Alexis Jones Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alexis Jones Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I love glads. I like how they look in flower arrangements.

never been mine. This stems (pardon the pun) from when I worked in a nursing home, we used to get funeral arrangements donated (post funeral) and the majority of them were gladiolas - so I always associated them with funerals.

I do LOVE flowers, though, but glads would not be in my top 10, I'm afraid.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn has tweeted that Duke Admin does not want to investigate complaints about player treatment.
That is hilarious considering every player and person associated with their Lacrosse team was Guilty and Convicted before anyone had a clue what really happened. 150-200 of our finest, "open minded" wonderful "professors at Duke signed a petition to ban the student athletes immediately after Allegations of impropriety. That is an interesting paradox. It is to me anyway!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
who? the people who own fixing this is "everyone else" They want things to change, they need to change things themselves.

Sick indeed...poor them...NOT

I don't know of anyone.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
never been mine. This stems (pardon the pun) from when I worked in a nursing home, we used to get funeral arrangements donated (post funeral) and the majority of them were gladiolas - so I always associated them with funerals.

I do LOVE flowers, though, but glads would not be in my top 10, I'm afraid.

You were never glad to see the glads arrive.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Nobody in his right mind would have touted DD for POY as long as Stewie and KML are able to lace up their sneaks.
You are way off on this one-IMO!!! DD is prolific. She would be right there in the voting. Looked to me like she was really banged up at the end of the season. DD gets to the rim like Stewie. She will be a 20-25 pt per game scorer and be in the running for at least consideration I believe. I don't think she can be so casually dismissed.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Diamond is a much more significant transfer. DeShields would have been a preseason 1st Team-All American and UNC would be a Final Four favorite with her. Without her, they are in the 8-15 range. Jones was expected to take a while to recover, and even with her Duke is only projected to be an 8-15 team. Without her, they'll more than likely fall out of the top 15. DeShields departure makes UNC go from being potentially great to very good, and Jones means Duke will go from good to good/above average.
Analysis is right on- kudos!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You are way off on this one-IMO!!! DD is prolific. She would be right there in the voting. Looked to me like she was really banged up at the end of the season. DD gets to the rim like Stewie. She will be a 20-25 pt per game scorer and be in the running for at least consideration I believe. I don't think she can be so casually dismissed.
she isnt a Huskie so yes she can... :rolleyes:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Emily Waner quit the team midseason (2007-2008) because of McCallie. She started a few games.

Brittany Mitch transferred after one year (2007-2008) because of McCallie. She might have started one or two games.

The exact language is:
"WCBB: Duke's 3rd leading scorer Alexis Jones to Transfer, becomes 5th starter to Leave Program."

Gray, Liston, Peters, and Jackson all graduated. All were starters last year (Jackson moreso after the Jones injury, but she had been a starter in prior years). Unless the author meant it in that context, in which he would *technically* be correct, there have not been five starters to leave the program in recent memory.
Thanks for the info on Waner and Mitch, as I only checked on the recruiting classes that came after JPM arrived. But of course that makes only starters 4 who have left the program in the past 7 years, which seems far less alarming, especially when you consider that there are usually transfers when a new coach arrives. Only 2 starters have left since McCallie's first season at Duke (but both in the past 6 months).

As for your other possible interpretation (that 5 players who have started left last season), that certainly makes the most sense, and it is technically correct, as you pointed out. But given that Mike Flynn made this comment in response to Kelly's post (LINK: "I guess @Duke_WBB admins don't want to investigae complaints about player treatment, duck issue. #victims"), at least Mike Flynn interpreted it the way most of us did, that these starters didn't leave the program due to graduation! I'll bet Kelly's tweet was emphasizing Duke's huge loss of experience, and Flynn used it as an opportunity to take a swipe at McCallie.

Reaction Score
I like Duke WBB also. I do feel sorry for the Duke program and Coach McCallie. They have had a lot injuries, especially the major kind like ACL's. I wish the best for Alexis and Duke too.

Any of you Devil fans know what kind of progress Rebecca Greenwell is making ? I mean she was the # 2
recruit coming out of high school. I always thought she played WAY too much bball. She would finish her
high school season, and go straight to USA BBALL. I think she even played some 3 on 3.

I have been wanting to see her play ever since she signed with Duke, so if anyone has any info on Ms
Greenwell, please post it on the BY.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I like Duke WBB also. I do feel sorry for the Duke program and Coach McCallie. They have had a lot injuries, especially the major kind like ACL's. I wish the best for Alexis and Duke too.

Any of you Devil fans know what kind of progress Rebecca Greenwell is making ? I mean she was the # 2
recruit coming out of high school. I always thought she played WAY too much bball. She would finish her
high school season, and go straight to USA BBALL. I think she even played some 3 on 3.

I have been wanting to see her play ever since she signed with Duke, so if anyone has any info on Ms
Greenwell, please post it on the BY.

According to the Duke site, she is raring to go.

Reaction Score
Thanks Wes. Very informative. If she can stay healthy Duke will have her for 4 more years. I just hate those ACL's that have become so prominent in wcbb. I don't know what to expect from the "new" Rebecca Greenwell, but the "old" Rebecca could light it up from anywhere, and was usually the leading scorer for a loaded Tenn. Flight team. As a matter of fact, I think she was a backup for Kaleena on the USA team that won it all.

Reaction Score
Per SwishAppeal...if I knew how to link on my phone i would, but that information is true...she's headed to Baylor.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Another thread has popped up. There is very little information, just a user post:

Sources: Alexis Jones to transfer to Baylor
+
posted by M Robinson on Jul 07, 2014
swishappeal.com
Alexis Jones has decided to transfer from Duke to Baylor. She will have two years of eligibility remaining. More details to follow.

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc