Alltime Uconn starting lineup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alltime Uconn starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feel Shabazz was a better PG than Kemba. Totally controlled our games in the NCAA. Has been clutch for us for two years and an important contributor in the 2011 team as well. Kemba was heart and got key buckets when we needed them, but I dont recall him totally controlling games like Shabazz did.

Then the question arises do I go with two PGs or a SG? I chose SG so my choices were Gorden and Allen. Again, going off my memory (which could be clouded) I just feel Gordon was a really consistent shooter in big games (e.g. Madison Square Gordon).

Thus Shabazz and Gordon in my back court. Think RIP, Donyell and Emeka can be pretty much penciled in for the other positions.

Reaction Score
Feel Shabazz was a better PG than Kemba. Totally controlled our games in the NCAA. Has been clutch for us for two years and an important contributor in the 2011 team as well. Kemba was heart and got key buckets when we needed them, but I dont recall him totally controlling games like Shabazz did.

Then the question arises do I go with two PGs or a SG? I chose SG so my choices were Gorden and Allen. Again, going off my memory (which could be clouded) I just feel Gordon was a really consistent shooter in big games (e.g. Madison Square Gordon).

Thus Shabazz and Gordon in my back court. Think RIP, Donyell and Emeka can be pretty much penciled in for the other positions.

2nd time you've done this and the other guy gets shredded for having Caron?

Reaction Score
2nd time you've done this and the other guy gets shredded for having Caron?

was just explaining my earlier post after people arguing that Shabazz should not be in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Based on since I've followed uconn basketball
1st team
Bazz
Kemba
El Amin
Rip
Okafor

2nd team
Boatright
Taliek
B.Gordon
Ray
Caron

:
:
:

thoughts?

Some players noticably missing:
Chris Smith
Cliff Robinson
Donyell Marshall
Donny Marshall
Toraino Walker
Nadav Henefeld
Doron Shefer
Rod Sellers

Reaction Score
He's the only UCONN player with 2 ring s and an MOP. No one has ever done that before him, you don't sit him for any other alum. And Caron over RIP? Really? YOU need to get a grip fella.

There is certainly an argument to be made for Shabazz over Kemba, but I just don't think it's this. If Shabazz had been the main guy on both teams, fine, but saying he's automatically better because both teams won? I think maybe this argument needs to be a little better thought out.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
No… Marcus Wil

I assume you just forgot about Donyell Marshall right?? Hands down the best statistical season of any Uconn player in history. 25, 9 and 3. If the guy didn't go out and smash hoe's and drink and smoke all night the night before the Sweet 16 game against Florida game we're in our first final 4 5 years earlier. Taliek Brown? Guy isn't even our 5th best pg ever… common?? Get out of here with this list.

Taliek Brown… all time uconn leader in assists… nuff said, so you get out of here.
Don't like it, make your own crappy list
Im not old enough to remember donyell marshall, cant you read?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1st Team
G - Shabazz Napier
G - Kemba Walker
G/F - Ray Allen
F - Donyell Marshall
C - Emeka Okafor

2nd Team
G - Wes Bialosuknia
G - Chris Smith
G/F - Rip Hamilton
F - Cliff Robinson
C - Hasheem Thabeet

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Any list that doesn't have Wes B and Toby K on the first 2 teams is suspect. Also Nadev belongs on one the 1st 5 teams. Even before my time what about Walt Dropo?

Reaction Score
Relax old man.
On another old man note Vin Yokabaskas the star of the first UConn NCAA tourney team passed way last last week. He did live long enough to watch his Huskies win a National Championship. I wooldn't mind going out the same way after maybe 6 or 7
I didn't follow UConn in 1950-51 so I don't remember him playing. I do know he scored 22 points in an NCAA game against St John's in MSG. At the height of NYC college BB. Check you list to see who else ever did that.
I do go back to Art Quimby who averaged 20 rebounds a game.
Without these guys,Worthy ,Toby,Wes,Tony Hanson, and a bunch more UConn doesn't get in the Big a East. So they should not be forgotten.

Reaction Score
No line-up without the Dove is a list that doesn't merit discussion ;)

Reaction Score
On another old man note Vin Yokabaskas the star of the first UConn NCAA tourney team passed way last last week. He did live long enough to watch his Huskies win a National Championship. I wooldn't mind going out the same way after maybe 6 or 7
I didn't follow UConn in 1950-51 so I don't remember him playing. I do know he scored 22 points in an NCAA game against St John's in MSG. At the height of NYC college BB. Check you list to see who else ever did that.
I do go back to Art Quimby who averaged 20 rebounds a game.
Without these guys,Worthy ,Toby,Wes,Tony Hanson, and a bunch more UConn doesn't get in the Big a East. So they should not be forgotten.

Not saying they should be forgotten but you can't really compare a 6'7 old timey white guy who was pulling down ~15 boards a game to a modern athlete playing modern ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom