phone"???? :D

Reaction Score
I am honestly surprised at all the positive comments. But I have a theory...they released this after 9pm when the frescooters of the world were in bed ;)

They look great....nicely done!
might he be a conservative?

Reaction Score
Perfect night for Mikal Myers to make some big plays in the backfield... Get that Halloween theme music playing in the background

Reaction Score
Perfect night for Mikal Myers to make some big plays in the backfield... Get that Halloween theme music playing in the background

Reaction Score

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was about to go to bed since I'm over 50, yawn, but just had to use my last bit of strength to respond to this thread before I nodded off :rolleyes:. I also like the new unis, mostly because I think the players will love them. But as someone who's seen a few cool fashion fads come and go since the days of Ike and JFK (blue suede shoes, Naru collars, bell bottoms, Mexican wedding shirts, grunge, gangsta, etc), here's a message back to the not-so-conservatives ;): sizzle may sell for a awhile, but it takes a great product to keep your customers coming back - - - it brings to my mind Wrangler jeans, black leather jackets, button down Oxford shirts, khaki pants, Converse high tops, Brooks Brothers penny loafers, Sperry Topsiders. Timeless. But what do I know? My old brain is wandering now, losing focus on the topic as it shuts down for the night, that is until I wake up in 4 hours and grope my way to the head . . . :D

For clarification....being an "old fogey" or "fuddy duddy" is about attitude and not age.

....Wrangler jeans are timeless?

Reaction Score

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!! Play the Halloween theme music every time Myers gets a sack!!!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
For clarification....being an "old fogey" or "fuddy duddy" is about attitude and not age.

....Wrangler jeans are timeless?
Well, here in Texas they are. ;)

Reaction Score
Honest opinion - still too much red in the overall uniforms now (especially the face masks), but these alternates are really nice. Matte grey helmets with chrome logo, facemask and stripes. Very sharp. Now we're getting into Oregon territory with this look. For those who like the conservative look for the main unis (I do), the point of alternates is to have a flashier, abstract look, and these hit the mark.

Nicely done, and yes, the players & recruits will love them, and that's what matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The puppy dog late 80's - early 90's look ain't comin back bro.. That was our era when were on campus... way back when... but some concepts on this helmet I do like that why should consider incorporating in the not so distant future season's to come (God willing)...
Reread my post. See where it says "same idea with the new dog?" It is not about the logo but the design. The alt helmet design loses the dog. It's too small and using chrome for the blue elements makes it disappear on a gray helmet. Should be bigger and use chrome to replace the white elements.

Finally having an alternative unit at all and is step forward but a few tweaks would make it much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom