Alex Officially Transferring | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Alex Officially Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His statement would only ring true if he waited all the way until April to see if the ban held.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
His statement would only ring true if he waited all the way until April to see if the ban held.

If the truth of the matter is that AO is just too frustrated playing for Calhoun, you can't expect him to actually say that to the media.

Reaction Score
No one knows the relationship between Alex and JC, we only think we know based on what we see during games, If he was my Kid and he was terribly unhappy playing for JC, I might tell him to leave. As a fan I would hope they could work things out, I do know this,,, Alex and his family don't owe us anything, He helped UConn win number 3! That night last year when we were all jumping around in celebration every one of us would have sworn an oath that all these Kids were the greatest.
If he was my kid, any conversations we had on the subject would be private, not splattered all over social media, and any announcements regarding such conversations would have been up to my son. Regardless of the merits of the decision, the way this has been handled by both Alex and his father makes it very difficult not to infer negative character implications. Even now, I am far from a shining example of maturity, yet, by the time I got to college, there was no way my Dad was going to speak for me.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
CBS Sports just put up an article with a quote from Alex himself:

"I loved my time at UConn and have a ton of respect for Coach (Jim) Calhoun and the coaching staff," Oriakhi said "I had the best year of my life last season when we won the national title, but I'm worried about whether I can finish my career and be able to go to the NCAA tournament my senior season."

It sounds like Alex wants to move on and, unlike his father, is doing so diplomatically. When all is said an done, Alex was an integral part of that splendid run and I'll always appreciate him for that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
nice stroke = never (that's not his game)

That's a non sequitur. No, it's not his game. But yes, he has a nice form on his jump shot. He didn't do it often, but when he did shoot from the free throw line, he had a nice stroke. His FT stroke is also pretty good for a big man.

You think Charles Oakley was launching 16-footers in college? You need the form, then you work on consistency and confidence.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll bet you a beer they are NCAA-eligible next year.

Ill buy you 20 to celebrate. I guess it makes sense to stall and screw the kids too. Their usual mo

Reaction Score
Thats what we said in 2011
not me. I figured with Napier and Lamb we had more than enough talent to tide us over. I didn't see us as front runners to repeat but thought we were solid top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom