Akok Commits to UConn!!! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Akok Commits to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
”I look up at the NBA jerseys that are on the wall in the practice facility,” Akok said. “There aren’t just a couple, they almost stretch the entire length of the court. I wanna be on that wall one day and I wanna play with guys whose jerseys are on that wall.”

This quote is awesome! ;)

Link? I must have missed it in my enthusiasm. And google failed me...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am not one of the kool kids. What does post/handle mean or imply?
Suggests a relationship between what someone has written (post) and what their user name (handle) is.
For example, you might read it as a Reply to your posting something that refers to Jeremy Lamb. In essence: "What would you expect from a guy named 'Ewekon'?"
@Dove, see post #214 in this thread

I did not understand Hans explanation, so here's mine. [EDIT: I now understand Hans example. It was clever, but perhaps above my pay grade.]

Post/Handle is when a poster's name dovetails perfectly with their post. So for example:
If you have never had rabbit made by an Italian woman from the old country, you don't know what the you are talking about.
Excellent post/handle
Would have been an epic post/handle if you said coniglio instead of rabbit.
B+/A-

A guy named Paesano is talking about how good italian rabbit is. August one-ups him with a better example.​

Anywhere but Pitt. I honestly don’t get the attraction.
Post/handle

A guy from with the handle 'Pittsburgh 2 Storrs' posts that he does not get the attraction to Pittsburgh (see link).​

Sources up at UConn are telling me that Calhoun will be returning. Details are vague. Discuss below:
This is the ultimate ironical post/handle

So he posts complete a satirical BS rumor, while his handle is GetTheFacts. I do not think he meant to relate the two, so I called it ironic.​

You can also do things like Post / Avatar when that matches perfectly as well.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That Syracuse board is rather full of itself, no?...

"UConn has to feel on top of the world now, they beat us on the floor and on the recruiting trail. That’s like winning the power ball to them."

Delusional. Beating Cuse is just an expectation, like breathing. Now, when we were losing in all respects that was like drowning. Beating really great programs (Duke, UK, KU) for recruits and in the tournament that would be like winning powerball.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Most mixed reaction to yesterday's news? Probably @temery. Both ecstatic at what this means for UCONN and pulling his hair at potentially 2-3 more years of Akok jokes.

I am a big pun guy in this forum and even I think that now that he's on board we should let that go and pronounce the kid's name correctly. There's still plenty of material: Akok knows how to make make dishes, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Link? I must have missed it in my enthusiasm. And google failed me...
Another quote from the same article which captions the picture of a smiling Akok sitting next to Bouknight on the bench in their UConn hoodies.

The Cook-Book: After committing to UConn, there was only one thing on Akok’s mind: “Let’s go see my future teammate.”

AKOK COMMITS TO UCONN

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Another quote from the same article which captions the picture of a smiling Akok sitting next to Bouknight on the bench in their UConn hoodies.

The Cook-Book: After committing to UConn, there was only one thing on Akok’s mind: “Let’s go see my future teammate.”

AKOK COMMITS TO UCONN

Good stuff. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Good to see Akok smiling. I know what depression is and I had an uneasy feeling this kid was not happy. He is going to be great. A semester of practicing with the team, and training with coach Sal, he will not be a freshman wet behind the ears when next season begins. This worked out perfectly.

Reaction Score
I did not understand Hans explanation, so here's mine. [EDIT: I now understand Hans example. It was clever, but perhaps above my pay grade.]

Post/Handle is when a poster's name dovetails perfectly with their post. So for example:

A guy named Paesano is talking about how good italian rabbit is. August one-ups him with a better example.​

A guy from with the handle 'Pittsburgh 2 Storrs' posts that he does not get the attraction to Pittsburgh (see link).​

So he posts complete a satirical BS rumor, while his handle is GetTheFacts. I do not think he meant to relate the two, so I called it ironic.​

You can also do things like Post / Avatar when that matches perfectly as well.
Thanks all. Pretty simple

Reaction Score
Think I should go visit the Syracuse board and tell them the other recruits they're about to miss out on?
There going to get a lot of recruits as are you guys and believe there going to get wahab and still have a realistic chance Stewart!!! And the Guerrier kid is a stud, glen rice clone!!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Good to see Akok smiling. I know what depression is and I had an uneasy feeling this kid was not happy. He is going to be great. A semester of practicing with the team, and training with coach Sal, he will not be a freshman wet behind the ears when next season begins. This worked out perfectly.

Maybe he is a modern day proponent of Stoicism. Too many folks try to be shiny happy people these days. And one size does not fit all.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There going to get a lot of recruits as are you guys and believe there going to get wahab and still have a realistic chance Stewart!!! And the Guerrier kid is a stud, glen rice clone!!!

Pipe down Iowa, we all things Syracuse, especially their fans, so your positive energy is actually negative energy on this board. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Delusional. Beating Cuse is just an expectation, like breathing. Now, when we were losing in all respects that was like drowning. Beating really great programs (Duke, UK, KU) for recruits and in the tournament that would be like winning powerball.
5>1 is the next lottery I expect to win!

Only regret will be Tyler remains 2>1.

Reaction Score
Well the biggest thing is that we can recruit again. I mean the biggest thing to me is we won a major recruiting battle - and one that was kinda complex - with the dropping out, pro interest, going head to head with Pitt and Syracuse.. like this is a big, big win. We can still draw dudes. And we did it through outworking everyone. This is a staff that can get it done. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer - in a way I could almost care less about Akok himself so much as this was really a bigtime message sent by the staff that they can do this.

As for Akok, I like him a lot. I think he's a 2-year guy. But I also think he's got bust potential being so skinny and I dunno.. track record isn't sensational with guys like that and he hasn't lit the world on fire the last few months. NOT down on him - I think he'll be good but he's got some risk.

Important thing is - we won a big recruiting war coming off a year where we were the absolute drizzling crap.. and we didn't just win it, the kid was so sold that he dropped out of a PG year, took an SAT as soon as he could, drove to campus and commiitted after two weeks of turning into Suzie Cheerleader behind the bench. I mean... guys.

Strongly agreed.

This recruiting win isn't so much about Akok himself (though he will surely help at a position of need next year), but about what it signals to other highly-ranked recruits about UConn being, now again under this new regime, a destination for top talent looking to get to the NBA.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Just got cut from the b-ball team today. I would get cut 50 more times idc, this is what we deserve baby!
Sorry for your basketball news. I'm sure it stings. Remember, everyone goes through similar experiences: getting dumped by someone, not getting a job, getting fired from another job (as I write this, I realize I've had all of those things happen to me...)

You will be stronger for the experience. I'm sending you positive thoughts.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Sorry for your basketball news. I'm sure it stings. Remember, everyone goes through similar experiences: getting dumped by someone, not getting a job, getting fired from another job (as I write this, I realize I've had all of those things happen to me...)

You will be stronger for the experience. I'm sending you positive thoughts.
Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger