bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Better than a clipboard I guess. :eek:
Or a chair...

03b7e4ce5cd00237360c6c22898b54cb.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hopefully by January 3 she will be ready and raring to go..........

View attachment 34334

I was watching this famous "jacket toss" game live. Kim was at her wits end. After a series of calls going the other way, and not getting the calls she thought they deserved, she was extremely PO'd. :mad:

I'm glad the wardrobe toss stopped with the jacket. Other than tossing her shoes, it would have been difficult for her to maintain her modesty had she decided that another "toss" would be in order. :confused:

Reaction Score
Agreed. There is no shortage of programs that will line up to sign a player as talented as Morris.

If the rumors are correct, this was not merely smoking weed or bad grades. I think this will reduce the # of top programs that are interested.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was watching this famous "jacket toss" game live. Kim was at her wits end. After a series of calls going the other way, and not getting the calls she thought they deserved, she was extremely PO'd. :mad:

I'm glad the wardrobe toss stopped with the jacket. Other than tossing her shoes, it would have been difficult for her to maintain her modesty had she decided that another "toss" would be in order. :confused:

Oh I don't know about that. She could support other women with a bra toss.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Isn't it a given that she will end up at Transfer U, I mean FSU ? :p

Reaction Score
Agreed. There is no shortage of programs that will line up to sign a player as talented as Morris. One likely exception will be UConn. Geno is highly unlikely to pursue a player that was dismissed. The last thing he wants to do is bring in a potential problem.
You are more than likely correct. However, with the NEW Geno his patented views are ever changing: NO transfers wanted: Z and Touly Geno will never play the evil Empire ---at least not until 2020.
With the New Geno---Never say never!!

Reaction Score
She actually had her first day back yesterday. They posted it on one of their social media pages. Obviously I follow them.

Morris, Cox, and Brown are the obvious talents we were expecting a lot out of this year. So of course this hurts because of the potential she had. However, I don't think you count any team loaded with talent out. We did a lot more with a lot less than we have in past in terms of roster size and injuries. Had a very young team and still do. Only 4 upper
and 1 is a transfer. (Jackson)

One player nobody has mentioned is Bickle. I really think she could surprise everyone this year. Just looking at stats from their Italy trip she played tremendously well considering she did not play her Senior season as she was recovering from an ACL injury.

Morris has had issues following rules since she got here. So am I surprised she was dismissed? NO. Kim is very old school and tough when it comes to rules. If you break them you must pay the consequences doesn't matter who you are. Even a BU star like Odyssey Sims was benched due to breaking rules. It sucks, it stings, but I still think we are hands down the top team in the Big 12 and a top 5 team nationally still. Jackson has experience that will help a lot and I think it's what cost us last year when we lost Kristy late in the season.

Lauren Cox is the one I am expecting the most out of. She started shooting the 3 last season and made a huge jump from fresh to soph and expect the same this season. She and Brown will get the rest they need to play at a higher level throughout the games. They were the only post players we had and they both started along with Cohen who also started at the 3.

Reaction Score
Hearing more details about Morris. Kim kinda had no choice and others like Geno would have done the same thing.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I remember Mulkey taking a jab at Texas last season making a comment (in reference to Rellah Boothe being suspended) that she was fortunate not to have any problems with her freshmen players; a few games later she had to suspend Morris and Richards. Now, she has to dismiss Morris. No ill-will towards Morris, but karma found Mulkey this time around.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hearing more details about Morris. Kim kinda had no choice and others like Geno would have done the same thing.
And are you going to share these details??????:rolleyes:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
And are you going to share these details??????:rolleyes:
All you have to do is go read the Baylor message board thread on "Morris". Don't remember if we're allowed to post links here to other message boards.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I heard from people in Waco that it was domestic violence issue and the police were called. Kim had no choice. Morris wanted to stay at Baylor.
Just my opinion, but Morris is having to pay for past indiscretions by other Baylor athletes/coaches and is the collateral damage of a new zero-tolerance policy. No second chances at Baylor any longer based on what's occurred there the last few years.

Reaction Score
She actually had her first day back yesterday. They posted it on one of their social media pages. Obviously I follow them.

Morris, Cox, and Brown are the obvious talents we were expecting a lot out of this year. So of course this hurts because of the potential she had. However, I don't think you count any team loaded with talent out. We did a lot more with a lot less than we have in past in terms of roster size and injuries. Had a very young team and still do. Only 4 upper
and 1 is a transfer. (Jackson)

One player nobody has mentioned is Bickle. I really think she could surprise everyone this year. Just looking at stats from their Italy trip she played tremendously well considering she did not play her Senior season as she was recovering from an ACL injury.

Morris has had issues following rules since she got here. So am I surprised she was dismissed? NO. Kim is very old school and tough when it comes to rules. If you break them you must pay the consequences doesn't matter who you are. Even a BU star like Odyssey Sims was benched due to breaking rules. It sucks, it stings, but I still think we are hands down the top team in the Big 12 and a top 5 team nationally still. Jackson has experience that will help a lot and I think it's what cost us last year when we lost Kristy late in the season.

Lauren Cox is the one I am expecting the most out of. She started shooting the 3 last season and made a huge jump from fresh to soph and expect the same this season. She and Brown will get the rest they need to play at a higher level throughout the games. They were the only post players we had and they both started along with Cohen who also started at the 3.
Hopefully they drop the cupcakes this season and actually play people. The Cupcakes caught up to them when they couldn't handle Oregon St. They are always ranked in the top 5, but never live up to the 2-seeds they get.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hopefully they drop the cupcakes this season and actually play people. The Cupcakes caught up to them when they couldn't handle Oregon St. They are always ranked in the top 5, but never live up to the 2-seeds they get.
In all fairness, last year was the first year Baylor didn't make the Elite 8 in quite a while. But, most seasons prior to last season they were a #1 seed, not a #2 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom