Alexis Yetna | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alexis Yetna

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I went back and looked...the reaction was even more subdued than I remembered it.

Except for this moron.

Huskymagic said:
Hammer Time is back in Storrs people. Kwintin is the starting 4 man for us and will be an excellent pick and roll guy with Adams.

Starting lineup: Jalen, CV, Terry, Kwintin, Mamadou

#KWINFORTHEHAMMER
#PICKANDROLLADAMS

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Every coach in America has kids they missed on. KO had many, many faults but this is just dumb. You could build an all star team of 3 star kids that great coaches screwed up on.

It also isn't as if UConn had some special insight into him. PSA had a stacked roster last year and played in the most competitive prep league in the country. Dozens upon dozens of coaches attended their games, practices, open gyms, etc. and had every opportunity to swoop in if they saw something they liked.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We have a guy that we offered because of Instagram videos... can people stop saying it isn’t fair to KO. Glenn Miller was stationed at PSA every single day during his tenure. And we offered a guy because of YouTube videos.
Repeat it again
It must make you happy

Reaction Score
The same Glen Miller, who had recommended the injured Mamdou Diarra? The same Glen Miller, who was clueless about the status of Diallo’s recruitment? All while being basically stationed at PSA, as was stated by@polycom .

Gotcha

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It also isn't as if UConn had some special insight into him. PSA had a stacked roster last year and played in the most competitive prep league in the country. Dozens upon dozens of coaches attended their games, practices, open gyms, etc. and had every opportunity to swoop in if they saw something they liked.

But you don’t get it. Jeff Jacobs saw something special. And bad guy Ollie wouldn’t listen to his fount of insight. All of the legendary coaches could’ve missed the talent, but JJ didn’t and the world needs to know, darn it!!!

Reaction Score
Jacobs is a bum. Look at this kids offers: Drexel. Rider. Towson. Duquesne. Charlotte, etc. Even Yetna in the article says "Honestly, I was not surprised. I didn’t expect them to offer me." Im pretty confident that staff knew the players at PSA better than anyone and if he was so obviously good, he a) would've got the UConn offer and b) wouldn't have been torn between a SEVEN WIN South Florida team and a FIVE WIN Oregon State team.

I don't get why Jacobs cant just write a nice piece about how a former CT highschooler is doing well instead of a hollow story about how a kid that never expected to go to UConn... didn't go to UConn.

C

Chief00

I’m just messing around. I think it’s just a funny article. He really did seem to write the whole thing in order to mention that conversation with Ollie

This week we have had two sportswriters, who live in Eastern CT stand up for their homey boys - Crocker and Miller. Fine, lose objectivity and blindly root for your homeys, Chief just is hoping they are not expecting any awards.

Reaction Score
We have a guy that we offered because of Instagram videos... can people stop saying it isn’t fair to KO. Glenn Miller was stationed at PSA every single day during his tenure. And we offered a guy because of YouTube videos.

Gee, about a year ago could people have stopped saying that said Instagram guy should be getting more minutes. You know, casual talent evaluators and all.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The same Glen Miller, who had recommended the injured Mamdou Diarra? The same Glen Miller, who was clueless about the status of Diallo’s recruitment? All while being basically stationed at PSA, as was stated by@polycom .

Yeah this is fantasy talk. But okay keep making stuff up clueless chief, there will always be people who believe everything you say around here.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The point of his post was to point out youn are not making sense. You didn't get that?

It’s pretty simple that UConn understood the talent level of each player at PSA considering the amount of time UConn spent there. The fact that with that knowledge we still gave a scholarship to instagram baller is just another confirmation KO had a piss poor eye for talent. But believe me since I’m not chief the one who knows all about UConn recruiting.

C

Chief00

Yeah this is fantasy talk. But okay keep making stuff up clueless chief, there will always be people who believe everything you say around here.
What is fantasy about what I stated?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
But you don’t get it. Jeff Jacobs saw something special. And bad guy Ollie wouldn’t listen to his fount of insight. All of the legendary coaches could’ve missed the talent, but JJ didn’t and the world needs to know, darn it!!!
JJ story: victim (Uconn) Perp. (KO) Rescuer (JJ). This is the story over and over again. Just fill in different victims and Perps. JJ is ALWAYS the rescuer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom