Aldo vs. McGregor | The Boneyard

Aldo vs. McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to this. I'm hardly a UFC expert, but I enjoy the * out of it. I've never seen Aldo fight so a prediction by me is pretty pointless. I saw the last McGregor fight and thought the fight was pretty average. Who wins?

Reaction Score
Looking forward to this. I'm hardly a UFC expert, but I enjoy the * out of it. I've never seen Aldo fight so a prediction by me is pretty pointless. I saw the last McGregor fight and thought the fight was pretty average. Who wins?

This is a scary fight to pick. Aldo won't take mcgregor down so expect it to be an intense first round. Will mcgregor come out and disrespect Aldo's standup by taunting him, dropping his hands etc? Or will Aldo outclass mcgregor with his speed ?

I'm picking mcgregor in 4. The reason is Aldo has a habit of slowing down in fights and Connor will turn the corner in the fourth and tko him.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
y'all are crazy, watch some Aldo on YouTube, McGregor doesn't have his skills. Aldo is "pound for pound" status

I take Aldo all day

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
Yea I'm taking Aldo as well, but it is a tough pick. Could go either way.

Reaction Score
Aldo much more skilled but McGregor is a pure beast. Type of fight I wouldn’t bet on. Should be a good one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The fight is exciting because Aldo has a much more diverse skill set and has been in this moment.
On the other hand, McGregor is a beast and still learning. He seems to relish the moment.

For historical purposes this could be like Hughes vs. St. Pierre I. Hughes won but you had a feeling that by the time there was a rematch St. Pierre was going to be much better.
In this case Aldo is Hughes and McGregor is St. Pierre.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
McGregor has good striking skills. Aldo might not be quite as refined but his kicks are absolutely lethal. If McGregor doesn't check leg kicks effectively he'll be fighting on one leg by the second round. The best way to beat Aldo is to get him on the ground. That's not Conor's game. Aldo in 3, TKO.

Reactions: THC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, uh, McGregor's salary per hour of fighting is pretty impressive.

Train for six months for 10 seconds of work.

Reaction Score
Yeah Aldo ran into a pretty well timed punch.

That being said - he doesn't this would probably have been a 3-4 round crucifixion. Aldo's skills are so far past MacGregor's it's almost hard to communicate, but that's MMA man. 4 gloves and one shot like that does it.

That being said - I'm not sure what'd be more entertaining - MacGregor's smack talk leading up to a rematch or Dana White trying to explain away why Ronda Rousey - who got torn up body part by body part for 2 rounds - deserves an immediate rematch with Holly Holm (OK - HOlly has to disrupt her schedule for 14 months while Ronda's face resets) but Aldo doesn't with Conor.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah Aldo ran into a pretty well timed punch.

That being said - he doesn't this would probably have been a 3-4 round crucifixion. Aldo's skills are so far past MacGregor's it's almost hard to communicate, but that's MMA man. 4 gloves and one shot like that does it.

That being said - I'm not sure what'd be more entertaining - MacGregor's smack talk leading up to a rematch or Dana White trying to explain away why Ronda Rousey - who got torn up body part by body part for 2 rounds - deserves an immediate rematch with Holly Holm (OK - HOlly has to disrupt her schedule for 14 months while Ronda's face resets) but Aldo doesn't with Conor.

I'm not sure how old you are but I was 16-18yo when Tyson was beating people in under 90 seconds and we ate that up. Everyone loves the dude who backs up the smack talk.

I just hope the young McGregor fans realize there's a Buster Douglas out there somewhere.

That being said.

Reaction Score
MacGregor is Tyson now? Jeez.

Not sure we can go there quite yet. Unorthodox fighter with precision - but you know who else fit that bill and knocked out a lot of PFP top guys past their prime? Lyoto Machida. He didn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom