Alexis Morris dismissed by Lady Bears | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alexis Morris dismissed by Lady Bears

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This is an option but if someone posts on "our" board that they know details, then why can't they just post the details here? Personally I have no interest in looking at the message boards of other schools. I also think changing this thread to a Kim thread, a Baylor and Miss St scheduling thread sucks but I guess it is to be expected...
I was in no way stating that someone shouldn't post details if they wanted to do so. I was merely suggesting that you could also go to the Baylor message board to read those details. I would have posted the link to their message board myself, but I have recollection that it isn't allowed to do that here; perhaps I am wrong.

As for the direction this thread has taken, have at it. If folks here want to bash Mulkey and Vic for their scheduling, let it ride. I was simply pointing out that it has nothing to do with the thread title; not even close.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
-Three years with Griner and Sims and just 1 Final Four to show. Griner is arguably the most dominating college player we've ever seen and Kim was only able to get 1 title and 2 Final Fours out of her
-Fours years with a combination of Nina Davis+Odyssey Sims and Nina Davis+Alexis Jones+Kalani Brown with zero Final Fours
-She's had three different teams with 1 loss entering the post season who've bowed out before the Final Four

Besides her 2 title runs and the Final Four run in 2010, her teams have flat out underachieved in the postseason. I don't have an issue with the lack of titles as much as I have an issue with her lack of Final Fours. She should have at least 6-7 Final Fours with the rosters she's had. They've been great teams, they just come up short when everything has been on the line.
A Tennessee Lady Vol fan criticizing Mulkey and Baylor is pretty rich considering how they stomped a mudhole in Holly the last time the teams played each other in Knoxville.

Obviously, this Lady Vol poster loves to blame head coaches for all things that go wrong. Hopefully, you do the same to Holly because she is wrecking your program and will continue to do so.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yes, but no one knew that during the season when they were complaining about Baylor's sked.

Mississippi State played a much tougher conference schedule than Baylor did. People were also complaining about Mississippi State's schedule too, just not as much as Baylor's.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
A Tennessee Lady Vol fan criticizing Mulkey and Baylor is pretty rich considering how they stomped a mudhole in Holly the last time the teams played each other in Knoxville.

Obviously, this Lady Vol poster loves to blame head coaches for all things that go wrong. Hopefully, you do the same to Holly because she is wrecking your program and will continue to do so.

Please read literally any post I've ever made about Holly....

Reaction Score
Mississippi State played a much tougher conference schedule than Baylor did. People were also complaining about Mississippi State's schedule too, just not as much as Baylor's.

No. The 2017-18 regular season sked for the two were not appreciably different:

Looking at Massey Ratings:
games vs top 25: MSU 7 Bay 6
games vs 26-50 : MSU 5 Bay 6

Sagarin:
top 25: MSU 7 Bay 8
26 -50: MSU 5 Bay 5

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Close is going to finally get her girl. Morris backtracks and ends up at UCLA.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Close is going to finally get her girl. Morris backtracks and ends up at UCLA.

Is this a prediction or has it been announced? I can't find anything confirming it.

If true, UCLA already has two 5 star PG recruits committed for '19. Gonna get crowded in the back court. I'd predict there's no way they keep 3 players all playing the same position happy and someone leaves sooner than later.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is this a prediction or has it been announced? I can't find anything confirming it.

If true, UCLA already has two 5 star PG recruits committed for '19. Gonna get crowded in the back court. I'd predict there's no way they keep 3 players all playing the same position happy and someone leaves sooner than later.
Morris is going to have to sit for a year where ever she goes right?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I would be stunned if Morris ended up at UCLA after what happened at Baylor.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Morris is going to have to sit for a year where ever she goes right?

Yes, so if she goes to UCLA she would be a soph eligibility wise in '19 and they would have Fr. Owens and Osborne.

Reaction Score
How many teams have won more than two? Not many.....She has created the most dominant program in big 12 history. UConn fans won't understand because Natty's are like winning a conference, just expected. How many other programs in the last 30 years have won more than 2?

UConn and Tenn come to mind. Hmmm looks like we might as well fire Kim. She can't win more 2 titles. Muffett took even longer to just win her second. Yes she has been to the finals, but just like we had that elite hump, she finally got over the final/Championship game hump.

How many Final Fours has she been to? 3?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
No. The 2017-18 regular season sked for the two were not appreciably different:

Looking at Massey Ratings:
games vs top 25: MSU 7 Bay 6
games vs 26-50 : MSU 5 Bay 6

Sagarin:
top 25: MSU 7 Bay 8
26 -50: MSU 5 Bay 5

Reread my post where I said, "Mississippi State played a much tougher conference schedule than Baylor did." Conference wise, the SEC was a lot tougher than the Big 12. Big 12 had just one other quality team besides Baylor, and that was a streaky Texas squad that won zero games against Sweet 16 teams.

In addition to Mississippi State, the SEC had South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Texas A&M who were all top 4 seeds. Not to mention Mizzou who knocked off SC in the regular season and was a 5 seed.

And like I said in that same post, "People were also complaining about Mississippi State's schedule too, just not as much as Baylor's."

bballnut90

Reaction Score
How many Final Fours has she been to? 3?

Yeah, 3. I don't think anyone thinks she underachieves due to winning 2 titles...it's more that she's missed 6 straight Final Fours with loaded rosters, including 3 times as a #1 seed and 4 losses to lower seeded and less talented teams.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I’m just predicting. Will be interesting to follow where she goes.

Don’t forget, Annie Hayes from Tennessee is still out there as well!

Reaction Score
Reread my post where I said, "Mississippi State played a much tougher conference schedule than Baylor did."

Stronger conf, and yet their overall sked was basically the same.
Ergo, Baylor's nonconf sked mustve been a lot harder.

I fail to see why the distinction matters.

Anyway, folks dislike Kim/Baylor so they criticized them. They like Vic/MSU, so they didn't. It had little to do with the underlying merits of the respective schedules imho.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kim+Mulkey+Women+s+Final+Four+mV9Ga9yOx0Sl.jpg

One of her more subdued outfits.

I just realized Mulkey got this outfit to relive the past! She's the one in the middle.

pg103-jf2016-RockwellFiles9520216.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No inside info, but I predict she will end up at Florida State.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Stronger conf, and yet their overall sked was basically the same.
Ergo, Baylor's nonconf sked mustve been a lot harder.

I fail to see why the distinction matters.

Anyway, folks dislike Kim/Baylor so they criticized them. They like Vic/MSU, so they didn't. It had little to do with the underlying merits of the respective schedules imho.

I think that’s partially true, but I think a lot of it is people expect Kim to schedule tougher since Baylor has been a perennial top team for the last 15 years or so. Mississippi State has really just been a top team for 2 years and never had high expectations until this coming season.

And that said, Mississippi State did have a tougher schedule and people did call them out on this last season, even if they called out Baylor more frequently.

Reaction Score
-Three years with Griner and Sims and just 1 Final Four to show. Griner is arguably the most dominating college player we've ever seen and Kim was only able to get 1 title and 2 Final Fours out of her
-Fours years with a combination of Nina Davis+Odyssey Sims and Nina Davis+Alexis Jones+Kalani Brown with zero Final Fours
-She's had three different teams with 1 loss entering the post season who've bowed out before the Final Four

Besides her 2 title runs and the Final Four run in 2010, her teams have flat out underachieved in the postseason. I don't have an issue with the lack of titles as much as I have an issue with her lack of Final Fours. She should have at least 6-7 Final Fours with the rosters she's had. They've been great teams, they just come up short when everything has been on the line.

Obviously BU isn't upset about it so why does it matter? She keeps getting those checks and raises.

Reaction Score
Reread my post where I said, "Mississippi State played a much tougher conference schedule than Baylor did." Conference wise, the SEC was a lot tougher than the Big 12. Big 12 had just one other quality team besides Baylor, and that was a streaky Texas squad that won zero games against Sweet 16 teams.

In addition to Mississippi State, the SEC had South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Texas A&M who were all top 4 seeds. Not to mention Mizzou who knocked off SC in the regular season and was a 5 seed.

And like I said in that same post, "People were also complaining about Mississippi State's schedule too, just not as much as Baylor's."
I think it is hard to make a case for Baylor when they played 1 top 25 team 3 times....so that is like more than half of their top 25 matchups.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Obviously BU isn't upset about it so why does it matter? She keeps getting those checks and raises.

Was just responding to the thread and providing evidence as to how she's underachieved the past 6 seasons. The same statement about keeping her job and getting raises could be said about Holly or Coach P, so I don't think it's a strong argument. There's no question Kim runs an extremely successful program and has turned Baylor into a powerhouse, but her teams consistently underperform in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom