All five 2020 recruits have signed, and Geno has comments. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All five 2020 recruits have signed, and Geno has comments.

Reaction Score
Maybe not her 1st or 2nd year, but she's the only player on the roster including the class behind her who is a pure PG. It remains to be seen how they all will coexist. Geno certainly doesn't know at this time, but it's going to be a great mix and match.

We will be able to throw TONS of looks at opposing teams when we bring subs off the bench. I expect to see a lot of full court press and a lot of very active defenders. McLean gets all the publicity (rightfully so) for her Gabby/Aubrey elite athleticism, but Piath and Aaliyah are also very athletic. And Paige and Nika are no slouches.

UCONN worry worts (not you) can now officially go from "we don't have enough" to "how will he keep them all happy??"...
I think if people just picture:

Maria Conlon = Nika Muhl
Diana Taurasi = Paige Bueckers

It all makes sense..

Reaction Score
Muhl will have two years by the time she's at UConn.
Two years of what? She plays in the Womens Adriatic Basketball Association for Croatia. She’s not a professional.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If Gabriel is 6’5” then how come she’s 3” shorter than 6’2” Edwards, and only 2” taller than 5’11” Bueckers?
Do you really need to ask that question?

recruits_height.jpg

Reaction Score
I have to interject my two cents after the diversion of this discussion to height metrics. With this kind of talent and skills available, I would like to see the option of platooning players to come in and out of the game as requirements dictate. With the playing personnel left from this year and the incoming recruits, you could almost realize two very competitive teams available for Geno to play. He's the boss and he's going to do what he wants to do. Good problem to have.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I need to know how tall each of these young ladies are in Harley units, and I need to know right now.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I need to know how tall each of these young ladies are in Harley units, and I need to know right now.
Harley units? I would say that they are all between 1.5 and 2 motorcycle lengths.

Reaction Score
Must be photo-shopped. Not realistic they are all in one place. Therefore, all comparisons are moot.
They were all at First Night, and Aaliyah committed that weekend.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This year, we struggled to add 1 more to get to 5; next year, we struggle to eliminate 2 or 3 to get down to 5.

It’s a great problem to have, IMO, but I don’t envy Geno for having to make the decision.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Two years of what? She plays in the Womens Adriatic Basketball Association for Croatia. She’s not a professional.
She’s not being paid, but it is a professional league.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It’s a great problem to have, IMO, but I don’t envy Geno for having to make the decision.
Recall that some very solid players were drafted in the first round for the WNBA who started only 1 season--or not even that--for UConn.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
If Fudd signs, that means that at least one person in this incoming class will likely never start (injuries and senior night aside).

:oops:

With that being said, I'm excited to see the PT battle unfold. Show us your best, ladies.
During the regular season we might see up to 12 (more likely 8 to 10) players each getting 15 to 25 minutes each. Then come tournament time it will just be about 7 players (5 started plus 1 big and 1 ball handler) getting prime playing time.

Reaction Score
We’ll be very positionless and versatile, lots of players who can play multiple positions.

Reaction Score
I think Westbrook will just be happy to play and willing to do whatever is asked of her, if she’s a starter or a sub. I’m mostly worried about Mir getting lost in the rotation, I see she’s listed as a 5’11 guard, but I thought she was more of an undersized power forward.

Reaction Score
I think Westbrook will just be happy to play and willing to do whatever is asked of her, if she’s a starter or a sub. I’m mostly worried about Mir getting lost in the rotation, I see she’s listed as a 5’11 guard, but I thought she was more of an undersized power forward.
As was Gabby at the time she signed:cool:

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
This years Team is in Development mode and doing quite well. Not having AA on the team is allowing them to find there own identity. Next years recruits will follow this trend. Yes Paige will start next year, Chrystn and Econ’s We will go 3 guard line-up, Megan and Olivia...Ania and Aubrey will be 6th/7th off the bench, then the rest of the Freshman...over the season I agree we will see something we have not seen in feels like forever 10+ players all getting meaningful minutes...ala...1999-2002 teams...

Reaction Score
She’s not being paid, but it is a professional league.

Yeah, other than a few countries with active school sports programs, there is no real distinction between amateur and professional leagues. Neither league she plays in is at the level of the league that Makurat played in, but there are teams with full professional rosters and others that are a mixture of paid and unpaid players.

If you're good enough for a league level you play regardless of age so she has been playing at the senior level since she was 15. For those who want an accurate count, this is her third season in the Adriatic League and her fourth in the Croatian League.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom