Aliyah Goes Out With Class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aliyah Goes Out With Class

Reaction Score
I’d say Boston is classy. It was an aggressive play but she didn’t appear to be trying to injure the player. If the play had been called a foul it would have been justified but don’t place that blame on Boston but rather the official.

For four years Boston has represented SC and the game well. She’s a great player.
Agree, Boston is physical but she is not a dirty player. WBB is a physical game today, it is not the touch me and it’s a foul game it use to be. BTW, Iowa is a physical team and if you really watched the game you would have seen Boston was roughed up a lot more than Warlock. SC is not the only team in WBB that plays physically nearly all the elite teams are physical.

Reaction Score
Me too. If we had, we would have won at least two NCs. ;)
Well, the same goes for Wilson. South Carolina has had the best BIG in the country for 8 straight years. And they have Cardozo and others for the next few. We recruited a kid to play the post, who was injured for the season before the season started. Not fair.

Reaction Score
So... the first paragraph means don't blame the aggressive ?? foul ?? because the ref didn't call it? or, in
another way of thinking... if the refs don't call it... it's not a foul!
It's hard to be a ref!!!
What it means is an aggressive play doesn’t make a player not classy.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1680379185529.png

Reaction Score
still a head-scratcher to this day. As I remember at the time, it was considered a lock
Really? I‘ve heard her speak multiple times on this and it seemed to me that she was 100% SC the entire time.

Reaction Score
Classy? Seriously? You mean like that mugging of Warnock I believe in the end game that was unbelievably called a jump ball. Boston grabbed her from behind and held her before she ever got a hand on the ball, Then she wrestled and threw Warnock to the floor where she hit the back of her head. Not only was a common foul not called but it she have been a flagrant and she should have been ejected.

How can anyone use classy and Boston in the same sentence?
I've seen MUCH worse and this isn't even close. It wasn't like she ignored the ball and "assaulted" Warnock. It's competing. Common foul that happens in probably 99% of games. Please not try and characterize her as some villain. She just isn't.

Reaction Score
Really? I‘ve heard her speak multiple times on this and it seemed to me that she was 100% SC the entire time.
I think people thought it because IIRC she came to a bunch of UConn games which were a little easier to get to from Worcester just up the road from Storrs than Columbia SC is.

Reaction Score
Whew! At first glance I thought maybe our Aaliyah had declared for the draft. Didn't pay enough attention to the spelling!

Man..,. I thought the same thing

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
still a head-scratcher to this day. As I remember at the time, it was considered a lock
I all but guaranteed she she coming here on the eve of her reveal. She was openly leaning towards UConn so much she almost fell over. It’s my personal opinion with absolutely no proof or corroboration, whatsoever, but I think she was shanghaied.

I think Dawn and her staff put full-court press on her mother, during their official visit, and mother convinced her that Dawn and South Carolina was the best place for her. :(

Reaction Score
Boston might have won 2 or 3 Titles if she chose UConn. It just would have been a better fit. Geno is a better coach. The past few years, SC's team was overloaded with size and physical players. Probably too much depth in 1 area. The UConn teams' lacked the physical play & rebounding. Oh well, it's all speculation. she'll have a great WNBA career regardless. Good luck to her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thank you heavenly Father. :D The best news I’ve read all month, even though today is the first day of the month.

Reaction Score
Boston might have won 2 or 3 Titles if she chose UConn. It just would have been a better fit. Geno is a better coach. The past few years, SC's team was overloaded with size and physical players. Probably too much depth in 1 area. The UConn teams' lacked the physical play & rebounding. Oh well, it's all speculation. she'll have a great WNBA career regardless. Good luck to her.
Imagine if UConn had a healthy Paige and Azzi this year with Boston down low. It’s a hypothetical but that could’ve been the best team of all time.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Yes she would've helped UCONN but I don't see how it's a better fit. She won an awful lot of games, got a title and improved immensely during her time at SC. If you watched the postgame press conference it seems like Dawn was the right coach for her as a player and person.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I all but guaranteed she she coming here on the eve of her reveal. She was openly leaning towards UConn so much she almost fell over. It’s my personal opinion with absolutely no proof or corroboration, whatsoever, but I think she was shanghaied.

I think Dawn and her staff put full-court press on her mother, during their official visit, and mother convinced her that Dawn and South Carolina was the best place for her. :(
Some home cooked heritage food was involved too.

Reaction Score
was never that impressed with Staley as a coach. She had arguably (emphasis on arguably) the most dominant player and only got one championship out of it. Makes the Stewart years all the more impressive. Admittedly WBB has evolved since then.

Reaction Score
was never that impressed with Staley as a coach. She had arguably (emphasis on arguably) the most dominant player and only got one championship out of it. Makes the Stewart years all the more impressive. Admittedly WBB has evolved since then.
in fairness I forgot about the COVID year

Reaction Score
Yes she would've helped UCONN but I don't see how it's a better fit. She won an awful lot of games, got a title and improved immensely during her time at SC. If you watched the postgame press conference it seems like Dawn was the right coach for her as a player and person.
Agreed, I know a lot of people aren't the biggest fans of Boston on here, but she had a pretty incredible college career. She was a 3-Time First Team All-American, one of only ten players to have that honor. She also won a national championship, was NPOY last year, and won countless other awards. I'm excited to watch her pro career play out, I think she and NaLyssa Smith will complement each other very well on the court, and if Indiana can get either Clark or Bueckers in next year's draft, then watch out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom