Al Golden rumored to have been offered HC position with Penn State | The Boneyard

Al Golden rumored to have been offered HC position with Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is all transpiring like I thought it might.....Golden to PSU and Schiano to Miami.

Golden is a good fit for them.

Reaction Score
johnclarknbc106:16pm via Twitter for iPhone
A source tells me Penn State search committee will travel tomorrow to meet with Al Golden. Were going to today but postponed because of snow

That's interesting...I wonder which source is accurate.

January 3, 2014

Ball in Al's Court: Penn State Offers Golden Job

Gary Ferman
CaneSport.com

After days of speculation, CaneSport has confirmed that Al Golden has been offered the Head Coaching job at Penn State and is likely to take it.

Reaction Score
That's interesting...I wonder which source is accurate.

January 3, 2014

Ball in Al's Court: Penn State Offers Golden Job

Gary Ferman
CaneSport.com

After days of speculation, CaneSport has confirmed that Al Golden has been offered the Head Coaching job at Penn State and is likely to take it.

Maybe the Skyped!

Reaction Score
Most PSU fans would rather have Franklin. The people with the best sources following the team have contradictory info. Some say Golden, some others are adamant that no offer has been made, and that Franklin has an interview Monday. It's essentially the #1 reporter following the team versus the BWI board owner. Someone is being lied to, and I'm thinking it's the reporter.

Munchak took himself out of consideration. He's been with the same NFL organization for over 30 years. He is set in his ways. Franklin and Golden make the most sense. I would go with the up and comer Franklin. He's also from the area where football is strongest in PA.

Reaction Score
Most PSU fans would rather have Franklin. The people with the best sources following the team have contradictory info. Some say Golden, some others are adamant that no offer has been made, and that Franklin has an interview Monday. It's essentially the #1 reporter following the team versus the BWI board owner. Someone is being lied to, and I'm thinking it's the reporter.

Munchak took himself out of consideration. He's been with the same NFL organization for over 30 years. He is set in his ways. Franklin and Golden make the most sense. I would go with the up and comer Franklin. He's also from the area where football is strongest in PA.
One of my friends in PA has an in on the BOT at PSU (the "in" is a state Senator and a PSU grad who is trying to reform/clean-up the BOT and actually may be making headway...I met the guy at my buddies wedding this past year). He told my friend that these are the top 2 choices....and that Franklin would be the better choice. PSU really needs to get the President/Ad situation squared away

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Golden is a decent to good coach. I view Franklin as someone who could be GREAT at the right job, along the lines of a Brian Kelly good. Just a wonderful coach. I'm shocked UT would go Strong over him to be honest.

Reaction Score
Golden is a decent to good coach. I view Franklin as someone who could be GREAT at the right job, along the lines of a Brian Kelly good. Just a wonderful coach. I'm shocked UT would go Strong over him to be honest.
It still amazes me that Maryland had Franklin on their staff as OC and "head-coach-in-waiting" prior to hiring Edsall. What a huge oversight by Kevin Anderson! To my knowledge, he barely considered Franklin, if at all, when embarking on his HC search. I'm sure part of it was that as the new AD, he wanted to bring in "his guy"...in part to justify his own hiring. However, as Franklin's star continues to rise, I imagine Anderson's oversight is not being forgotten in MD.

Reaction Score
It still amazes me that Maryland had Franklin on their staff as OC and "head-coach-in-waiting" prior to hiring Edsall. What a huge oversight by Kevin Anderson! To my knowledge, he barely considered Franklin, if at all, when embarking on his HC search. I'm sure part of it was that as the new AD, he wanted to bring in "his guy"...in part to justify his own hiring. However, as Franklin's star continues to rise, I imagine Anderson's oversight is not being forgotten in MD.
Yeah, it pisses their fans off to no end, that they let him go to bring in Rangoon, as they call him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it pisses their fans off to no end, that they let him go to bring in Rangoon, as they call him.
If Franklin lands either the Texas or Penn State HC gig, I would expect MD's fans to become increasingly impatient with both Edsall and Anderson. That could be especially so as they begin to feel the pain of their new B1G schedule next season.

Reaction Score

Careful, there are people here that will look you in the eye and tell you with a straight face that Rangoon is better than Franklin.

Reaction Score
Careful, there are people here that will look you in the eye and tell you with a straight face that Rangoon is better than Franklin.

You really got to give it a rest. We've moved past our differences during the Edsall days and I'm glad we did. Being one of Edsall's biggest apologista's I can tell you right now Franklin is a much better coach and there is not one person on this board who can back up a claim Edsall is better than Franklin so they would never make that comment.

We or should I say you, gotta move on.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is all transpiring like I thought it might.....Golden to PSU and Schiano to Miami.

Golden is a good fit for them.

Or...Golden to PSU, Franklin to Miami and Schiano to Louisville.

I think Franklin is the best coach of the three.

Reaction Score
“@schadjoe: Miami coach Al Golden announces he will stay and not head to Penn State.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom