Alterique update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I anticipate Larrier will be doing the same as well. This year will be tough but guys will develop who likely wouldn't have and that will only make us stronger next year. Vital/Jackson/Durham will be forced to play and get better and you could argue with the talent coming next year none of them will start.
2017-18 Lineup
1. Alterique
2. Adams
3. Hami (or Vance if Hami goes UK)
4. Larrier
5. Enoch (please learn how to play defense)
Bench: Vance, Vital, Durham, Diarra, Makai, Polley, Carlton
I disagree on Larrier. There's virtually 0 chance he would stay another 3 years before leaving for the NBA so there's less downside for him waiting out the injury to see if he can come back later this year. But that's just my opinion

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Ollie, "Gilbert is a game time decision against Oklahoma State."
Yeah I thought of Ollie's quote immediately after seeing this thread. Not sure how anyone can ignore/rationalize the chasm between "gametime decision" versus "season ending redshirt". It's worrying to say the least...

Reaction Score
I disagree on Larrier. There's virtually 0 chance he would stay another 3 years before leaving for the NBA so there's less downside for him waiting out the injury to see if he can come back later this year. But that's just my opinion
I mean if he tore his ACL there's not much he can do but return...

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Losing two of our best three players 4 games into the season is brutal.

Reaction Score
Yeah I thought of Ollie's quote immediately after seeing this thread. Not sure how anyone can ignore/rationalize the chasm between "gametime decision" versus "season ending redshirt". It's worrying to say the least...

Not worrying at all. Happens all the time. You want Oklahoma St guessing.

The ballhandling will now suffer incredibly.

Reaction Score

Larrier used his redshirt sitting out his transfer year. He will only have two years of eligibility left after this one even if he can't play any more.

Gilbert could stop playing now and still have four years of eligibility left.

Reaction Score
Larrier used his redshirt sitting out his transfer year. He will only have two years of eligibility left after this one even if he can't play any more.

Gilbert could stop playing now and still have four years of eligibility left.

I believe he could get another, Jefferson I think is on his 6th at Duke or am I wrong on that? Someone did get 6.

Reaction Score
I believe he could get another, Jefferson I think is on his 6th at Duke or am I wrong on that? Someone did get 6.

You can get a 6th if you lost 2 of your 5 to injury. But if you take your redshirt for a transfer or just sitting out to improve, you don't get a 6th when you then lose a different year to injury.

Reaction Score
You can get a 6th if you lost 2 of your 5 to injury. But if you take your redshirt for a transfer or just sitting out to improve, you don't get a 6th when you then lose a different year to injury.

Thanks too bad for Terry but that may be all he needs to get to the league anyway if he's healthy enough.

Reaction Score
Not worrying at all. Happens all the time. You want Oklahoma St guessing.

The ballhandling will now suffer incredibly.
It was an absolutely ridiculous thing for Ollie to say, his coaching and some of the weird things he's said lately have me wondering about him.

Reaction Score
Well this is officially Jalen's team now. Personally I like the ball in his hands on the offensive end as much as possible. His athleticism, unpredictability and court vision is what's finally had the team figure it out on the offensive end and put some points on the board. Now we just have to figure it out on the defensive end..
It's fine now playing Wagner NEU and Chaminade but over the course of the season D1 teams with some actual talent will figure him out and prevent him from going off like he did in Maui. Hell, we may jusst see him re-humbled tonight. Hopefully by then Larrier and Diarra are getting ready to return, Juawn has got his feet wet enough, Rodney has shaken off the rust, and Vance stays confident and continues shooting well.

Reaction Score
It was an absolutely ridiculous thing for Ollie to say, his coaching and some of the weird things he's said lately have me wondering about him.

So, is it ridiculous for other coaches and long winning resumes to say it too? It's a common thing. Calhoun used to do it.

Reaction Score
So, is it ridiculous for other coaches and long winning resumes to say it too? It's a common thing. Calhoun used to do it.
Calhoun used to say a player is a game time decision when they were going to be out for the next 35 games?

Reaction Score
The calculus was - and is - whether he's going to play through it or get surgery, so Ollie's comments are not nearly as odd as you're making it seem.
Come on, we all knew he was out for a long period of time if not the whole season.

Reaction Score
sprained mcl or acl is 2-4 week recovery process which is not bad. really don't like that it was a non contact injury, hopefully he adjusts his playstyle and removes those dangerous hop steps/travels.
It's neither dangerous, nor a travel. Unless you consider jumping, running, cutting, and stopping dangerous.

Reaction Score
It's fine now playing Wagner NEU and Chaminade but over the course of the season D1 teams with some actual talent will figure him out and prevent him from going off like he did in Maui. Hell, we may jusst see him re-humbled tonight. Hopefully by then Larrier and Diarra are getting ready to return, Juawn has got his feet wet enough, Rodney has shaken off the rust, and Vance stays confident and continues shooting well.

Does Oklahoma State not have talent? Adams scored 30 in a half, hitting all sorts of shots.

Rodney scored 20 points on back to back nights, including 7-14 from three point range. He's still rusty?

We should be wishing anyone on this team humbled. That already happened with the first 2 games. We lacked a go-to-guy. We should be hoping Adams keeps going off like he has.

Reaction Score
Calhoun used to say a player is a game time decision when they were going to be out for the next 35 games?

He used to obscure injuries all the time. What is wrong with it? Coaches do this in all sports? What is the problem with it?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He used to obscure injuries all the time. What is wrong with it? Coaches do this in all sports? What is the problem with it?

The problem is that Ollie lost to Wagner and Northeastern, and as a result people are taking out their frustrations by jumping on him for things that aren't big deals at all.

Reaction Score
Does Oklahoma State not have talent? Adams scored 30 in a half, hitting all sorts of shots. Especially against a D2 team

Rodney scored 20 points on back to back nights, including 7-14 from three point range. He's still rusty?
Yeah, and they forced him to commit 11 turnovers.

Rodney is still rusty until he stops starting 0-5 from three and missing easy layups. Especially against a D2 team.

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
These injuries are going to do wonders for Jackson and Vital. Those 2 kids are going to knock a TON of 3s down for UConn before they graduate.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things but we had people on here wondering if Alterique would play against Okie State which is absurd. I love Ollie but it seems like a bit of a pattern with weird coaching decisions and weird things he said to the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom