Akok Officially Enrolling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Officially Enrolling

Reaction Score
I’m sure that Akok has to have a qualifying SAT score to be eligible to play this semester, and that hasn’t been reported.

All this talk about whether he should or shouldn’t play this semester is moot. He can’t play without qualifying, so he’s not playing.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I’m sure that Akok has to have a qualifying SAT score to be eligible to play this semester, and that hasn’t been reported.

All this talk about whether he should or shouldn’t play this semester is moot. He can’t play without qualifying, so he’s not playing.
This is irrelevant. They do not have the scholarship to give him, even if someone were to leave they still count. He cannot walk on because he was a recruited player. His scores and grades are basically irrelevant. He cannot play this semester because there isn't a spot for him.

Reaction Score

You got it all wrong. He was never playing this season because he doesn't have a scholarship.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait Akok is enrolling at UConn? Who knew?

Geesh, let this thread die an honorable death. There's plenty of time to talk about this kid over the summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You got it all wrong. He was never playing this season because he doesn't have a scholarship.

Not sure I agree. He enrolled, so not having a scholarship doesn’t prevent him from playing as a walk on this semester.
So something must be preventing him and it seems logical that it’s not getting a qualifying SAT score.
After all, what would be the point of him taking SATs if he had no plan to play this semester?
Am I missing something? Probably. Does he need a minimum score just to practice with the team? I don’t know.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree. He enrolled, so not having a scholarship doesn’t prevent him from playing as a walk on this semester.
So something must be preventing him and it seems logical that it’s not getting a qualifying SAT score.
After all, what would be the point of him taking SATs if he had no plan to play this semester?
Am I missing something? Probably. Does he need a minimum score just to practice with the team? I don’t know.

I think the rule is: because he was a recruited player, he cannot walk on the team. Otherwise, teams would be stuffing players in the back end this way all the time.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="KembaStepback, post: 2996004, member: 5881"He cannot walk on because he was a recruited player..[/QUOTE]

Anyone else know if this is true? Have never heard of such a thing. So every walk-on, on every team, has never been “recruited”? What does that mean? Offered a scholarship?

Reaction Score
Anyone else know if this is true? Have never heard of such a thing. So every walk-on, on every team, has never been “recruited”? What does that mean? Offered a scholarship?
At the time, there was speculation that Drummond would pay his own way and play as a walk-on, but because he had been recruited, this was ruled out by school officials. However, after continuing to study the situation, it was determined that it was possible.

"A recruited player can pay his own way as long as all aid he receives is non-institutional," Muncy said.

UConn Says It Thoroughly Vetted Walk-On Status For Drummond

Essentially, Akok couldn't get UConn financial aid and walk on. He also can't get booster financial aid.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
oooohhh lets speculate on whats preventing him!!

Reaction Score
This is irrelevant. They do not have the scholarship to give him, even if someone were to leave they still count. He cannot walk on because he was a recruited player.
If this were the case, there would be no reason for him to enroll at this point. If he cannot walk on he can not participate in basketball activities in a player capacity. Couldn't practice, couldn't work out with Alosi. Why would he pay out of pocket to be a regular student if he's planning to go pro before finishing his degree anyhow? There's an easy loophole assuming they only ever technically offered him for 2019-2020.

Reaction Score
Otherwise, teams would be stuffing players in the back end this way all the time.
1f4dbb9ae64ffebd3fcedf9b63075fc2.gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If this were the case, there would be no reason for him to enroll at this point. If he cannot walk on he can not participate in basketball activities in a player capacity. Couldn't practice, couldn't work out with Alosi. Why would he pay out of pocket to be a regular student if he's planning to go pro before finishing his degree anyhow? There's an easy loophole assuming they only ever technically offered him for 2019-2020.

What he means is he's not eligible to play. He can walk on and be a practice body no problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom