Akoy Agau Post Grad Transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akoy Agau Post Grad Transfer

Reaction Score
All true. But it also exemplifies the over reaction of this board. Say what you want, but the three transfers were marginal players at best. In other words, they can all be replaced in mid may. That says it all. Truth is, on the court Vance was a decent role player. The other two weren't even that.

The reaction was warranted and the off-season can still be a catastrophe if we don't land these kids. They are all replaceable but we still need to seal the deal. Too much remains to be seen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd wait until the recruits turn into students. Replacing everything lost is going to be incredibly difficult for this upcoming season. Waters and Whaley would help a lot, but we still need more to get back to 100%.

Reaction Score
I disagree there. Not on the Vance issue, but those other 2 kids had the most potential on the roster. It may likely never pan out for them, but what I saw in that South Florida blowout with them on the floor for extended minutes.. I understand it was a massacre and had devolved into a pickup game... But Enoch and Durham showed out.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people looking at Enoch and especially Durham's production in a vacuum are shortsighted on this one. Even if you were to give each of them a 25% chance of panning out next season, that still gives us almost a 50% chance of one of them becoming a factor in what is an extremely thin front court.

I've said this a thousand times before but it is worth repeating again: upperclassmen are much better at college basketball than underclassmen. It's simple and obvious but true. There is a certain growth expectancy that we lost along with these two players - in addition to Vance - that is not going to be replaced simply by crunching numbers. MAL, on the other hand, I am less concerned with, if only because we have two stud underclassmen guards - Gilbert and Vital - who should be around for a while, in addition to hopefully Tremont. We need another one, yes, but it isn't an area of urgent need.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people looking at Enoch and especially Durham's production in a vacuum are shortsighted on this one. Even if you were to give each of them a 25% chance of panning out next season, that still gives us almost a 50% chance of one of them becoming a factor in what is an extremely thin front court.

I've said this a thousand times before but it is worth repeating again: upperclassmen are much better at college basketball than underclassmen. It's simple and obvious but true.
Was Brimah better? This idea that Enoch will develop is hilarious.

Reaction Score

I think he was correct in using those percentages on potential help, not saying either were definite in being an impact. I'm sure everyone is in the same boat had they stayed, holding out hope that one of the 2 would improve enough to give minutes that would help the guards and Larrier be the players we need them to be. Good news is if we land a guy like Agau or Rooks we are better that they left then.

Reaction Score
First update I've seen about Agau since he announced his transfer. Doesn't seem like we're involved. SMU, Maryland, and Northwestern in the mix.

Reaction Score
Would have been nice, but with Whaley looking like he's gonna commit tomorrow and a 50/50 shot at the UMass kid I think we should be fine

Reaction Score
Would have been nice, but with Whaley looking like he's gonna commit tomorrow and a 50/50 shot at the UMass kid I think we should be fine

It's uncertain whether Whaley moves the needle at all year one and the UMass kid would have to sit for a year. I just can't mince words on this one, the staff needs to come up with somebody who can play a significant role immediately in the front court or they just didn't get it done. That was the biggest priority this off-season and it remains that way.

C

Chief00

LOL - Fortunately, not everyone develops as poorly as Brimah. He should not be our standard despite KO inexplicitedly making him a Captain his Sophmore year.

Reaction Score
It's uncertain whether Whaley moves the needle at all year one and the UMass kid would have to sit for a year. I just can't mince words on this one, the staff needs to come up with somebody who can play a significant role immediately in the front court or they just didn't get it done. That was the biggest priority this off-season and it remains that way.
Yeah I get that, I just think at this point the frontcourt is a sunk cost. It's gonna be the weak link next year regardless so it's just as important to keep our options open for 2018. Not that I agree with the staff, but it appears that they're far more comfortable with the frontcourt for next year than I am

Reaction Score
Yeah I get that, I just think at this point the frontcourt is a sunk cost. It's gonna be the weak link next year regardless so it's just as important to keep our options open for 2018. Not that I agree with the staff, but it appears that they're far more comfortable with the frontcourt for next year than I am

That's my biggest hope at this point, that the staff knows something we don't about Diarra, Carlton, etc.

Reaction Score
That's my biggest hope at this point, that the staff knows something we don't about Diarra, Carlton, etc.
There's no logical reason for me to think that other than blind optimism at this point, but here I am hoping

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
LOL - Fortunately, not everyone develops as poorly as Brimah. He should not be our standard despite KO inexplicitedly making him a Captain his Sophmore year.
First of all, how did "inexplicitexly" get past autocorrect?
To answer your question, St Joe's.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
A 15mpg/4ppg/4rpg would be a decent replacement for the AAC POY?
Perhaps. It's not like Ojeyele was putting up huge numbers before coming to SMU.

There's a lot of guys out there who have talent but ended up in bad situations for one reason or another. Agau may very well be one, just as Ojeyele was before him.

Reaction Score
A 15mpg/4ppg/4rpg would be a decent replacement for the AAC POY?
For what's available on May 12th, absolutely. Experienced kid with some talent who is immediately eligible, getting coached by a far better staff with an elite guard in Milton getting him the ball in favorable positions and receiving most defensive pressure. Is he going to be Ojeleye? No. Would he be a decent replacement given the circumstances? Surely

Reaction Score
For what's available on May 12th, absolutely. Experienced kid with some talent who is immediately eligible, getting coached by a far better staff with an elite guard in Milton getting him the ball in favorable positions and receiving most defensive pressure. Is he going to be Ojeleye? No. Would he be a decent replacement given the circumstances? Surely
Wouldn't really put those names in the same sentence, extremely tough to buy, sorry, just the truth.

Just be happy if your them to get another decent athlete and player, has nothing to do with Ojeleye.

Reaction Score
Perhaps. It's not like Ojeyele was putting up huge numbers before coming to SMU.

There's a lot of guys out there who have talent but ended up in bad situations for one reason or another. Agau may very well be one, just as Ojeyele was before him.

I mean, I guess, but you could say that about any player. Ojeleye played less than 200 minutes for a couple of really good Duke teams before leaving six games into his sophomore year. Agau started playing college ball almost four years ago, will be on his third school, and played 15 minutes per game for a bad Georgetown team.

Not to mention, their games aren't similar - Ojeleye is a high usage guy who can take you off the bounce and step out to three point range while Agau is mainly a lunch pail guy. To me, SMU's best bet is that Agau becomes a Ben Moore type player if he goes there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom