Alex Karaban ….. | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban …..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alex and Donovan get the benefit of having their offense created for them. Guys like Newton/Hawkins/Sanogo/Jackson have to create their own shot, or a shot for others. It’s much harder to do the latter. But Alex and Donovan are very good shot makers in their roles.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Clingan averaging 20 plus. We would be better. I agree.
I'm really interested in what happens if Samson looks good and ready. You'll have a great rotation of 4 bigs with Sanogo, Karaban, Clingan, and Samson but how do you work that rotation and juggle those minutes. I love having real depth but it's also important to have a set rotation as you head towards postseason play, good problem to have though.

Wednesday's game kind of feels like it will tell us if this is still a team that can do major damage and go on some sort of a run or if the season will be disappointing. Never want to put too much importance on a regular season game but that's how it feels to me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Alex and Donovan get the benefit of having their offense created for them. Guys like Newton/Hawkins/Sanogo/Jackson have to create their own shot, or a shot for others. It’s much harder to do the latter. But Alex and Donovan are very good shot makers in their roles.

Alex can’t really create his own shot, true, but he absolutely creates shots for others.including three you mentioned.

Reaction Score
He’s a really underrated freshman, and with all the minutes he gets he’s getting tons of experience early in his college career. He’s one of the most productive freshman we’ve had in a while. Besides scoring he also moves very well without the ball and really understands the game. I’d like to see him gain some muscle and work on his defense. He may not have the highest ceiling, but he’s going to be really, really good for UConn (likely for four years).

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of players who know their role and do it really well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alex can’t really create his own shot, true, but he absolutely creates shots for others.including three you mentioned.
His post entry stuff is good. But he’s not doing much else in the realm of creation consistently. I’m looking forward to sophomore jacked Alex showing off that post/driving ability he had in high school. But I don’t think we run enough through him yet to say he’s our best player, especially with the defensive struggles.

Reaction Score
His defense has made this narrative come to life.

He’s no longer a major liability on that side of the floor.

Kudos to the coaching staff for figuring it out With him so quickly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At this point of year almost to February with our team’s mercurial highs and lows I consider consistent=best.

That’s my main thrust here.
Most consistent on the offensive end maybe? But the numbers don’t support that. But against good 4s he’s still been a problem on the defensive end, so definitely not our best player. Certainly an encouraging freshman season.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
….. is our best player this season. The jury is in.
My sister's all in...
Screenshot_20230122-154344.png

Reaction Score
Donovan was a serious factor grabbing rebounds in this game, that hasn't changed even in the defeats we've had. His offense needs to slow down and it should with more court time. We have two great freshmen! What a nice foundation going forward.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm really interested in what happens if Samson looks good and ready. You'll have a great rotation of 4 bigs with Sanogo, Karaban, Clingan, and Samson but how do you work that rotation and juggle those minutes. I love having real depth but it's also important to have a set rotation as you head towards postseason play, good problem to have though.

Wednesday's game kind of feels like it will tell us if this is still a team that can do major damage and go on some sort of a run or if the season will be disappointing. Never want to put too much importance on a regular season game but that's how it feels to me.

That’s easy, karaban rotates to the 3. and eats alleyne’s ( and a couple other guards through trickle down) minutes. It would just shift the guard rotations. And defensive matchups would dictate.

That being said, I’m skeptical we get real useful minutes out of Johnson this year. If we do though, that’s a good problem to have and easily addressed.

August_West

Reaction Score
Most consistent on the offensive end maybe? But the numbers don’t support that. But against good 4s he’s still been a problem on the defensive end, so definitely not our best player. Certainly an encouraging freshman season.
What numbers you looking at that don’t support it? Only Donovan and Adama have higher shooting % and decent benchmark for 5’s is 60%.

What’s your argument offensively?

Reaction Score
Karaban is def a top 3-4 player for us, arguably the most consistent, and has a VERY bright future.

Sanogo is our best player. With all the frustrations these past few weeks we can't lose sight of that. If he didn't draw as much attention as he does he'd easily be averaging 20 pts a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom