Akoy Agau Post Grad Transfer | The Boneyard

Akoy Agau Post Grad Transfer

Reaction Score
No idea if we're on him but Akoy Agau was granted release from Georgetown. He's a post-grad transfer and can play immediately; one year left. He was class of 2013 and at the time was a 4-star PF. Doesn't look like he did a whole lot at Georgetown but big(ger) body immediately available sounds like a need to me.

and for those who like some tea leaves on a Tuesday afternoon, KO follows him on Twitter.

Reaction Score
He's ok not bad at all, especially in this situation. Pretty big guy too from what I do remember.

Reaction Score
Don't remember ever seeing him play, but Georgetown had some nice talent in front of him. In other words, he may be a great fit here.

Reaction Score
I just did a little digging on this guy. He apparently signed with Louisville, played less than 11 minutes for them, and transferred to Georgetown. JC offered him during his original recruitment and we seem to have been a contender (which ultimately ended with Louisville) but maybe not when he transferred. In any case, we have a history here.

Reaction Score
Getting another player with 2 years of eligibility left would be nice. Assuming Adams and Larrier leave next year (which seems likely but who knows what happens) we only have Cobb as a senior in 2018. Would help balance out the scholarship distribution. At the very least if we show interest I think that would indicate the feeling of at least one of JA/TL leaving is in the back of KO's mind

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
he's from Omaha originally and I would expect Tim Miles at Nebraska to do everything in his power to bring him home. They need a big in the worst way. Not that we don't because we obviously do I just know they have the scholarships to do it and they need him.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Getting another player with 2 years of eligibility left would be nice. Assuming Adams and Larrier leave next year (which seems likely but who knows what happens) we only have Cobb as a senior in 2018. Would help balance out the scholarship distribution. At the very least if we show interest I think that would indicate the feeling of at least one of JA/TL leaving is in the back of KO's mind
Or it indicates that we have 4 scholarships to fill and we will take anyone and everyone.

But I agree, this is perfect. 2 years and I'm assuming he doesn't have to sit out if he graduated?

Reaction Score
Or it indicates that we have 4 scholarships to fill and we will take anyone and everyone.

But I agree, this is perfect. 2 years and I'm assuming he doesn't have to sit out if he graduated?
Yeah there's also the part where I assume we take anyone who can play and wants to be here. And yes, he'd be eligible to play immediately

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one to remember this recruitment. He hasn't exactly panned out but 2 years is a good thing IMO. I for one would like to at least have 1 SR. on the '18 team.

Edit - forgot about Cobb.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing we'd take him just from his 2013 mixtape, 4 years later? No doubter and look at his updated pictures strong looking kid. Lost time to many decent players and still got 5/5 basically. mature experienced "big" I'm all in - please! And I do remember this kid doing a couple things against us which made me wonder who he was. Not spectacular but it was physical or athletic from what I remember, and I know I said "why can't we have a guy like this" to my brother. Not saying he's the answer but he's a piece if they can fulfill his "dream."

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
He is big and he rebounds and dunks. Can shoot free throws (57 of 67 last year, 85%), rebound rate was 11.5 per 40 minutes which is creditable. Big men are slow to develop and we'd be getting his best years. Sort of at Enoch's level but with defense and offense swapped - that actually may fit UConn's needs better. I'd be delighted to get him.

Reaction Score
He is big and he rebounds and dunks. Can shoot free throws (57 of 67 last year, 85%), rebound rate was 11.5 per 40 minutes which is creditable. Big men are slow to develop and we'd be getting his best years. Sort of at Enoch's level but with defense and offense swapped - that actually may fit UConn's needs better. I'd be delighted to get him.
They are saying we are his dream school + offer + playing time + move Larrier to shooting Forward = we'd be in business boys

Reaction Score
So he spent 2 years at L'Ville.... 1 year was a redshirt (believe his 2nd year). Transferred to GTown. Sat out a year @ GTown. Played 1 year @ GTown (this past year). That's 4 years of college. 2 Years left of eligibility. Not sure what he's looking for. GTown has a lot of turnover too (not that haven't). Would he get more minutes next year @ GTown or UConn? This is interesting & I'm not sure how this will play out.... Stay tuned! ;-)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We could assemble the best Georgetown team since the 80s next year!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This seems like a no-brainer for both sides.

We need players, he is a player, we need players, we need players and we need a few players.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
How awesome is it were gonna steal both Akoy Agau and Tremont Waters from Georgetown

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He brings size, decent rebounder and can hit a foul shot.

Reaction Score
This would not be a small deal. In addition to what pj said, he can pass a little bit (2.3 assists per 40). We haven't had that from a big in forever.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, although he's been around the block a little bit, he's still played less than 600 minutes in his career. He was a solid piece for Georgetown last season and there is reason to think he can be more than that moving forward.

I think he would raise the ceiling of next years team considerably and honestly, I would rather have this kid than Enoch given the choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom