Alterique transferring (again) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alterique transferring (again)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't disagree. But think of it like him. 24 hanging with a bunch of 18-19 years old? He might want to get his life going. You really want to be under the thumb of a coach at that age? I would have went nuts. I was a professional and had my own rent and got married at 24. All his peers and friends are kind of in the world as adults.
Maybe he doesn't think like you. Maybe he sees his best opportunities for his future as college bb right now and he has the discipline to see it through for one more year. He can get a masters and have possibilities either as a player or coach or other sports management type career. We have all seen the type of player who was described as like having a coach on the floor. I give the young man a lot of credit. A lot of other players would have crumbled under the challenges he has faced. He keeps suiting up and showing up.
No quit AG. Finisher.

Reaction Score
That was the 80s they wanted all the American players they could get. Now the talent level in Europe is much better and the pay isn't as lucrative for every American ball player. Some might only make 60 - 75k and that's nothing when they have a family to take care of back home and are away from their family for 6 months its not as glamorous as people think
Yea I wasn’t even gunna respond, I don’t think he understood what I was sayin

Reaction Score
Maybe he doesn't think like you. Maybe he sees his best opportunities for his future as college bb right now and he has the discipline to see it through for one more year. He can get a masters and have possibilities either as a player or coach or other sports management type career. We have all seen the type of player who was described as like having a coach on the floor. I give the young man a lot of credit. A lot of other players would have crumbled under the challenges he has faced. He keeps suiting up and showing up.
No quit AG. Finisher.

Maybe he does. It certainly is an option for him which is why he is in transfer portal.

But this is a longtime to be playing college hoops. 6th year players are rare. He could make a case for a 7th year 2.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Tell me about all the easy jobs there are out there that are are in the 6 figures that are available without connections or real hard work. No question AG has character and is not afraid of hard work or any other challenge. College and party life does end in the real world. We've seen in sports what happens when people can't adjust to life after college and think life is one big party/joy ride. I knew someone from Uconn who spent at least 6 years in Europe playing and making more than $200 k a year back in the 80's. That's more than a million $ in six years. Said the pay and fans were great and helped get him set up for life. He took advantage of opportunities when he chose Uconn and continued doing so in life after college.

If you want your dreams to come true it is necessary to wake up.

No. I was an undergrad at UConn for 7 years and I still feel like a college kid at 35. It should never end. Hang on to that college mindset as long as possible. It keeps you young.

Reaction Score
Key word is PLAYED, and Phil Nolan from the NATIONAL CHAMPION UCONN HUSKIES would actually sound good to some of the lower tier European teams like the one he played for out of Denmark. But thanks for proving my point LOL

I honestly don't have the faintest idea what point you think I proved. I could have used my friend's little brother who was a decent player at Brown and played in Europe for 10 years as an example instead.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't have the faintest idea what point you think I proved. I could have used my friend's little brother who was a decent player at Brown and played in Europe for 10 years as an example instead.
Im not tryna argue with you my mans I respect ya insight and takes in here all I’m sayin is the people who suggest for kids to go play in Europe/overseas over another year in college don’t understand how tough it is and how it simply isn’t for everyone, that is all

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
No. I was an undergrad at UConn for 7 years and I still feel like a college kid at 35. It should never end. Hang on to that college mindset as long as possible. It keeps you young.
Your reply says it all.

Reaction Score
1619959117083.png

Juuusst kidding! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom