Alabama Begging for 2015 Opponent | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Alabama Begging for 2015 Opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exactly, we just follow the same template with Bama. They are desperate for game like Michigan was. Make the same deal. Maybe we make the the return game at Yankee Stadium. But a one-off, no.

YESSSSS, our new home away from home, Yankee Stadium. They may not bite, but playing in NYC has to be considered at much higher level than East Hartford. To me, playing in NYC is one of keys in getting this UConn program back on their feet.

Reaction Score
Isn't 2015 where Tennessee left a hole in our schedule? The question, is not if Warde's been on the phone yet, it's what he's been doing to get a return game at say - Yankee Stadium - for UCONN going to Tuscaloosa.

Hell, nevermind dangling that first, if they're that desperate, go all in for the home and home at Rentschler.
Playing High profile games in NYC or Boston ,with the accompanying media hype is our ticket to the Big time. If we could hang.
We're in the dating stage . After we're married we have home and homes in a 60,00 seat CT stadium.

Reaction Score
It appears the leading candidate to land the game is Cincy. Apparently, the AD at Bama has heard of Cincy :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It appears the leading candidate to land the game is Cincy. Apparently, the AD at Bama has heard of Cincy :rolleyes:

Really, Link? That'd be good for the conference, but also very annoying as a UConn fan.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would sign up for a one-off road game with Alabama right friggin' now. I'm 100% with J187Money: you gain in popularity by playing the top competition. If the only way to play the best program in college football is to do it on the road, then do it. I would buy my tickets and book a flight tomorrow to watch this and I'm 99.99% sure that we will lose that game rather handily (the other .01% thinks we would lose a close game). Just like J187Money said, that Notre Dame game was one I'll never forget. I also will never forget going to the Big House even though we were abused by Denard Robinson. Whenever you can play a high profile program, you do it. Case closed. The worst thing that can happen is we lose the game. But the positives far outweigh the negatives, such as if UCONN can bring a strong showing down there. Even if we lost the game, we would win in the court of CR public opinion in SEC country. PLAY THE GAME!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/06/alabama-cincinnati-discussing-future-football-games/

I swear to God if they get a home and home with Bama I will kill myself

I won't kill myself, but I'd be really upset. I would guess that OH recruiting may be of some value to Alabama but I wouldn't think it would be that much (enough to play a road game at small Nippert). Maybe they'd move the game to Paul Bryant, who knows. But Alabama can recruit anywhere. They have Nick Saban. Kids on small Pacific islands would recognize Nick Saban if he walked into their living room.

I hope Warde has been on the horn and offered a one off road game OR a 1 road game and 1 neutral NYC game to help Bama expand their reach. They are never coming to the Rent, but the lure of playing in NYC might be of interest to them.

Reaction Score
I could see this happening, although i would expect it to be played at Bengals stadium - a chance to take on Tommy T., again, a chance to play in Urban's backyard, and a recruiting trip to fertile OH.

I just dont see what we offer Bama to come up to CT (or NY or MA). I would sign up for a 1 and done at their place. I really believe we need to be of the mindset that we will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Even if it means less home games. We just need to become relevant again in a P5 world.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Dooley meant Paul Brown, not Paul Bryant but if it means landing Bama as a visitor perhaps the city of Cincinnati will be willing to change the stadium's name. Hell, I'll start the petition to rename the Rent if it will bring Bama in for a visit.

One thing that Cincy does have in their favor is the local HS talent. This will bring a stray visit from a name opponent who normally wouldn't give them a second look. We do not have that going for us so we need to offer perks.

I personally would love to hear that we at least tried but I will not be too upset as our current head coach may be waiting to actually see his team play a game or two before determining when the time is right to set up one off games against schools like Alabama.

Reaction Score
They don't want to take the higher chance of losing at Michigan State.
My fuggging Lord. If you ever wanted a reason to really understand why this "collegiate" model needs to be blown up to pieces look no further than those quotes from Saban. This model is about nothing more than cutthroat business designed to make money for the schools. Saban basically said it's better for alabama to get paid twice than for MSU and us to each get paid once. In other words, the more my school makes the more they can pay me. God I hate the greed that has overtaken college athletics and the NCAA lawyers talk about the players sense of entitlement. Disgusted.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Dooley meant Paul Brown, not Paul Bryant but if it means landing Bama as a visitor perhaps the city of Cincinnati will be willing to change the stadium's name. Hell, I'll start the petition to rename the Rent if it will bring Bama in for a visit.

Why don't we rename the Rent Schick Stadium. Schick/Gillette, they might not know there is any difference.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Pope will visit the Rent before Bama does. That said, I would go down there for one game.

Just keep His Holiness away from the huddle! Otherwise, Susan Herbst may have to force his resignation...

Reaction Score
My fuggging Lord. If you ever wanted a reason to really understand why this "collegiate" model needs to be blown up to pieces look no further than those quotes from Saban. This model is about nothing more than cutthroat business designed to make money for the schools. Saban basically said it's better for alabama to get paid twice than for MSU and us to each get paid once. In other words, the more my school makes the more they can pay me. God I hate the greed that has overtaken college athletics and the NCAA lawyers talk about the players sense of entitlement. Disgusted.

Hell, leave Saban alone. He's a putz, but at least he's being honest. I'll bet a bunch of college Presidents called on Saban's boss to equip him with a muzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom