Allie Ziebell article | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell article

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wanna thank Nan for her impeccable timing in posting these articles in an attempt to get folks away from the ledge, so to speak. I took my g-daughter to the Billie Eilish "concert" movie last night so missed all the posts about (waving arms around wildly) everything. This is what my browser tabs looked like this morning, pre-caffeine, and that's not counting the tabs that were already open.

1674918356240.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s from a few weeks ago - sorry if this has already been posted

One of the most impressive passages in the article was: “At first it was a little like, ‘OK, holy cow, what do I have to offer this kid?’” said Braunel. “You know because that’s your first thought going into it. But once you start working with her, you realize she wants to be coached, she wants to be pushed, and she wants to be challenged. She also likes to challenge herself." Braunel set a goal for his players to put up 10,000 shots during the summer. Allie Ziebell put up 100,000, and does every summer. A great way to develop muscle memory.

Someone else recently said the same thing................Aaliyah Edwards. On why she chose to come to Storrs......she said......"it's UConn, and I want to be coached hard. I want to be the best." Sounds like Geno has done it again. A true "gym rat" that likes to work and wants to be the absolute best she can be. So she chose to come to the basketball factory where champions are made. :cool:

Thanks Nan, a good read. Looking forward to watching Allie play.

Reaction Score
One of the most impressive passages in the article was: “At first it was a little like, ‘OK, holy cow, what do I have to offer this kid?’” said Braunel. “You know because that’s your first thought going into it. But once you start working with her, you realize she wants to be coached, she wants to be pushed, and she wants to be challenged. She also likes to challenge herself." Braunel set a goal for his players to put up 10,000 shots during the summer. Allie Ziebell put up 100,000, and does every summer. A great way to develop muscle memory.

Someone else recently said the same thing................Aaliyah Edwards. On why she chose to come to Storrs......she said......"it's UConn, and I want to be coached hard. I want to be the best." Sounds like Geno has done it again. A true "gym rat" that likes to work and wants to be the absolute best she can be. So she chose to come to the basketball factory where champions are made. :cool:

Thanks Nan, a good read. Looking forward to watching Allie play.
this post had me thinking back to Katie Lou... from California, and both sisters went to Stanford. But Lou said something to the effect of, "I want to be the best I can be. And to do that, I need to go to Connecticut."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting!
My favorite part was the last paragraph:
“Now the work really begins,” he said. “I mean, she has the honor to, in my opinion, to try to please one of the greatest coaches and one of the greatest staffs to ever do it. They’re on the Mount Rushmore of coaches. She has the honor of trying to go every day in practice to try to please them. And I think that is a heck of an honor. And a heck of an opportunity.”

I can already imagine the first phone call to her dad:
Allie: 'Dad, he's so mean to me. He yelled at me!'
Dad: 'Ok, so what did you do wrong? You need to suck it up and get it right! Do you realize what an honor it is to be yelled at by that man?'
:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom