Alterique and Wichita vs Houston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique and Wichita vs Houston

Reaction Score
I turned it on for a minute while channel surfing.

Play #1 someone on WSU tried to throw a backdoor alley to AG and threw it halfway up the lower level. Off by about 8'???

Next series AG was dribbling near halfcourt and had a teammate on other side. AG goes to pass and he wasn't expecting it??? Ball is just passed across the court out of bounds. No pressure from defense and no one from WSU touched it.

I knew I had seen this before.
Deja vu, as the saying goes.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Houston’s best player transfer mid-season? Forget his name...wiry, athletic, skilled

Reaction Score
Al with a few nice plays down the stretch- beautiful dropoff for a dunk and then a stop and start move to get a layup. Announcer called him the quickest player in the league.

Game was brutal to watch at times but I loved the physicality.

Reaction Score
Al was real good down the stretch on both ends. Was amazed they gave him the ball on the shot clock count down but he went Deep nice drive with a great ball fake to finish. Sasser might as well stayed down the other end when they went on offense Al locked him up.

Happy for Al and for Coach Brown.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind a 10 seed if we end up with Houston as our 2 seed.
Lmao... no way in hell Youstin gets above the 5 line imo. Selection comitee won't be that harsh and will have them as a 3/4 seed. Without that Texas Tech win they're on the bubble.
Nova game becomes even bigger. We need to win that to get further off the bub
Don't think we need to chalk that as a win to move off the 11 line.. but we would need to win the 4 other games if we drop Nova to get to that 10 line.

Reaction Score
Lmao... no way in hell Youstin gets above the 5 line imo. Selection comitee won't be that harsh and will have them as a 3/4 seed. Without that Texas Tech win they're on the bubble.

Don't think we need to chalk that as a win to move off the 11 line.. but we would need to win the 4 other games if we drop Nova to get to that 10 line.
If we lose to Nova and win the rest, we’d have gone 6-1 in our last 7 and 5-1 with Bouk. I think we’d be higher than a 10 seed. Beat nova and win out? All bets are off. I find some confidence in the fact that this time past year is when we started to peak and beat Houston. I think that might be the case again.

Reaction Score
If we lose to Nova and win the rest, we’d have gone 6-1 in our last 7 and 5-1 with Bouk. I think we’d be higher than a 10 seed. Beat nova and win out? All bets are off. I find some confidence in the fact that this time past year is when we started to peak and beat Houston. I think that might be the case again.
A little different this year because of the number of games played. At 15 games played they'd still be in mid-January last season. So I guess this year they'll start peaking around mid-March. Hmmm...

Reaction Score
The point is this is bad for us, not that the AAC is good.
Yep this exactly. I'm not saying that the AAC is better than the Big East, but I am saying that Wichita as the second best team in the AAC now has a very similar resume to us and will be a nuisance on the bubble if we don't handle our business.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Tried slumming in the old neighborhood to catch a few minutes of 'Rique, and came to the conclusion the either WS is better than advertised, or Houston used smoke and mirrors to get to 17/2.
I think were going to see allot of teams exposed in the tournament, covids made conference play the primary metric and Houston is running the conference, they have gotten anything since last year and they lost mills, no way this team makes it to the sweet 16, might be a good first round upset

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom