Alex Officially Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alex Officially Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like AO, but I think it's best for him and the program for him to transfer. He was a huge part of our national championship team last year, but caused a lot of headaches this year both on and off the court.

Reaction Score
i find the timing, not the ultimate decision, a bit odd. i figured he would wait for the ruling. if uconn is granted a waiver, this decision makes no sense at all. unless, of course, he already knows ad is coming back.

the first of many shoes to drop......

Reaction Score
Good luck, thanks for being part of a National Championship run, but if you don't want to be here, then...

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I just don't get all the hate heaping on a great kid, who made a decision we may not agree with but it's his life. His dad is obviously interested in having a school showcase his son for the NBA. Good luck with that.

This really sucks and if anyone on this board thinks we'll be better off next year without Alex they should go see a shrink. This will hurt a LOT next year, ban or no.

Reaction Score
This kid committed to Uconn as a sophomore in high school. It is really, really sad news that he won't be finishing his career at Uconn.

That's what I was thinking.

He was a 3 year starter and an anchor on a NC team. It's not like we're talking about Darius Smith.

I think this news really blows. Friggin APR.

What the hell is with the name calling? Not the greatest type of response.

Reaction Score
It seemed he had his mind made up to transfer the very early in the season and it showed every time he took the court.

Kinda shocking we have players who have been in this program 3 years, have accomplished so much, and yet could so easily want to leave when their individual interests haven't been met. It's very easy to see why the season went so south.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
seems like aos dad is more into him transferring then ao is

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Calhoun put his butt on the bench in an elimination game. The relationship was terminal.

I'm disappointed but nobody should be shocked. He was getting way too much advice from his Dad (an annoying character) and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (a malcontent with an axe to grind).

He showed up not ready to play when the season began. Instead of working harder when JC challenged him, he acted like a spoiled brat. Nobody's so good as to have a starting position handed to him. You have to work for it.

I really do like Alex and I wish a long professional career for him. I think he's got the talent defensively and rebounding-wise and he has a nice stroke. There's no reason he can't be a PJ Brown-type player. But his support system is not a good one and I believe it hurt his career and helped to sabotaged our season.

Reaction Score
I just don't get all the hate heaping on a great kid, who made a decision we may not agree with but it's his life. His dad is obviously interested in having a school showcase his son for the NBA. Good luck with that.

This really sucks and if anyone on this board thinks we'll be better off next year without Alex they should go see a shrink. This will hurt a LOT next year, ban or no.

Disagree ... kid sucked the life out of the team this year

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks Alex for your contribution to the greatest tourney run of all time. I wish you the best. Now please take care of business academically, don't burn any bridges, and leave with class. You might ask your dad to refrain from tweeting commenting on articles, as well. I really want you to remember the best of you.

Reaction Score
Surprising, but not shocking.

Alex - thank you for your hard work getting us the 3rd championship
& Best of Luck to you in the future....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe AO and his pops entered UConn never dreaming he would be a 4 year player. He thought he could handle JC for a couple of years and declare for the draft. Good luck Alex, remember the ball must go over the rim in order to drop through it.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Sad, but everyone will forget about this when Noel gets here.

Reaction Score
besides the fact that Noel eliminated us, lol @ anyone thinking a Tilton kid is going to be lining up to come here after the clusterduck endings to AO & Jamal Coombs-McDaniel careers

Reaction Score
this mean drummond is staying? if not i say we might be royally duck***

Reaction Score
Yah we cant be high on Tilton/BABC kids list. This is really disappointing. I always thought Calhoun was too hard on AO, some kids dont respond to the constant yelling. Best of luck AO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom