Akok enters the portal | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Akok enters the portal

Reaction Score
Another twisted perspective. I was the one who said 23 is still young. And I didn't say it was young for college basketball. He can still develop. To counter that meant he can't. Ridiculous.
This will be my last post because you have to be intentionally missing the point now.

I understand you said 23 is still young, nobody is arguing that. All I'm saying is you took a post calling 23 old for college basketball, which it objectively is, and added a bunch of implied meaning to it. Just found it ironic while you complained about people twisting your words

Reaction Score
This will be my last post because you have to be intentionally missing the point now.

I understand you said 23 is still young, nobody is arguing that. All I'm saying is you took a post calling 23 old for college basketball, which it objective is, and added a bunch of implied meaning to it. Just found it ironic while you complained about people twisting your words
Wrong.

He responded to me.

Go back into the thread.

It's not hard to do.

The logic is clear. I said Akok is young he can still develop. The poster then said this was preposterous that 23 is very old for college basketball. I wrote, so this means his development is over?

This is pretty clear in the sequence.

I did not take a post saying 23 is old for college basketball and simply jump to conclusions. That post was in response to me saying 23 is young and there is more development ahead.

Reaction Score
That's young. Especially for a kid who has spent 2 years coming back from injury/covid.
Don't move the goal posts now... 23 is old for a college basketball player and it seems like Akok has issues bulking up so he will continue to get bullied by stronger players on D which makes him a liability.
Never said that. Can Akok put on 30 pounds? If not he will run into the same issues on the defensive end. His instincts are great but the physicality just isn't there.
upslater is in his own little world, never said he couldn't develop said it seems he had issues bulking up so he will probably run into the same issues on defense.

Reaction Score
If everyone on the same page that he can still develop there is no sense of arguing anymore, its just he said, she said while agreeing

Reaction Score
upslater is in his own little world, never said he couldn't develop said it seems he had issues bulking up so he will probably run into the same issues on defense.
Nice. Conveniently leave out these posts...

"Young? He'll be 23 years old before the season starts."

And...

"He would've been the oldest player on our roster had he stayed, I'm not sure you know the definition of young"

Talk about moving the goalposts.

What can anyone assume you meant if I'm talking about his youth and the potential for development?

Remember: you responded to me and assumed I was saying that 23 is young for a college basketball player.

On its face that's ridiculous and preposterous.

Reaction Score
Nice. Conveniently leave out these posts...

"Young? He'll be 23 years old before the season starts."

And...

"He would've been the oldest player on our roster had he stayed, I'm not sure you know the definition of young"

Talk about moving the goalposts.

What can anyone assume you meant if I'm talking about his youth and the potential for development?

Remember: you responded to me and assumed I was saying that 23 is young for a college basketball player.

On its face that's ridiculous and preposterous.
Thanks for adding 2 more posts that help my argument ya dope

Reaction Score
I think @cohenzone needs to offer a summer course to all BY posters...let's get you all to structure your posts better to avoid pages of pissing contests about what you actually meant.

I want to see some intros, statement of purpose and some rousing conclusions. You've got all summer to prepare for next season where I blindly assume we'll see huge improvements from all...

Reaction Score
If everyone on the same page that he can still develop there is no sense of arguing anymore, its just he said, she said while agreeing
I think this debate is ruining upstater's weekend, guys all fired up because I called him out for saying 23 years old is young in college basketball. Of course I assume we're talking about college basketball, this is a college basketball board right?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think @cohenzone needs to offer a summer course to all BY posters...let's get you all to structure your posts better to avoid pages of pissing contests about what you actually meant.

I want to see some intros, statement of purpose and some rousing conclusions. You've got all summer to prepare for next season where I blindly assume we'll see huge improvements from all...
Hmm. Where did that come from? I’m pretty sure this is my first post in this thread. Your post needs an intro, a footnoted explanation, a glossary of phrases and few Thesaurus references to be understood. Otherwise, you are just aiming to start a pissing contest.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Where did that come from? I’m pretty sure this is my first post in this thread. Your post needs an intro, a footnoted explanation, a glossary of phrases and few Thesaurus references to be understood. Otherwise, you are just aiming to start a pissing contest.
Sorry, as the resident author here I figure you had more writing experience than most...see even I need some work

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sorry, as the resident author here I figure you had more writing experience than most...see even I need some work
LOL. One thing I’ve learned is that if you’ve had one book published (me) not by yourself , you are no longer a mere writer, but fully entitled to call yourself “author”, which might be worth something if I were 30 years younger. Anyway, if I’d been better at constructing arguments, I might have gotten into an Ivy law school instead of my public university.

Reaction Score
Roscoe transferred because he didn't get PT
Kevin Freeman was a muscular 240 and played very physical unlike Akok
Hilton Armstrong was a 6'11 240
Roscoe transferred because he didn't get playing time because he basically refused to play the 4 and wanted to only play the 3. He played 20 minutes a game at the 4 when we won a natty. It was certainly a relevant example.

Reaction Score
Interesting. So which one of the three is he leaning toward? Anyone know?
No clue but he didn't mention WVU in that list - and Huggy was in Storrs a week ago. OSU would be a much better spot than Pitt or Georgetown.

Reaction Score
No clue but he didn't mention WVU in that list - and Huggy was in Storrs a week ago. OSU would be a much better spot than Pitt or Georgetown.
Thought previously he was going to be visiting WVU after Pitt. Wonder what happened there

Reaction Score
Why?

Granted , OSU has a stronger program than Pitt or Georgetown.

But, Pitt and Georgetown have a lower talent level so he should have more opportunity to play at either school.

Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
The last sentence: "Him and his staff...."?

Geeze, I know we have grammer problems here in the Yard, but something as bad as that in a major city publication? No editors there?
The editors speak that way at home and that's what they heard growing up.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Geeze, I know we have grammer problems here in the Yard,
kelsey-grammer-drinking-alcohol-death-pp.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members