Alleyne | The Boneyard

Alleyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
2 points in his last 3 games. 9 minutes tonight. I’m hoping we can keep this thread respectful, because you never know what a man can be going through. But I think it bares mentioning a discussion on the funk he’s in.

Reaction Score
2 points in his last 3 games. 9 minutes tonight. I’m hoping we can keep this thread respectful, because you never know what a man can be going through. But I think it bares mentioning a discussion on the funk he’s in.

Is there anyone who’s not aware that he’s not playing up to expectations? I’m not sure what can possibly come out of this thread that’s going to be informative. He needs to be better and he will be.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Kid came in as a proven player in the P5, so a little surprised at the lack of production. That being said, he may just be having a hard time adjusting to the new system/ players. It takes some players longer than others to find their groove and he may just be lagging. At some point in the season, due to either fouls or injuries, his number is going to get called for some bigger minutes and hopefully he snaps to attention without having to worry about looking over his shoulder.

Reaction Score
Was going to start a thread on him...you beat me to it. I'm not interested in being critical of him at all just hoping the staff finds a way to help get him going.

I think he has some big games in him but really all we need from him is solid D and a few baskets a game...but he needs to get going soon just for his mindset.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is there anyone who’s not aware that he’s not playing up to expectations? I’m not sure what can possibly come out of this thread that’s going to be informative. He needs to be better and he will be.
Someone was gonna do it, so I wanted to pre-phrase it to remind people to not tear him apart. It’s also just worth talking about what people think his role will be moving forward.

Reaction Score
He's streaky, which goes both ways. Right now we're on the down part, and luckily have the guys to cover for him until he gets hot

caw

Reaction Score
I still think he has a place but it's no coincidence that as Jackson comes on Alleyne's PT is going down. If he starts shooting better he will be competing with Diarra and Joey for PT. Either way he is something that could be helpful this season. He would have helped last year for that matter as an additional wing defender against NM.

Reaction Score
Im one of his biggest critics but i thought tonight after a bad start (putting up a shot as soon as he touched the ball) i thought he was more under control, still bad but at least didnt have a run of bad plays so at least thats encouraging.

Reaction Score
His confidence is in the toilet. With SJ hopefully coming back soon and DH running with a possible 10 man rotation minutes will be scarce. Joey C should and probably will be getting somewhere around 15 mins per. It’s going to be Alleyne and Diarra competing for mins.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Until he snaps out of it, Diarra should be getting some of his minutes. Diarra is not playing enough and Alleyne is playing too much right now

Reaction Score
Alleyne we know is a good player but that’s a crazy funk he’s in. We need his defense and toughness as well as his ability to make but he seems to be losing his confidence. For me Diarra is a nice depth piece but he can’t shoot we know that. Need to get Alleyne back feeling it somehow.

Reaction Score
He was a lockdown defender in previous games, so was worth keeping in the game even when the shots weren’t falling.

Last night his defense wasn’t great (nobody’s perimeter defense was), so there was no justification for him to be in

As everyone else has already said, he’s a proven player. The shots will start to go down and he’ll be a valuable piece off our bench

Reaction Score
Hoping for consistency from both Alleyne and Newton.

Yeah agree Newton hasn’t been very good for 2 in a row. Couple big 3s against ISU bailed him from an 8 TO game but last night nearly invisible at times. Need him to be better because when he is so is most everyone else.

Reaction Score
Yeah agree Newton hasn’t been very good for 2 in a row. Couple big 3s against ISU bailed him from an 8 TO game but last night nearly invisible at times. Need him to be better because when he is so is most everyone else.
I think it’s just a game planning thing. Ride the hot hand while its hot. I’m bot worried about him in the slightest. Same with Alleyne, he’s a proven player going through a slump. He’ll be fine

Reaction Score
I think it’s just a game planning thing. Ride the hot hand while its hot. I’m bot worried about him in the slightest. Same with Alleyne, he’s a proven player going through a slump. He’ll be fineI

Agree like them both but truth be told they both are huge pieces to a longer season. Newton is the real key just need some consistency but he’ll be fine.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He’s in a bad funk but i have confidence he’s going to be a valuable piece of this team for a few reasons:

Great on ball defender (after Jackson our best perimeter stopper)
Proven effective outside shooter
Can create his own shot off the dribble (one of our few options that can do this)

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Just looking at his game log from last year - he’s very streaky and that was on VT and not a team that is a legit 10 deep. Right now to me - Alleyne and Calcaterra have swapped roles/pecking order as far as what I expected coming into the season. Long season though so we’re going to need him at some point and his moments will come.

05380468-D8F8-4E47-BCE3-DCC27943F6EB.jpeg

Reaction Score
He needs to make shots, and stop with the pull-up mid-range crap. He looks terrible.

His defense will keep him in games, and I expect that his shot will start to fall. If he gets hot at the right time in March, we're just that more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom