Alterique update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I hope he isn't thinking of transferring.
Wut? He's probably considering the fact that he won't stay in college for four more years, so it might make sense to try to be available in the post-season.

Reaction Score
Wut? He's probably considering the fact that he won't stay in college for four more years, so it might make sense to try to be available in the post-season.

First off, Gilbert will be lucky to be ready for the summer circuit. Secondly, there is ZERO chance this team makes the tournament.

Reaction Score
In other news, a doctor reported that a surgery performed on an athlete was unsuccessful...said no doctor ever.
Seriously unless a patient codes during the procedure no surgery is ever reported as complicated

Reaction Score
You only have to win a few games in a row to make the tournament... Anyone who thinks this team couldn't do that in the AAC should get an award for pessimism.

Agree, although the odds will weigh heavily against our kids the league isn't good enough or top heavy enough to think it's impossible. Short bench in 4 or so straight days hurts too but the Huskies have beaten the odds before.

Reaction Score
Agree, although the odds will weigh heavily against our kids the league isn't good enough or top heavy enough to think it's impossible. Short bench in 4 or so straight days hurts too but the Huskies have beaten the odds before.
Four straight days? You think we're finishing in the bottom four of the league?

Reaction Score
To me this is the biggest thing in league play this year. We need to finish in the Top 5 of the American. 4 games in 4 days with 8 players is going to be brutal. We saw what happened two years ago when we had to play SMU. And the turn arounds are tough in the conference tournament (playing at 9:30 p.m. Friday night and then turning around playing at 5:30). 3 games in 3 days in Harford...i'll take my chances. 4 games is a lot to ask for.

Reaction Score
speaking of 8 players, anyone else surprised we haven't seen Foxen on the court other than garbage time? I don't think he's a star, but I thought I remember them putting him out there as a freshman a few times, so with Larrier going down I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen even 2 minutes of him to give someone else a breather or waste a foul or something.

Also, I read that Gilbert had a labrum repaired, which I've had done, and I had to be in a sling for 6-8 weeks before starting PT. I had next to no muscle in there, while Gilbert is a manchild in that dept so it likely makes it a more painful recovery but a quicker return to full strength. That being said, we don't need him reinjuring anything this year, I want 3 solid years of him and Vital giving other teams fits

Reaction Score
I believe that I read that the operation was more than just the labrum repair but also included tightening up the muscles. This would make sense as it appears that the tear was caused by the shoulder being dislocated a couple of times. Ricky Moore had that procedure done after his dislocation in the NCAA's and he never had a problem again.

If he had the more extensive surgery then the recovery time is much longer than a labrum tear. I would guess six months of rehab and another 3 months before full strength and probably a year to feel 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom