Alltime Uconn starting lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alltime Uconn starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All great stuff. But any team has to have Rashad coming off the bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not your favorite players CT, the All Time team. No way can anyone take Jeff ahead of Donyell ever. And Bazz and Kemba were great but can't have both…………but that is much more realistic than Jeff over any of the list that includes Yell, Caron, Corny, Freeman, Cliffy…………love what he's done but didn't do it quite like any of those guys…………..

But like everyone said, man it's tough to pick all time as a Husky fan, nearly impossible to have everyone nearly on the same page.
I would have Jeff in there solely for being the bruiser. I think every team needs one, except the 2014 Nat'l Champs lol!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Napier
Walker
Hamilton
Donyell Marshall
Okafor

That lineup has 5 rings and 4 players who were the stars of their respective championship run.

Reaction Score
I would have Jeff in there solely for being the bruiser. I think every team needs one, except the 2014 Nat'l Champs lol!

I'll give you that but throw the bruiser out in a second for a 23 and 10 guy who is also the national defensive player of the year………no need to bruise anything but the other teams ego's with 'Yell out there!;)

Reaction Score
I think it's hard to even make a 10 man "First" team these days……

I will just plead the 5th and say I'm lucky to be a Husky fan!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll give you that but throw the bruiser out in a second for a 23 and 10 guy who is also the national defensive player of the year………no need to bruise anything but the other teams ego's with 'Yell out there!;)
I agree. And with your later post. Its so damn hard to make these teams because you always leave a good 50 guys out. Chances are those guys would be any old school's best player of all-time.

I don't want to say we're fortunate, because we make our own success.

Reaction Score
First Team
PG Kemba
SG Ray
SF Rip
PF Caron
C Okafor

Second Team
PG Bazz
SG Ben
SF Rudy
PF Nadav
C Cliffy

Reaction Score
The awesome thing about this is...you can pick any starting five you want, and I can pick a second team that would be competitive. That's called sustained excellence!

Reaction Score
I would love to see:

Shabazz, Allen, Caron, Adrien, Okafor vs Kemba, Gordon, Rip, Donyell, Thabeet

Would be a lot of fun.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
PG: Kemba- leadership and heart personified
SG: Ray- top 10 SG all time and IMO best shooter ever
SF: Caron- tough juice, decent shooting stroke and great athleticism
PF: Cliff- stretch four with great length
C: Emeka- Smart, athletic, great defender and good with back to the basket
6th Man- Rip Hamilton- great at running off screens, great midrange game

Ton of great players that have come through Storrs

Reaction Score
NO AJP in any of this? I think he's 3rd… just behind Kemba and Bazz and a notch above KEA. Might have been the all time greatest had he not had the medical and legal setbacks.

Reaction Score
I would love to see:

Shabazz, Allen, Caron, Adrien, Okafor vs Kemba, Gordon, Rip, Donyell, Thabeet

Would be a lot of fun.
Well in August at Mohegan Sun maybe you can!

Reaction Score
1. Bazz
2. Kemba
3. Rip
4. Okafor
5. Thabeet

how don't know how some of you guys have bazz the best husky ever out of the starting line up

Reaction Score
1. Bazz
2. Kemba
3. Rip
4. Okafor
5. Thabeet

how don't know how some of you guys have bazz the best husky ever out of the starting line up
Career vs. individual season. If he is the best Husky ever, that's certainly only on career level. No offense to him indended, because he had a great season, but Rip (99), Okafor (04), Donyell (94), Kemba (11), and Ray (95, 96), all had individual better seasons, IMO. And that's why, if I'm making a starting line up, I'm going with those four, with Bazz the first off the bench.

We won a title doing that, so I'm not too worried. ;)

Reaction Score
Career vs. individual season. If he is the best Husky ever, that's certainly only on career level. No offense to him indended, because he had a great season, but Rip (99), Okafor (04), Donyell (94), Kemba (11), and Ray (95, 96), all had individual better seasons, IMO. And that's why, if I'm making a starting line up, I'm going with those four, with Bazz the first off the bench.

I can't agree on that ray had better season then bazz? let's not forget that bazz lead the team in leadership, rebounding, points, assists, steals you name it and the only thing ray did was score.
And in IMO thats what seperates bazz and kemba from the rest..

Reaction Score
I can't agree on that ray had better season then bazz? let's not forget that bazz lead the team in leadership, rebounding, points, assists, steals you name it and the only thing ray did was score.
And in IMO thats what seperates bazz and kemba from the rest..
We'll just disagree on this. His 1996 team played at a fast pace (averaged 82.6 ppg), and yet held opponents to only 64.7 ppg--good for 33rd in the nation...not adjusting for pace. The team could play D, and that meant some of it fell on Ray. Was he a star on D? No.

But he averaged 23.4 ppg while shooting 47% from the field, and 46% from 3. Also, add in that he averaged 6.5 rebounds per game (second on the team) and 3.5 apg, despite playing next to Doron Sheffer. He was also second on the team in steals, right behind Sheffer. So he was first or second on the team in all those categories. That season is unreal.

He did have a better individual season than Shabazz...but I'll give Shabazz the better career with 2 titles to go with the first team AA.

Reaction Score
I know it was a different era but can you imagine if there was a 3 point line back when Wes Bialosuknia played for the Huskies
He was one of the best pure shooters the Huskies ever had. He lit up the old Fieldhouse and averaged 23.6 PPG without the 3 point line. He also played with Toby Kimball and I believe Bill Holowaty. Some great basketball back then in the Yankee Conference.

Reaction Score
This list was freaking hard before Kemba and Shabazz now holy dog , just have fun with it.

Reaction Score
1. Shabazz
2. Kemba
3. Caron
4. Donyell
5. Emeka

It seems absurd to leave out Ray and Rip, but Shabazz, Kemba, Caron, and Emeka are four of the best two-way players to ever come through this program, and at the four, I don't see how you can't have Donyell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom