Alleyne | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alleyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sumthin, sumthin, 'head ain't right,' sumthin.....
until now, like this week, his record shows that he has started in 92 of the 99 games he has played. some of us wondered early why he was getting so many minutes, eye test an all that, but giving danny the benefit of doubt, i guessed danny was legitimately trying to figger out who this guy is, and what, exactly, he could do for us.
the starting stuff is over, and whatever make believe on his 3 ball ability (not supported by the record, ok, but not special) preceded him, there also now is limited opportunity for him to come in and just jack. others are better. also, nothing in that record for boards, dimes, etc. not at all good for gettin buckets with a career 39% for 2's. forget the drive, forget the closer in j, forget all that cuz it's not in his record.
ur darn tootin his head is in a bad place, realizing the dreams of nba are now, au revoir, over.
enlightenment.
hopefully, the light will go off in his head to want to be part of something possibly special, and do whatever is needed to win ball games. team first an all that.
currently, va techs top 3 jackers, interestingly all at almost the same amount of shots (around 42 each) are doing it at 37%, 42%, and 43%.
no room at the inn.
all that is reasonably left, other than some reasonably expected bright moments, is 'injury insurance,' which is important cuz injuries, as always, are part of the game.
and oh, im not 'reasonably comfortable' with our backcourt backups as all i've seen so far is that joey can make shots, and hassan will hustle.
good thing ajax is here to help muddle thru iffn tris has to take a vacay for an injury. newt is gooooood.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t put them in the same sentence/conversation right now
Welp, it is true my fellow yarder! Tristan comes with higher expectations then Allenye. TN started and lead his team in scoring and is our point so we do need consistency. Alleyne was a barely a started and didn't shoot well at VT. Had AJ never gotten hurt, NA wouldn't have started for Uconn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Why? Because he made a 30foot buzzer beater?

We need Alleyne to get his confidence going he’s a proven scorer off an ACC bench. No doubt we can use that coming off ours.
'off an ACC bench.'
just making stuff up now? see, 'started 92 of 99' previous. last season, around 32 minutes per.

Reaction Score
'off an ACC bench.'
just making stuff up now? see, 'started 92 of 99' previous. last season, around 32 minutes per.

Ok starting on an ACC team. I never watched Va Tech from the start so I was unaware he was a starter hence not making things up Cliffy;)

Reaction Score
what I saw happen is first few games he was playing a little selfish and wasn’t catching fire, then I think (obv don’t know) was told to look to pass more and is now a little timid / not playing naturally. He’ll be fine as season goes on

Reaction Score
Where do you get the idea that his “head isn’t right”?
From the fact that he's shooting 23% from three through a third of our season and generally speaking hasn't even been able to even catch the ball cleanly the past 4-5 games let alone be a productive player.

For a 4th year ACC caliber starter - this is not going as he'd hoped so far. And as far as I know he is not injured or otherwise struggling physically so it must be a challenge with mentally picking up a new system/style/teammates etc. Mental not physical.

Reaction Score
Mid-range is a terrible shot. No coach in their right mind is going to tell him to take a mid-range shot to open up his game in 2022.
Too general a statement?

Some players can make a mid-range shot, and if Alleyne is one of them then he should stop looking for the three and take the mid-range.

Reaction Score
Too general a statement?

Some players can make a mid-range shot, and if Alleyne is one of them then he should stop looking for the three and take the mid-range.
He's shooting 27.6% this season on mid-range shots and shot 38.4% on mid-range shots in 3 years at Virginia Tech. He is not one of them

Reaction Score
He's shooting 27.6% this season on mid-range shots and shot 38.4% on mid-range shots in 3 years at Virginia Tech. He is not one of them
Well…all right then. Is he just a bad shooter overall? What was his 3pt % at VTech?

I thought he was brought in because he was an above average shooter?

Reaction Score
Well…all right then. Is he just a bad shooter overall? What was his 3pt % at VTech?

Really good 3 point shooter at VT, shot 38.7% on 4.4 attempts per game. But was really streaky so I expect him to get on a run soon where he gets hot from 3

Reaction Score

He averaged over 38% from 3 at VaTech with a 40 year 2. 38.9 last year kid can make then we need him to find it. He’s better than what we’re seeing and he’s a physical good defender

Reaction Score
IMO..What Alleyne currently brings to the table- in the minutes he's given- is defense and providing secondary ballhandling when needed. Would it be great if he was hitting his historical VT percentages? Sure.. Who do you want to sit to keep him on the floor so that he can find his shot in the flow of our offense? Andre?. No. Hawk? No. Tristen? No. Karaban? No.. Joey C? .. No.. The challenge of having depth ... A good thing.

Just got to find his role and excel at it. It will be different with Huskies than with VT.. Different rosters-different players-different needs. He'll figure it out.

Reaction Score
At this point, just hoping he can be a Lasan Kromah. Play good D, hit a spot up 3 here or there, and don’t hurt us while you’re on the floor by thinking you’re more than you are. Kromah was a role player, but was out on the floor at the end of the national championship, playing D and hitting two big free throws.

That probably wasn’t the role he had in mind when he transferred, but we have that blue collar niche he can fill, saving legs and energy for our other 2s and 3s. Jackson is a good wing defender, but spends a lot of energy on the floor and can get in foul trouble. Hawkins you’d like to keep fresh for offense.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
He averaged over 38% from 3 at VaTech with a 40 year 2. 38.9 last year kid can make then we need him to find it. He’s better than what we’re seeing and he’s a physical good defender
just don't expect him to grab an o board. ever.
a grand total of 20 in around two thousand eight hundred of career minutes.
he shoots around 38% from three, and around 39% from two, ergo, doesn't matter where he shoots from, since it has a 38% chance of going in, historically. taken together, shooting and o boards, he never spends time near the hoop.
kalk is on pace to take a pantload more of 3's this season. limited amount so far at 43%. adama, too. seems like this is the season where ncaa hoops figgers out that bigs can shoot 3's. it's aboot time. in what appears to be his 6th season, nunge is draining 3's at 44%.
kalk is 82% on 2's, so far.
donno is 4th at around 69%.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Welp, it is true my fellow yarder! Tristan comes with higher expectations then Allenye. TN started and lead his team in scoring and is our point so we do need consistency. Alleyne was a barely a started and didn't shoot well at VT. Had AJ never gotten hurt, NA wouldn't have started for Uconn.
Fair enough , but I think like others have said- he got some extra PT in the first few games because AJ was out , Hurley wanted to see what he had in him , he can get hot/streaky and I think they wanted to see how tough he was defensively. The window is closing on his playing time but let’s see what happens these next couple weeks leading into big east play.

Reaction Score
just don't expect him to grab an o board. ever.
a grand total of 20 in around two thousand eight hundred of career minutes.
he shoots around 38% from three, and around 39% from two, ergo, doesn't matter where he shoots from, since it has a 38% chance of going in, historically. taken together, shooting and o boards, he never spends time near the hoop.
kalk is on pace to take a pantload more of 3's this season. limited amount so far at 43%. adama, too. seems like this is the season where ncaa hoops figgers out that bigs can shoot 3's. it's aboot time. in what appears to be his 6th season, nunge is draining 3's at 44%.
kalk is 82% on 2's, so far.
donno is 4th at around 69%.

I think you mentioned something to me about exaggerating well you just took the cake pal. He averaged 2.8 rebounds a game last year in 33 games just one year of his career so there goes your 20 out the window. Lol

Reaction Score
I'm sure coach has been telling him to let the game come to him over the practices this week. That's all he needs to do and he'll start hitting.

I see him forcing a bit more than he should. He's in his own head right now.

Kid can shoot the rock. It'll fall sooner or later. Regardless, he will play at least SOME minutes because he can defend.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think you mentioned something to me about exaggerating well you just took the cake pal. He averaged 2.8 rebounds a game last year in 33 games just one year of his career so there goes your 20 out the window. Lol
offensive boards. 20 total in 2800 career minutes.
period.
Nahiem Alleyne College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

u really should quit on the 'talking data' thing.
ur really bad at it.
really bad.
here, have some bitcoin. them people took brain damage to an almost unprecedented level. u'd fit right in.

Reaction Score
offensive boards. 20 total in 2800 career minutes.
period.
Nahiem Alleyne College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

u really should quit on the 'talking data' thing.
ur really bad at it.
really bad.
here, have some bitcoin. them people took brain damage to an almost unprecedented level. u'd fit right in.

Every post of yours is brain damage at an unprecedented level. You still think the Yankees were a good hitting team :eek: lol.

I did miss “o” board but hard to read through crap!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mentioned in the LIU game thread after going to that game in person maybe he had found his game. He still dribbles a little too much but he found his shot after that game. He did have that one great pass too. He always gives us good d so nice to see him step up when our shooters were off today.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I know a couple of posters were sayin that he was gonna show up when big east play started, he looked much more comfortable and controlled tonight, and the jumper is starting to fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom