Alexis Yetna | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alexis Yetna

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The same Glen Miller, who had recommended the injured Mamdou Diarra? The same Glen Miller, who was clueless about the status of Diallo’s recruitment? All while being basically stationed at PSA, as was stated by@polycom .
Pretty sure Hamidou Diallo got sick of watching UConn get smoked by Auburn, Northeastern, Wagner, and Houston. Who the hell wants to join for that?

Reaction Score
JJ story: victim (Uconn) Perp. (KO) Rescuer (JJ). This is the story over and over again. Just fill in different victims and Perps. JJ is ALWAYS the rescuer.
He’s the CT Dan Shaughnessy essentially. Just a miserable curmudgeon trying to stir the pot whenever possible.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
please dont give some guy the pleasure of exposure by using his name on this board.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Averaging 12 points and 11 rebounds so far as a redshirt freshman.

Jeff Jacobs: USF’s Yetna was a big oversight for UConn

“I remember it like yesterday,” Espinosa said. “Glen Miller (former associate head coach) called and was like, ‘We’re going to offer Alexis tomorrow.’ I’m like, ‘Good, good.’ The next day, all of a sudden it was, ‘(Kevin) Ollie wants to wait. There might be someone else.’ They never ended up offering him.”
This is type of kid (overlooked middle of the pack recruit) KO neglected while going after the Hamidou Diallos and settling for the Kwintin Williams. Extremely frustrating.

Reaction Score
If the new conventional wisdom is that we should not pursue the Hamidou Diallos of the world and instead lock up the Alexis Yetnas, then count me out!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If the new conventional wisdom is that we should not pursue the Hamidou Diallos of the world and instead lock up the Alexis Yetnas, then count me out!
Not realllllly my point. There was a pattern the last couple years of missing out on dudes who were out of our league then you wind up with a class where your prized recruit is Josh Carlton.

Reaction Score
Not realllllly my point. There was a pattern the last couple years of missing out on dudes who were out of our league then you wind up with a class where your prized recruit is Josh Carlton.

Hamidou was a day away from enrolling at UConn before the Kentucky madness happened. If Ollie had given up on him, it would have been malpractice.

Reaction Score
This is type of kid (overlooked middle of the pack recruit) KO neglected while going after the Hamidou Diallos and settling for the Kwintin Williams. Extremely frustrating.

Wouldn't this kid have had to have been ranked significantly higher to reach the "middle of the pack"?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hamidou was a day away from enrolling at UConn before the Kentucky madness happened. If Ollie had given up on him, it would have been malpractice.
He did give up on him. After he committed to UK someone asked him about UConn and he said “haven’t really heard from them in a while” or something to that affect

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The sole purpose of this article seemed to be for Some Guy to drag Ollie lol. Kind of reminds me of his 'Merry Christmas' post on Twitter that just basically devolved into him blasting SIDs

If you had Some Guy’s job you’d hate SIDs too. They have job security, health insurance and dignity.

Reaction Score
This kid falls into 10 rebounds a night. Man’s man for a freshman, too. Should’ve been playing for the good guys tonight.

Reaction Score
So happy too have landed KW instead.
1546489694151.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44