Alterique shoulder | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alterique shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
gilbert is going to be out a long long time, just listening to ollie post game and also what we saw on the floor. saying things like "he will get through this, whenever he gets back"

Reaction Score
This is the 3rd time (that we know of) that AG has had this injury. The first time when he was in HS, he did not have surgery and the second time (at the JBC) he did. From what I remember, his surgery was semi voluntary, in that he was would have healed in a month but the surgery was supposed to be more of a preventative so it didn't happen again. Lets just wait and see. I don't see anyways he plays in Maui but I am not yet resigned to him missing the entire season.

Reaction Score
Well the good thing is its not his shooting shoulder. Hate to see a kid keep getting injured. I really feel bad for the kids this season. Im sure Diarra,Durham and Gilbert want to be out there going at full speed but now simply cant. More so the first two but now AG is also a big ?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I thought Gilbert had surgery last year to address his shoulder issue once and for all. Didn't he?

Reaction Score
Do we even know if it is the shoulder that had surgery or the other one? It seems like most posts in this thread imply it is his surgically repaired that was injured.

Reaction Score
Do we even know if it is the shoulder that had surgery or the other one? It seems like most posts in this thread imply it is his surgically repaired that was injured.

The surgically repaired shoulder was confirmed.

Reaction Score
So I dislocated & subluxed my shoulder 5 times. I had surgery the after the 4th time, and I subluxed once after surgery. Since then I have been fine. If he definitely separated/dislocated his shoulder (they are two different things - with varying severity) it's definitely not good. Subluxing can be bad long term if it keeps happening but you actually feel fine after a week or two.

Reaction Score
I play Club Ultimate Frisbee which is the land of destroyed shoulders. Each time it happens it will be more likely to happen again, on the flip side it will get less and less painful. Agree that thank god its his left shoulder. He can most likely play soon, problem is at some point people realize the severe damage they are doing and have to seriously go under the knife and that is not a 1 month heal situation. I have seen people play where their shoulder keeps coming out and they don't care, "They are just happy to play" Also seen it so bad that my friends shoulder went out when he threw the disc. There is one big difference, these guys have elite doctors monitoring them 24/7, we had no such thing

Reaction Score
So I dislocated & subluxed my shoulder 5 times. I had surgery the after the 4th time, and I subluxed once after surgery. Since then I have been fine. If he definitely separated/dislocated his shoulder (they are two different things - with varying severity) it's definitely not good. But if it was a sublux he could go on to be fine for years and he could be playing in a week or two

From reports it looks like a dislocation, given that we've been told it was "popped back in". I've had a dislocation and opted not to have surgery and have had a subluxation after. Age is a major consideration in deciding whether to operate.

Reaction Score
think the key with shoulders injuries is PT, right? he has to keep strengthening the muscles there, and the dislocations will become less frequent.

i know it's spooky with the dislocation coming right after surgery, but i am choosing to look at a glass half-full here.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If Gilbert's done, it's tough to envision a scenario where this team accomplishes anything this season.

Between this, the Diarra injury, and Durham being further behind schedule than we'd hoped, it's really been the season from hell. It's hard to punt on a season when there is no draft and you owe it to your seniors to put the best product out there, but if this season continues to head in this direction, I wouldn't mind playing Enoch 25+ minutes in an effort to accelerate his growth, even if it means playing him alongside Brimah.
Enoch currently resides in the dog house BEHIND Ollie's dog house. I hope he gets more minutes too but it probably won't happen until Brimah gets in foul trouble. Which should be soon. In golf there is a saying after you make an ugly par which goes "there are no pictures on a scorecard". That's how I would describe the game last night.. We'll take it but it wasn't pretty.

Reaction Score
think the key with shoulders injuries is PT, right? he has to keep strengthening the muscles there, and the dislocations will become less frequent.

i know it's spooky with the dislocation coming right after surgery, but i am choosing to look at a glass half-full here.

It helps but it doesn't prevent it. I'm really surprised that he actually popped it out fully. That's not good at all, especially on a shoulder that was already repaired.

Reaction Score
ONE ... I guess the Boneyard post of when folks became UConn MBB fans is relevant at this moment. For some of you to throw up your hands and THREATEN to not renew your tickets, you. This Program ... This University ... needs a massive injection of enthusiasm; but, there really is not dire straights happening going on. We have talented kids. They need to develop. There is a lot of good basketball coming over these next few years.

When you have Enoch, Vital, Jackson, Durham on your bench all needing minutes to develop, you have something great to play for. I loved what I saw so far with Gilbert; I hope this is not either out for the season or a problem that will reoccur. Adams has looked better and has a ways to go. Larrier has looked great (at times). Brimah seems to be somewhat better against modest opposition.

The disappointment of the 3 games? Seniors Rodney Purvis and Kentan Facey. Purvis just has not looked confident or in rhythm; thus, I really think he is just a guy who can really help you when he feels he's got it. You cannot count on him as a leader or a "alpha". Super Sub him mid-January and you might see him go on a 5-7 game great run. Facey has the body now and some skills. That just doesn't translate into consistent play.

Many are jumping on Ollie. I won't. He works hard and can fit pieces together. He is still a young coach.

Reaction Score
I play Club Ultimate Frisbee which is the land of destroyed shoulders. Each time it happens it will be more likely to happen again, on the flip side it will get less and less painful. Agree that thank god its his left shoulder. He can most likely play soon, problem is at some point people realize the severe damage they are doing and have to seriously go under the knife and that is not a 1 month heal situation. I have seen people play where their shoulder keeps coming out and they don't care, "They are just happy to play" Also seen it so bad that my friends shoulder went out when he threw the disc. There is one big difference, these guys have elite doctors monitoring them 24/7, we had no such thing
Is that you Zags?

Reaction Score
You see, this was funny because Ricky Moore had similar shoulder issues his freshman year. Everyone here called him Rickety Moore because he couldn't stay healthy. Alterickety. Get it now?
"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."

E.B. White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22