All praise OMNU! | The Boneyard

All praise OMNU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It seems as if Kelly just got here. Geno told us she would never play a bad game. That was very close to true. She hustles, plays smart, and has become a legitimate scoring threat. She has long been a lockdown defender. As a frosh, Geno was comfortable giving her extend playing time in a tense national championship game. Last year, she practically stole the national semifinal game. This year, she made All-American opposing players amazingly ineffective. Against Duke, she played a game for the ages. She has scores of post-season wins against only 2 losses over 7 seasons. Kelly Faris IS UConn basketball.

Thanks for leaving Hoosier country and becoming a New Englander for life. HuskyNation and the Boneyard love you!

Reaction Score
I am very glad that Kelly came to UConn to let us watch her play for four years. She has been under appreciated by the national media until this year when they are finally recognizing her steadfast play and attention to the fundamentals and how that has contributed to UConn's ongoing successes. From the first time I saw her play, I knew she would become one of my favorite players. I will miss watching Kelly "Omnu" "Stoneface" Faris in national flag blue and white next year. But I am going to enjoy watching every minute of her playing time as long as it lasts this year - hopefully until she can hoist the national championship trophy in triumph with a huge grin lighting up her face!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would love to see Kelly or Caroline come back to UConn as a grad student assistant. They would both make great coaches.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would love to see Kelly or Caroline come back to UConn as a grad student assistant. They would both make great coaches.
I think it was Geno that mentioned Caroline as possibly coaching after her UCONN career, but has either said they'd actually like to do it? It's possible, but I don't recall seeing a quote from either of them on that front.

Obviously Kelly has a pro career ahead of her if she wants it. Caroline not so much. But you are right - both would make terrific coaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom