OT: - Alexa Philippou Joins ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Alexa Philippou Joins ESPN

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's sad the way venture capitalists have no qualms destroying newspapers. The Courant has lost over 40 people in editorial over the last few months and has only made a couple of new hires.
The late Sheldon Addison rescued the Las Vegas Review Journal from financial problems. If it hadn't been for his willingness to lose money because he loved the paper and thought it best that Vegas have it's owner live in the same town it would most likely be shuttered or have a major reduction in staff. He kept the reductions to a lot less than the previous owners were contemplating, thankfully his wife has carried on with the same mindset.

Reaction Score
The late Sheldon Addison rescued the Las Vegas Review Journal from financial problems. If it hadn't been for his willingness to lose money because he loved the paper and thought it best that Vegas have it's owner live in the same town it would most likely be shuttered or have a major reduction in staff. He kept the reductions to a lot less than the previous owners were contemplating, thankfully his wife has carried on with the same mindset.
Then again, since he was making about $23 million a day last time I checked, it could just be that he wanted to influence Nevada politics and it was chump change to him.

Reaction Score
After just reading Michelle's [Voepel] power rankings, I hope she is being moved on.
[via Twitter @DougFeinberg] It's great that @alexaphilippou got hired by @espn as she'll do an awesome job for them. Too bad they didn't want to make this commitment when @grahamhays was let go by the company a year ago.
ESPN needed someone sane to counter the insanity coming from Monica McNutt!
Kudos again to Alexa & ESPN for hiring her. I was also a big Graham Hayes fan-- for both his WBB & USWNT coverage.

Unfortunately, I think far less of Michelle Voepel & Monica McNutt. Former has a clear anti-UConn bias & latter is virtually unwatchable in studio: spastic, mistake-prone, talks over analyst(s), poor elocution.

Reaction Score
Actually if you follow Michelle’s writing’s over the years, not too hard to imagine she has an anti-UCONN bias. She hides it well in professionalism and masked comments/slants. Maybe she’s responding to ESPN drumbeats but really glad Alexa is over there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Alexa had a significant on-air assignment tonight on ESPN Sportscenter reporting on Paige's comeback. No negative UConn Bias on this one. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom