Alternate Helmet Released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alternate Helmet Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I hate them, but I am over 50 so I don't count. If the kids like them, so be it.
I think the silver husky logo would look better with a blue helmet/grey facemask but I'm over 50 so...you know. Our new logo that's bigger on the helmet along the same lines as the helmet one of the yarders put up with the old happy husky would about do it.
Hey, if these are the only types of semi negative posts, then you know they did a great job on the design.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey, if these are the only types of semi negative posts, then you know they did a great job on the design.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how it plays here. If the players (and potential recruits) like it, it's all good.

Reaction Score
BAD-AS-H-H-H! Uni color, helmet logo, red facemask, its all-good to me!

Reaction Score

I like the alternates much better in this picture... And note the blue facemark... Very sharp

These look really good in this pic. And the blue facemask for the road unis is a nice touch. Good job overall.

Reaction Score
Slick, the red facemask looks good on the helmet. Don't use the red mask on the primary helmet.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I kinda wish they're was a navy helmet in there somewhere tho... The road uni is so plain with the white, on white, on white.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
JUST ANNOUNCED!

First game is a BLUE/WHITE/RED/GREY/SILVER/CHROME-out!*

* Green/Brown/Yellow/Taupe/Mauve/Purple are acceptable if you show up after kickofff

Reaction Score
The new uni is sweet and unique look. About time ! Just wished the alternate jersey was the primary jersey. Two thumbs up!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I kinda wish they're was a navy helmet in there somewhere tho... The road uni is so plain with the white, on white, on white.

I'd rather the white jersey always went with navy pants and vice versa. I just don't like the single color unis no matter who wears them.

Alternate looks cool. Love the helmet.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't like UConn wearing grey as a primary color because to me it looks pretty bland.

The gray coupled with the red, I'm especially not a fan... very Rutgers like with their new chrome and red set.

That all being said, any alt uniform the players seem to like and was over due, just wish it was blue/chrome.

I hate the solid blue, gray uniforms too.

Blue top, white bottoms, white helmet/blue facemask would be my top choice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
White Dog Returns!

Reaction Score
I'll play the old foggy game and say I can't understand why anyone thinks we should change the schools colors.
It is a proven fact that most recruits are won over by a coaching staff and not the colors of the uniform.
It is just my opinion but if the color or bling of the uniform is a players deciding factor then the IQ may not fit our needs.
I will continue to support the team no matter what they wear, I just cannot figure out why we let what little tradition we had go. That being our smiling Johnathan and the block C.
We need gray uniforms like we need a new mascot with stretched ear lobes, a bone in his nose and a piercing in his tongue.
I could be wrong, I was once but then again I am old...No matter the uni GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score

I like the alternates much better in this picture... And note the blue facemark... Very sharp

If they replaced the red elements with grey in the blue theme and maybe added some grey or blue socks, the grey helmet could work there. White looking plain next to the other 2.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll play the old foggy game and say I can't understand why anyone thinks we should change the schools colors.
It is a proven fact that most recruits are won over by a coaching staff and not the colors of the uniform.
It is just my opinion but if the color or bling of the uniform is a players deciding factor then the IQ may not fit our needs.
I will continue to support the team no matter what they wear, I just cannot figure out why we let what little tradition we had go. That being our smiling Johnathan and the block C.
We need gray uniforms like we need a new mascot with stretched ear lobes, a bone in his nose and a piercing in his tongue.
I could be wrong, I was once but then again I am old...No matter the uni GO HUSKIES!!!

I get it, but this is the norm now. The Celtics play in grey rather than green or white, in their alts. Find a uniform tradition much older than that. It's true across many major sports, college and pro. Teams have special alternate jerseys and in most cases those are grey plus the primary uniform colors.

Honestly, my preference would be to use those grey pants with the blue tops as well and use blue pants with the grey tops. But it looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom