All five 2020 recruits have signed, and Geno has comments. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

All five 2020 recruits have signed, and Geno has comments.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Check out Geno's comments on Paige from Doug Bonjour today/yesterday.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Evina Westbrook will now be a de facto sixth member of next year's incoming class. I wonder how Geno will handle the back court congestion next year. Certainly Christyn will be Numero Uno. My guess is that at the beginning of the year, Evina will be her back court partner; Paige will be the 3rd guard (first off the bench, just as MoJeff was as a freshman), and Nika will get whatever minutes remain available.

I know some people here think that Evina will play on the wing, and I guess at 6-0 she could do that. But honestly I doubt that she would do that as a starter, with a returning front court of ONO / Megan / AubreyAnna. It makes more sense for Evina to remain in the back court (which doesn't mean that on certain occasions she couldn't be on the court with Christyn, Paige, and AubreyAnna).

For those of you who may be wondering, "AubreyAnna" should be correctly pronounced as "Aw, Breanna".

Another reason why Evina won't play on the wing is that Aaliyah will need to get her minutes, and they shouldn't come at Megan's expense.
Love thinking about Megan at the small forward position and Evina as a true guard. Doesn't solve the "who gets minutes?" question but would be a difficult task for competition to game plan for.

Reaction Score
Of course there is always the mass substitution pattern...if there becomes a log jam of talent. You start your A team...play them for 10 minutes of the first quarter...they run the score up...You let the starting five start the 2nd quarter..let them play for 3 minutes, then you pull the entire A team out. Then you run the B team play them for the remaining 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter...while substituting your number 11 player the last two minutes of the 2nd quarter. Repeat the same substitution pattern in the 2nd half. Of course, should problems arise foul trouble, injury, uninspired play, or playing a really good team or a player absent from the roster for the day then you adjust the strategy accordingly.... At least the playing time issue is resolved.
Geno has always liked to focus on match ups, often having a very athletic guard (i.e. M. Jeff) or forward (i.e. Gabby) come off bench as frosh or sophs to harass the top offensive players. Opposition coaches must be dreading the flexibility Geno will have with the many athletic options the next few years.

Reaction Score
They're not all in that picture at the same time. It might prove difficult to keep everyone happy because they're all highly competitive and want to start. If they didn't want to start, Geno wouldn't have recruited them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom