Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

From the latest Dave Borges article. I am all for him getting an extra semester of practice with the team, but obviously understand if he wants to finish out high school. Would definitely make him more ready for next year kinda like we saw with Akok.

Reaction Score
wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.gif

Reaction Score
Love that the staff sees a huge benefit in doing this. Akok, CF Jr, and potentially Karaban. An extra 6 months learning the system before your true freshman year is huge. That’s the difference between a guy who finds their groove in December vs late February

Reaction Score
Okay someone reply to me and tell me why you would give a single F about staying in high school for 6 extra unnecessary months as opposed to going to UConn 6 months early.

If you don’t agree with me you didn’t go to UConn and don’t appreciate how our players are treated.

Reaction Score
Okay someone reply to me and tell me why you would give a single F about staying in high school for 6 extra unnecessary months as opposed to going to UConn 6 months early.

If you don’t agree with me you didn’t go to UConn and don’t appreciate how our players are treated.
Has nothing to do with not appreciating how UConn players are treated. Some kids want to have the “normal” high school experience and go to their prom, graduation ceremony, win a high school championship, etc. Other kids don’t care about that as much and want to come to campus ASAP. At the end of the day it’s Alex’s decision and it’s up to him to decide what’s best for him. It’s not a one size fits all decision and there’s no right or wrong answer.

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with not appreciating how UConn players are treated. Some kids want to have the “normal” high school experience and go to their prom, graduation ceremony, win a high school championship, etc. Other kids don’t care about that as much and want to come to campus ASAP. At the end of the day it’s Alex’s decision and it’s up to him to decide what’s best for him. It’s not a one size fits all decision and there’s no right or wrong answer.
I attended IMG Academy, he can’t compete for a state title because IMG isn’t allowed in the Florida high school playoffs. Kids in that sports-only school come and go constantly.

I could see him wanting to come early

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So don’t lose six months of playing time in college? It was different last year when everyone got a free year for Covid.

Reaction Score

He already did that stuff last year. IMG is not anything close to a normal school.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I attended IMG Academy, he can’t compete for a state title because IMG isn’t allowed in the Florida high school playoffs. Kids in that sports-only school come and go constantly.

How ct should do it with the privates here.

Reaction Score

He already did that stuff last year. IMG is not anything close to a normal school.
I could see him wanting to come early, too. My point was more I don’t think it has anything to do with not appreciating how UConn players are treated and that he is gonna have to make a decision based on what’s important to him. I personally think it would be fantastic if he came early, but I also don’t think he’s making the wrong choice by waiting until the summer.

Reaction Score
I attended IMG Academy, he can’t compete for a state title because IMG isn’t allowed in the Florida high school playoffs. Kids in that sports-only school come and go constantly
Yeah it's not the true HS experience. What sport did you play?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Since it seems relevant to the thread. Can someone talk me into our strength coach? I'm really not blown away by the change in anyone's bodies like I was constantly with Mike. Our freshmen all look like they're still seniors in high school, save for Corey, who was already jacked.

Reaction Score
Since it seems relevant to the thread. Can someone talk me into our strength coach? I'm really not blown away by the change in anyone's bodies like I was constantly with Mike. Our freshmen all look like they're still seniors in high school, save for Corey, who was already jacked.
I was thinking about that recently. Not about the results in particular, but just that I haven’t really heard anything about the guy whereas Mike was very active on social media. I miss that part of it.

CL82

Reaction Score
You don't lose a year. He'd redshirt in the spring and have 4 years of eligibility starting next fall when he'd be arriving on campus anyway
Can he redshirt? I think for basketball you have to have a medical excuse. Does the four games or less rule only apply to football?

CL82

Reaction Score
He could redshirt. That’s what Floyd is doing and he doesn’t have a medical excuse. It would be the same thing that Akok did when he first joined the program in the winter.
You are correct. See the linked article. I’ve never actually looked up the rules, and I’ve always been a little unsure of them.

Reaction Score

Its all about the chicks. Amirite?!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69