Alexis Morris dismissed by Lady Bears | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alexis Morris dismissed by Lady Bears

Reaction Score
Hopefully they drop the cupcakes this season and actually play people. The Cupcakes caught up to them when they couldn't handle Oregon St. They are always ranked in the top 5, but never live up to the 2-seeds they get.

Ummm they lost the Team captain two weeks before the tourney started who happened to be the point guard.....with a depleted bench. ND was at least lucky most of their tragedies started at the beginning of the season. Also, schedules are out and so if you looked for yourself you would see that it's a very good schedule.

I remember Mulkey taking a jab at Texas last season making a comment (in reference to Rellah Boothe being suspended) that she was fortunate not to have any problems with her freshmen players; a few games later she had to suspend Morris and Richards. Now, she has to dismiss Morris. No ill-will towards Morris, but karma found Mulkey this time around.

That was not directed at them. The season before she had to dismiss Justice (Has a hard last name) the season before. That was what she was referring to. Literally the year before she said it, she was happy the small team got along so well. Not everything she says has underlying meaning....

Reaction Score
Hopefully they drop the cupcakes this season and actually play people. The Cupcakes caught up to them when they couldn't handle Oregon St. They are always ranked in the top 5, but never live up to the 2-seeds they get.

I find it interesting that everyone complains about Baylor but no one about Miss St, even though the Bulldogs played a schedule that was at best no stronger than Baylor's.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but Morris is having to pay for past indiscretions by other Baylor athletes/coaches and is the collateral damage of a new zero-tolerance policy. No second chances at Baylor any longer based on what's occurred there the last few years.

You got it! They have zero room for error on that part. Especially after the controversial comments Kim made. She would have been a hypocrite.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She is a feisty little spark plug, isn't she. Tough too.

DlPhclFU4AAUKGN.jpg:large

Spinal fusion C5-C7.
Before she leaves and once she's healthy I bet she throws that neck brace at a nurse.

Reaction Score
Before she leaves and once she's healthy I bet she throws that neck brace at a nurse.

I don't know her but that's not how I think of KM.

I think in game situations her emotions come out bc she's intensely competitive. But the rest of the time I assume she is super sweet, polite Louisiana girl.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I think in game situations her emotions come out bc she's intensely competitive. But the rest of the time I assume she is super sweet, polite Louisiana girl.
So do I. But under that southern charm and politeness is one tough old bird that ain't afraid to take a swing if it's called for. That's what I like about her.

Reaction Score

You're actually spot on. Her competitive side is huge. I heard growing up that if BU lost a game her house was as silent as a mouse. She's pretty much a home body who works in her garden and lives basketball. However, I'm sure she will become even sweeter since she has a grandchild that will arrive this fall.

Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Ummm they lost the Team captain two weeks before the tourney started who happened to be the point guard.....with a depleted bench. ND was at least lucky most of their tragedies started at the beginning of the season. Also, schedules are out and so if you looked for yourself you would see that it's a very good schedule.

That was not directed at them. The season before she had to dismiss Justice (Has a hard last name) the season before. That was what she was referring to. Literally the year before she said it, she was happy the small team got along so well. Not everything she says has underlying meaning....
I can't be sure. But, she made those comments at the half of the game against Texas. Sczepanski-Beaver was never a contributor, so find it hard to believe Justice would be on her mind at that moment.

Reaction Score
You're actually spot on. Her competitive side is huge. I heard growing up that if BU lost a game her house was as silent as a mouse. She's pretty much a home body who works in her garden and lives basketball. However, I'm sure she will become even sweeter since she has a grandchild that will arrive this fall.

She has had some unbelievable talent over the years and has very little to show for it in terms of Final Fours and NCs.

Reaction Score
So do I. But under that southern charm and politeness is one tough old bird that ain't afraid to take a swing if it's called for. That's what I like about her.
I’m sure she’d appreciate knowing she’s a tough old bird hehe

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that everyone complains about Baylor but no one about Miss St, even though the Bulldogs played a schedule that was at best no stronger than Baylor's.

..and it didn’t really get any better this season either. Not sure what Vic is waiting on to build a decent schedule, especially with all of the preseason “SEC Champion” chest thumping they’re doing over there.

They open the season with:

Central Missouri (exhibition)
Southeast Missouri State
Virginia
Lamar
Coppin State
Furman
Jackson State
U of Arkansas-Little Rock

THEN, they’ll see a team with a pulse vs. Texas in the SEC/Big 12 challenge. Their saving grace is that they play Washington and an Oregon team that might actually beat them before conference play.

Reaction Score
Sigh. 2 things.

I don't really care for Kim's attitude some days but she's a good coach. Baylor wasn't even on the radar when she took over and she's built one of the best programs in the country.

Also schedule criticism is weird. I suspect it is a combination of coaches, school ties, networks and favors. I won't pretend that Mississippi State had a rough schedule last year and maybe not this year either.

Reaction Score
The difference in players that each team brings in is probably why I don't really give Miss St a glance. Which people should, because he has gone to two straight NC games. He can clearly coach and gets more out of less. He should start to schedule better too. I glanced at Miss St's schedule for this season and it's pretty bad. It's equal to Baylor's last year lol.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Vic definitely too his share of arrows for the OC schedule here last year.
Yea, Mississippi State really challenged themselves with that OOC schedule.
I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly?
How many OOC games did MSU play on the road?
ONE?
What do you mean ONE?
UNLV in Vegas? Alright it was Vegas so I can't be too mad at you!
That's it-ONE road game OOC?
MSU scheduled Mississippi Valley State Devilettes and you made Devilettes come to Starkville to take a 76 point beat down? That is some shameful ish right there!
So that Mississippi Valley State Devilettes squad must be a pretty good team them right?
No?
What do you me no?
What do you mean Mississippi Valley State Devilettes have only won ONE game this year?
That can't be right?
That would put Mississippi Valley State Devilettes like at the bottom of all D1 WCBB programs wouldn't it?

Reaction Score
I can't be sure. But, she made those comments at the half of the game against Texas. Sczepanski-Beaver was never a contributor, so find it hard to believe Justice would be on her mind at that moment.

Again, Kim isn't a conniving and as y'all give her credit for. They don't have to be a contributor. One bad player can mess up the entire energy of a team and pull others down with them. That is exactly what she was referring to.

Reaction Score
She has had some unbelievable talent over the years and has very little to show for it in terms of Final Fours and NCs.

How many teams have won more than two? Not many.....She has created the most dominant program in big 12 history. UConn fans won't understand because Natty's are like winning a conference, just expected. How many other programs in the last 30 years have won more than 2?

UConn and Tenn come to mind. Hmmm looks like we might as well fire Kim. She can't win more 2 titles. Muffett took even longer to just win her second. Yes she has been to the finals, but just like we had that elite hump, she finally got over the final/Championship game hump.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

The SEC was a much stronger conference than the Big 12 was last year and Mississippi State dominated it. More importantly, Mississippi State showed they were the real deal by nearly winning the championship, while Baylor bowed out to a 6 seed in the Sweet 16. Not sure why Vic isn't scheduling tougher this year, but I'm glad to see that Kim is.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How many teams have won more than two? Not many.....She has created the most dominant program in big 12 history. UConn fans won't understand because Natty's are like winning a conference, just expected. How many other programs in the last 30 years have won more than 2?

UConn and Tenn come to mind. Hmmm looks like we might as well fire Kim. She can't win more 2 titles. Muffett took even longer to just win her second. Yes she has been to the finals, but just like we had that elite hump, she finally got over the final/Championship game hump.

-Three years with Griner and Sims and just 1 Final Four to show. Griner is arguably the most dominating college player we've ever seen and Kim was only able to get 1 title and 2 Final Fours out of her
-Fours years with a combination of Nina Davis+Odyssey Sims and Nina Davis+Alexis Jones+Kalani Brown with zero Final Fours
-She's had three different teams with 1 loss entering the post season who've bowed out before the Final Four

Besides her 2 title runs and the Final Four run in 2010, her teams have flat out underachieved in the postseason. I don't have an issue with the lack of titles as much as I have an issue with her lack of Final Fours. She should have at least 6-7 Final Fours with the rosters she's had. They've been great teams, they just come up short when everything has been on the line.

Reaction Score
The SEC was a much stronger conference than the Big 12 was last year and Mississippi State dominated it. More importantly, Mississippi State showed they were the real deal by nearly winning the championship, while Baylor bowed out to a 6 seed in the Sweet 16. Not sure why Vic isn't scheduling tougher this year, but I'm glad to see that Kim is.

Yes, but no one knew that during the season when they were complaining about Baylor's sked.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
All you have to do is go read the Baylor message board thread on "Morris". Don't remember if we're allowed to post links here to other message boards.
This is an option but if someone posts on "our" board that they know details, then why can't they just post the details here? Personally I have no interest in looking at the message boards of other schools. I also think changing this thread to a Kim thread, a Baylor and Miss St scheduling thread sucks but I guess it is to be expected...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Again, Kim isn't a conniving and as y'all give her credit for. They don't have to be a contributor. One bad player can mess up the entire energy of a team and pull others down with them. That is exactly what she was referring to.
We will just disagree. Unless she clearly stated at a different time that she was referring to Justis, then you are speculating just as much as the Texas fans did when Mulkey made those comments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom