Alleyne to the transfer portal | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Alleyne to the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He wasn’t getting 25 minutes a game here next year. His value to a good team is as a sixth man - ironically, we got him from Virginia Tech because he did not want that role for VT.
He wasn’t getting a NC at VaTech
One dream Fulfilled its on to the next
I disagree on starting , he could be the starting 2 on over half the teams in top 10 conferences and even in contention for depending His list of teams he wouldn’t start for is much shorter than teams he would .

Reaction Score
Frank Martin is a really good coach. He took Kansas St. to the NCAAs 4 out of 5 years and 1 year to the NIT. Went to an elite 8 and won a tournament game each year. Winning conference record each year in the Big 12. As for South Carolina, it's a tough place to win if you look at history since they joined the SEC.

Can he win at UMass? Hard to say as the issues at UMass are not just coaching.
“Really good coaches” win regardless. More power to UMass, maybe it works, but I have my doubts. He’s not even on my radar as someone who I’d consider a good coach at this point. In his past 11 years coaching, he has one tourney appearance, that doesn’t get you into the category of being a really good coach for me.

Reaction Score
With Alleyne gone We really need 2 of Newton, AJ and Timberlake next year, hopefully all 3

Reaction Score
I had problems with his offensive game early in the season but loved his aggressive defense. Props to him for turning his offensive game around in time to help us win #5! He deserves a starting position; I say many thanks to him and I wish him the best of luck finding his next perfect fit.

Reaction Score
You do realize that South Carolina fired him?

And that he blew up UMass’s season last year by featuring his inept kid?

He’s a bad coach.
Jacob Pullen, Sindarius Thornwell, and PJ Dozier made him so much money.

Reaction Score
PT will be tough to come by. I'm sure DH told him exactly that. Good luck Alleyne.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
He'll average 15 at St. John's.
That could make him the hardest husky i've ever had to root against. I'll miss this kid. (nah, still couldn't. all the best nahiem!!)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Many of these D1 coaches are excellent coaches. I think we’ve set the standard a bit too high for most programs. Coaches at the D1 level tend to be very good. Sure there are exceptions like Ewing who got his job based on his playing career, but Frank Martin, Ed Cooley, etc. have reached this level based on the fact that they know what they’re doing. Let’s not lose sight of that.
Martin & Cooley :) :)

Reaction Score
That could make him the hardest husky i've ever had to root against. I'll miss this kid. (nah, still couldn't. all the best nahiem!!)
The transfer portal is going to lead to tribute videos like those done when pro athletes return to their former team

Reaction Score
He gets great height on him jumper, getting his shot off won't be a problem. Hurley is going to have to get him to improve his defense which he will but he's a plug and play offensive weapon right away.
Impressive for sure!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This doesn't need to be some cloak and dagger stuff. It makes all the sense in the world that a former ACC starter would want to close out his college career with a bigger role than he likely would have had here next year.

Best of luck to a great kid.

Particularly after winning a title. No reason for him to be playing 15 minutes a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom