Al Golden rumored to have been offered HC position with Penn State | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Al Golden rumored to have been offered HC position with Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't like Golden, but if they ended up with Munchak it would not be a failure at all. Munchak has reportedly told them he is looking at an NFL position.
...and doesn't Munchak's saying that to PSU, tell them just how interested he is in becoming their coach?!? If he was seriously interested in returning to Happy Valley to coach his alma mater...why would he ever say that?

Reaction Score
...and doesn't Munchak's saying that to PSU, tell them just how interested he is in becoming their coach?!? If he was seriously interested in returning to Happy Valley to coach his alma mater...why would he ever say that?

He was with one organization in the NFL for over 30 years. He is an NFL lifer.

Reaction Score
He was with one organization in the NFL for over 30 years. He is an NFL lifer.
It sure looks that way. But if so, why would he have interviewed with them and then almost told them that they are his "backup" plan? :confused:

Reaction Score
It sure looks that way. But if so, why would he have interviewed with them and then almost told them that they are his "backup" plan? :confused:

Before the scandal, before Paterno died, Paterno wanted to hand the reins over to him, and he said no. It was only AFTER Paterno talked to Munchak that Paterno contacted Urban Meyer.

Reaction Score
I don't like Golden, but if they ended up with Munchak it would not be a failure at all. Munchak has reportedly told them he is looking at an NFL position.

How can you say that? I have coached as many college games as Munchak has. If he's an NFL lifer, why would you think he'd make a good PSU HC?

Reaction Score
How come we aren't seeing Shady's name bounced around for any jobs? Could ESPN be his next stop until Coach Flood get's canned and Shady is the next Petrino type hire at Rutgers?

I wish Coach Flood, the poster, was able to respond. Actually...no I don't. :cool:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
How come we aren't seeing Shady's name bounced around for any jobs? Could ESPN be his next stop until Coach Flood get's canned and Shady is the next Petrino type hire at Rutgers?

I wish Coach Flood, the poster, was able to respond. Actually...no I don't. :cool:
I remember hearing on WFAN last week that rivals.com was reporting Shady was interested in the PSU position. I'm sure the overwhelming positive response has made him keep his head down since that time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I remember hearing on WFAN last week that rivals.com was reporting Shady was interested in the PSU position. I'm sure the overwhelming positive response has made him keep his head down since that time.
Well Franklin wanted it more. He was on the phone and pounding the pavement, while Schiano was in the U.S. Virgin Islands sipping mai tais.

Oh, wait you mean there needs to be mutual interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom