Alex Oriakhi weight loss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alex Oriakhi weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol! Those pictures just confirm to me that jim calhoun was right to have him in the dog house. he was a lazy fat f#%k! Good riddance!

I agree with the lazy and f#%k parts. But not the fat so much......

Reaction Score
What qualifies him as a "great kid"? He left like a jackwad, was lazy (per you); give me the details of the great kid part.

How is he a "great" kid. Because he left a program makes him a bad kid? How about not getting arrested? Helping our APR? Ive met him a handful of times and always really nice. Hey bro its not all about sports. I know you think being a "Great guy" is only playing for Uconn and being a lottery pick. Dude the kid left Uconn big deal. Such a terrible move.

Reaction Score
How is he a "great" kid. Because he left a program makes him a bad kid? How about not getting arrested? Helping our APR? Ive met him a handful of times and always really nice. Hey bro its not all about sports. I know you think being a "Great guy" is only playing for Uconn and being a lottery pick. Dude the kid left Uconn big deal. Such a terrible move.

My problem is him and his dad taking shots at the program and jim calhoun when he left. low class move.

Reaction Score
My problem is him and his dad taking shots at the program and jim calhoun when he left. low class move.

So him taking shots at someone makes him a bad kid? or does it make him immature? I think people forget that theese are young adults with microphones in there faces at times they shouldn't be speaking. Like when there mad or upset about something. His dad on the other hand who know whats wrong with him. I guess hes kind of like the new breed of sports fathers, getting mad when there kids arent the "best" on the team. Lets hope the Big A.O. doesnt get Frank Haith in a headlock and call him a "Mumu"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not that he left, but how he left. No one is dumping on Roscoe, a guy we really could have used this year. The difference is even though he decided that the program wasn't right for him, he decide to dump on it on the way out.

On an unrelated not what's with the jerking the weights? I thought the whole point of weight training was isolated resistance. Am I just behind the times on this?

Reaction Score
So him taking shots at someone makes him a bad kid? or does it make him immature? I think people forget that theese are young adults with microphones in there faces at times they shouldn't be speaking. Like when there mad or upset about something. His dad on the other hand who know whats wrong with him. I guess hes kind of like the new breed of sports fathers, getting mad when there kids arent the "best" on the team. Lets hope the Big A.O. doesnt get Frank Haith in a headlock and call him a "Mumu"

Nowhere in my post did i say he was a bad kid. What i said was i had a problem with the way he left town. Classless!

btw its they`re not there.:p

Reaction Score

Him taking shots at a HOF coach makes him a piece of crap. The coach who helped him get a national championship and then asked him to play better a year later and was called a "mumu" for doing what was right. He all over the program so screw him he's Syracuse to me!! A "great" kid my a**.........

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Alex is not a bad person - I doubt you will ever flip to ESPN.com and see that Alex has gotten himself into any serious trouble. He goes to class, has never eaten a puppy, etc., etc.

He's also a bit of a whiner and a malcontent.

So, he's not a bad kid, but he is an - he'll probably outgrow it, but his father and his sister are also ass holes, so there's a chance it's permanent.

Reaction Score
I just don't get how you can call Alex an "". If anything, he wasn't enough of one. He was a liability on the court last season, and he was a whining bi*ch off it. But he never bashed the program, never treated the fans with anything but respect, and seemed genuinely grateful to be apart of the program (until the very end). We were all singing his praises after the 2010-11 season - and if he returned to UConn for his senior year and produced the numbers he's producing now, we'd be singing his praises again. So yeah, there are certainly justifiable reasons to harp on Alex, or even root against him - but at the end of the day, let's not act like this is about anything other than laundry.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I honestly don't care whether he plays for UConn, Missouri or if he gets eaten by a shark - he was whining, complaining and scapegoating all last season.

He's a bigger Edmund Saunders.

Guys like that are fine when they're being kept in line by a Kemba Walker or Ricky Moore, but when they're not, they're a rotten fish hidden in the locker room. Their egos outrun their ability and their willingness to work and it's everyones' fault but theirs.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
AO should lose another 250 lbs. I'm guessing that's what his father weighs.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care whether he plays for UConn, Missouri or if he gets eaten by a shark - he was whining, complaining and scapegoating all last season.

He's a bigger Edmund Saunders.

Guys like that are fine when they're being kept in line by a Kemba Walker or Ricky Moore, but when they're not, they're a rotten fish hidden in the locker room. Their egos outrun their ability and their willingness to work and it's everyones' fault but theirs.

Edmund....much better player but mentally the same dude.......Edmund was so much better than he gave UConn, his talent was NBA good and he never achieved that dream. Very good comparison but I will say Edmunds abilities on the offensive end were much better and he could have achieved so much more!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oriakhi said, “I feel like I have a little bit of a smart mouth, so my pride gets in the way sometimes … I feel like that little kid who always has to say something back when he's told not to do something. But I promise you I'm working on it.”

Reaction Score
I don't know if there was personnel changeover in the strength/conditioning program between 2004 and now, but Taliek, Ben and Emeka were weight room all-stars. When Ben went to the combines, there was a comment from someone that "his muscles have muscles".

The trick to hoops is you are trying to add stength/muscle while also improving your quickness and vertical - so some fast twitch muscle work and flexibility is needed too, and not always just bulk. I mentioned him before, but a guy like Gavin was stronger in the upper body when he graduated, but also infinitely "springier" than when he came in. I never thought he'd be a shot blocker when he started, but he went from being a below-average athlete (I thought) to a guy who could make plays above the rim.

Pitt has had an impressive track record of breeding quality beef. Winning big games not so much. That doesn't necessarily prove annything - our 2004 team is a good counterpoint of a team of musclemen just destroying teams. But then again, two of our string beaniest guys have rings on their beany fingers, and we won five games in five days with a team that didn't have a lot of bulk.
On Gameday they just did a profile of Kansas's strength & conditioning coach, and it turns out she was at UConn from 1995 until... 2004. Sounds like Lew made the rec to Self.

Reaction Score
That Mizzou strength coach is a complete beast! He looks bigger than Oriahki. Would not want to fight him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom