Aliyah Goes Out With Class | The Boneyard

Aliyah Goes Out With Class

Reaction Score
Classy? Seriously? You mean like that mugging of Warnock I believe in the end game that was unbelievably called a jump ball. Boston grabbed her from behind and held her before she ever got a hand on the ball, Then she wrestled and threw Warnock to the floor where she hit the back of her head. Not only was a common foul not called but it she have been a flagrant and she should have been ejected.

How can anyone use classy and Boston in the same sentence?

Reaction Score
Classy? Seriously? You mean like that mugging of Warnock I believe in the end game that was unbelievably called a jump ball. Boston grabbed her from behind and held her before she ever got a hand on the ball, Then she wrestled and threw Warnock to the floor where she hit the back of her head. Not only was a common foul not called but it she have been a flagrant and she should have been ejected.

Not how I saw it. Yes, it should have been a common foul. Sadly the refs have made this sort of call a lot this year.

And I absolutely think Boston is a classy player, one of the best and finest people in D1 WCBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I’d say Boston is classy. It was an aggressive play but she didn’t appear to be trying to injure the player. If the play had been called a foul it would have been justified but don’t place that blame on Boston but rather the official.

For four years Boston has represented SC and the game well. She’s a great player.

Reaction Score
Great player. She should go pro. Her game will grow and evolve more as a pro than it will playing another year in college.
Agreed, there’s nothing more for her to do in college at this point and in the pros she’ll have much more room to operate in

Reaction Score
Boston is a great player but not good enough to be mature and classy for me.

Yes, this is April Fool Day.

Reaction Score
Seems a lot of refs are looking to call a tie up. If you can get your hand to the ball, it doesn't matter what you smack or rake or twist to get there. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I’ve noticed that especially this year, the refs are so quick to call tie-ups

Reaction Score
Agreed, there’s nothing more for her to do in college at this point and in the pros she’ll have much more room to operate in
Nah it sounds like she should go pro to just get on with her life away from our Huskies and certainly other programs as well … winning another Natty. Boston is a good player, gets too many calls for some reason; actually SC in general has been on the receiving end of too many calls in their favor and of course I understand they are aggressive in their style of play but, really…

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I readily admit I don’t know what the rule is, but I’d like to see the NCAA make it a foul when a defender intrudes on the “personal space” of the ball handler. I’d define the personal space as roughly the diameter of the ball. The current situation is that defenders are slapping and grabbing at the ball and it’s nearly impossible in many cases for officials to tell from 20 or 30 feet away whether a defender got all ball or the ball handler was whacked across the forearm. Just simplify the call for the officials and end the current trend towards rugby basketball.

Reaction Score
I am torn with this... yeah she is a great player, and yeah she is somewhat classy.... but she made a comment last night that annoyed me about how Iowa was playing "physical" and made it sound like they were being overly aggressive against South Carolina and herself. I mean seriously... to make that complaint..... At least it was not over the ball being used.

Reaction Score
Not how I saw it. Yes, it should have been a common foul. Sadly the refs have made this sort of call a lot this year.

And I absolutely think Boston is a classy player, one of the best and finest people in D1 WCBB.
I'd ask you to watch it again in slo-mo if you can. If Boston were playing DL for the SC football time she couldn't have sacked the opposing QB like that without garnering a roughing the passer penalty.

Reaction Score
Frankly as good as Boston , I think she has not achieved what she could have. Her skills were better than most when she got to SC. They have not been in my mind shown drastic improvement. She has god given size and agility but for instance her physical development has not been close to maximized. Most improvements seem to be some weight management but real muscle development not significant. Maturity always seem to lead back to her personal side as a young woman, not maturity in her game. To be clear she is an excellent player and young woman but as a basketball player her ball skills, game knowledge and physical development were not maximized.

Reaction Score
I’d say Boston is classy. It was an aggressive play but she didn’t appear to be trying to injure the player. If the play had been called a foul it would have been justified but don’t place that blame on Boston but rather the official.

For four years Boston has represented SC and the game well. She’s a great player.
So... the first paragraph means don't blame the aggressive ?? foul ?? because the ref didn't call it? or, in
another way of thinking... if the refs don't call it... it's not a foul!
It's hard to be a ref!!!

Reaction Score
Frankly as good as Boston , I think she has not achieved what she could have. Her skills were better than most when she got to SC. They have not been in my mind shown drastic improvement. She has god given size and agility but for instance her physical development has not been close to maximized. Most improvements seem to be some weight management but real muscle development not significant. Maturity always seem to lead back to her personal side as a young woman, not maturity in her game. To be clear she is an excellent player and young woman but as a basketball player her ball skills, game knowledge and physical development were not maximized.
I think her skill level has definitely improved, especially her efficiency, but Dawn’s lineups especially this year didn’t put her in a position to succeed. She can’t play her game when the lane is clogged with 3 defenders.

Reaction Score

You can't comment on her personally using her game intensity. After the game she was nothing but gracious and complimentary to the Iowa team and her team too. As a player I don't want classy, I want effective and she is certainly that and then some. Not her fault her coach couldn't come up with something to open up the middle a little.

Reaction Score

But, how do you really feel?:rolleyes:
I think she took advantage of what the refs allowed just like any player would. I do think she has benefited from “Boston rules” but I don’t blame her at all. She is a classy lady based on how she conducts herself and I wish her all the best. Let’s just say I wish sh had been a Husky! If she had, I believe we would now have 13 championships. Perhaps even 14!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom